Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PRIORITY MANAGER V1.6 BY BUYUKBANG : Complete Tool to Power Up Azbox

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ebro View Post
    Tried again using VLC. Slightly better on my pc, but still jerky. Must be hell of an encode
    Try with Media Player Classic - Home Cinema, using in options **** Output**** EVR Custom Pres.

This will enable the DXVA to play smooth HD videos.

Thanks
    Try the pure codec. In my old pc pentium4 @2.8 , 2gb ram & ati 3850 agp 512mb it plays everything with any player
    hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/406581330/PureCodec20091225.exe

Thanks
    @Shadz,

I'll try this file when I prepare v1.7 and tell the result. But I don't think azbox (and other mkv players) can play a file flawlessly that "only some" players/codecs flawlessly on our PCs while others play jerky. This is highly related by nonstandard ripping methods/options.

I'm using KMPlayer+Coreavc or XBMC on my PC to play mkv files. With PM, I think azbox is very successful at playing mkv's, at least it plays %90-95 of files that KMPlayer+Coreavc or XBMC plays. This is just my experience and I know there are some very high bitrate movies that azbox will play jerky. But we've still a little room to push azbox to get more. I'll try and share results with you.

Thanks
    Thanks buyukbang!

I appreciate that!

Thanks
    @Shadz,
    I tried the movie sample after killing TV+EMU. As I guessed it's still jerky on the scene zooming out from the TV. But after testing a few mkv files, I noticed that killing TV+EMU speeds up movie playback, so this method seems working!

BTW, I found a way to kill and restart TV+EMU without rebooting! So as I said before I'll implement 2 buttons:

- ENTER MOVIE MODE
    - EXIT MOVIE MODE

I'll use the method that I found in "Hidden Channel List" feature, so that there will be no reboot after activating "Hidden Channel List", too.

I've another news, after Alessio's bug report I fixed a bug that causes HDD not to sleep if there is a reserved recording. This is the second fix on this bug, I thought it was solved in v1.4. But this time it's completely solved according to Alessio's tests. This fix will be included in Priority Manager v1.7.
    Last edited by buyukbang; 14-07-2010 at 01:36 AM.

Thanks
    amazing buyukbang!!!!
    by the way, would it be possible if we had an option to go to mediaplayer, tv+emu stops, and if we get out mediaplayer, tv+emu starts?
    if so, that would be amazing!! , all automatic!

if u want i can test. thank you very much for your work!

Thanks
    Yea, I'm already added this option to settings file but not completed yet. But to prevent stoppping and restarting TV+EMU which takes a little time when accidentally switching to mediaplayer, I'll include a timeout value, so that ie. TV+EMU will be killed 30 seconds later after switching to mediaplayer.
    I'll send this for your testing before releasing, but at the moment I'm not very fast in coding since I'm a bit sick and resting home :(

Anyway, I'm expecting PM 1.7 will be ready in one week, probably at this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by hfmls View Post
    amazing buyukbang!!!!
    by the way, would it be possible if we had an option to go to mediaplayer, tv+emu stops, and if we get out mediaplayer, tv+emu starts?
    if so, that would be amazing!! , all automatic!

if u want i can test. thank you very much for your work!

Thanks
    BUYUKBANG I wanted to thank for his excellent work and also to others who are participating in the development.

I wanted to ask if you can implement in the near version management also openvpn service.

I noticed that the latest 2 firmware with the latest two versions of priority managers have a lot of lag if you use VPN.

Thanks again great job Buyubang have revived our AZBox.

I apologize for my English

Thanks
    OK, I can add but need some information since I don't use openvpn.

What is the application name you see in ps command output for openvpn? You want it to have always high priority, do you?

Please test and find best nice value for you. You can test this by giving following command:

snice openvpn -5

You need to change openvpn to the right application name and change -5 to values between -1 and -10 to find optimal value.

Quote Originally Posted by banditus View Post
    BUYUKBANG I wanted to thank for his excellent work and also to others who are participating in the development.

I wanted to ask if you can implement in the near version management also openvpn service.

I noticed that the latest 2 firmware with the latest two versions of priority managers have a lot of lag if you use VPN. But try to be as near as -1, since values between -5 and -10 will effect TV and movie playback negatively when openvpn is running. (Of course people not running openvpn will not be effected)

Thanks again great job Buyubang have revived our AZBox.

I apologize for my English
    Last edited by buyukbang; 14-07-2010 at 11:36 AM.

Thanks
    Thank you.

The application name is "openvpn", use it only when I watch TV.

Following your advice I feel the text set with the value -3 and let you know.

Ps.

Welcome to our forums Italian hihihiih
    Last edited by banditus; 14-07-2010 at 03:34 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by buyukbang View Post
    @Shadz,
    I tried the movie sample after killing TV+EMU. As I guessed it's still jerky on the scene zooming out from the TV. But after testing a few mkv files, I noticed that killing TV+EMU speeds up movie playback, so this method seems working!

BTW, I found a way to kill and restart TV+EMU without rebooting! So as I said before I'll implement 2 buttons:

- ENTER MOVIE MODE
    - EXIT MOVIE MODE

I'll use the method that I found in "Hidden Channel List" feature, so that there will be no reboot after activating "Hidden Channel List", too.

This is great news for us, buyukbang! Thank you very much for your excelent work!

