Thread: Good receiver for Ireland?

Thanks

Good receiver for Ireland?

Hi everyone was wondering could I get some advice. I bought a starview6 box then was told it wouldn't work in my area the same with another box.

What would be a good box to buy? I know it more personnal opinion just like to make sure the box will actually work in Ireland.

Have a 500s box but it started playing it I'd rather not go back to it.

Currently have Ch*rus/UPC in my house but have a sky dish hanging up outside.

Grateful for any help..

Thanks
    Any satellite receiver will work in Ireland. Over the years I have had Manhattons,Samsungs, Humax,Tecnomate and Spiderbox.The most I paid for any box was 600 Euro for the Humax iCord. It was a heap of Junk from the start ,lasted two years and is now in my