Killing all processes, except the mediaplayer, is really a good idea. In theory, this will give us the maximum performance of the box to read mkv movies. \o/

I think this box will be even better than popcorn to read our movies, except for DTS drops. =D

Thanks
    i think that too!
    performance will be awsome.

by the way, is it possible to kill it all in tvmode too,just to usetv+emu or is not necessary?

Thanks
    i think that too!

by the way, is it possible to kill it all in tvmode too,just to usetv+emu or is not necessary?
    i think theoretically it will improve TVmode as it does to movie mode
    will try to manually killall and c

Thanks
    Unfortunately, most of the resource hungry apps are needed for TV Menu.

Quotation from PM's readme.txt:

DESCRIPTION OF THE PROCESSES:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SDecoderServer - A/V playback and demux
    DStar - Menu handler
    CRTVCore - TV module
    CRTVSetup - TV module

detector_test - file type detection
    emu_module - Multicas
    file_control - manages file operations.
    mbox_module - MBox emu
    mgcamd - MgCamd emu
    cheops_module - Cheops emu
    sbox.sigma - SBox emu

telnetd - telnet server
    vsftpd - ftp server
    JIPC_Server - manages messages between processes (Java Interprocess Communication Server)
    cifsdnotifyd - SAMBA server
    cifsoplockd - SAMBA server
    xfslogd - XFS log
    xfsdatad - XFS
    xfsbufd - XFS
    ir_control - Remote control
    youtube_player - Youtube
    Polaris - Browser
    browser_control - Browser
    rssfeed - RSS
    EStar - Photo viewer

All bold items are needed for TV Menu.

All red marked items are already killed by firmware and PM after menu changes, so they don't exist in TV Menu.

There are some other processes that exist but they have very very small footprints in CPU and RAM. So there is nothing more that we can do for TV Menu.

i think that too!

Quote Originally Posted by aoryx View Post
    i think theoretically it will improve TVmode as it does to movie mode
    will try to manually killall and c

Thanks
    After writing below message I thought of a new idea:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost....&postcount=154

We can extract the latest mediaplayer executable without DTS sound drop problem and use it with the latest firmware until opensat junior developers release a fixed firmware? I don't know if it works or not but we can try.

AFAIK 4295 was working well with DTS, anyone can confirm or suggest a newer firmware?

Note: Of course we'll loose all later fixes in multimedia module, but DTS sound drops problem is the worst bug of all for me...
    Last edited by buyukbang; 16-07-2010 at 08:31 AM.

Thanks
    to be honest there are too many good changes in latest firmwares to ignore...
    i for one, won't use old mediaplayer.

i like go to position and improved aspect ratio detection,etc etc.
    with your script i can watch DTS without problems, so i think i'll use killall option

Thanks
    with your script i can watch DTS without problems
    Not with the PM version 1.6. At least here, the DTS sound drops still occur. But yes, I also like very much "go to position" and improved aspect ratio detection, hehe

Thanks
    It was just an idea but you're right. There are lots of important fixes. We wish Opensat fix DTS.

to be honest there are too many good changes in latest firmwares to ignore...
    i for one, won't use old mediaplayer.

i like go to position and improved aspect ratio detection,etc etc.
    with your script i can watch DTS without problems, so i think i'll use killall option
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadz View Post
    Not with the PM version 1.6. At least here, the DTS sound drops still occur. But yes, I also like very much "go to position" and improved aspect ratio detection, hehe

Thanks
    Hi Buyukbang,

It seems that your suggestion of using hidden channels doesn't work for enabling/disabling the IPTV channels.
    The problem is http_streams.txt residing in disk2.
    Whenever I activate the hidden channels (iptv removed), the http_streams.txt is loaded again (after the restart) and the iptv channels appear again.

Do you have any idea to overcome this situation?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by buyukbang View Post
    Good news

I'm not sure but my experience is parallel as yours, IPTV Channels slow downs the box in latest 3-4 firmwares. But still I'm not sure about that and this needs some more testing.

BTW, yes you can switch IP TV channels with PM v1.6, (but currently need reboot though). To do this you can use "Hidden Channel Feature" and simply creating a hidden channel list (Let's say second channel list, since only usage purpose differs, but the mechanism is same. ). Steps are as follows:

1- Click "Save Hidden Channel List" button from PM. This will create a second channel list based on your current channel list (exact copy of it)

2- Click "Activate Hidden Channel List" button from PM. This will reboot Azbox.

3- After reboot, now you are working on your hidden (second) channel list. You can make all changes you want here (For your specific example, delete all IP Channels)

4- Click "Save Hidden Channel List" button from PM. This will save all changes you did in your Second Channel List, if you don't do this all changes you did will be discarded.

5- Reboot manually. After reboot your Default Channel List will be automatically loaded. (No changes done to your Default Channel List)

6- You successfully completed preparing you hidden (Second) Channel List. From now on you only need to click "Activate Hidden Channel List" button from PM to switch channel list.

I'll think on "no reboot" method. AFAIK, it's possible to implement. May be, I can implement it in next release. (not a promise but I'll try to do)

Thanks
    Before clicking "Save Hidden Channel List" button, backup and delete http_streams.txt. With this way it will not be included in hidden channel list.

Quote Originally Posted by fcis7000e+ View Post
    Hi Buyukbang,

It seems that your suggestion of using hidden channels doesn't work for enabling/disabling the IPTV channels.
    The problem is http_streams.txt residing in disk2.
    Whenever I activate the hidden channels (iptv removed), the http_streams.txt is loaded again (after the restart) and the iptv channels appear again.

Do you have any idea to overcome this situation?

Thanks in advance

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast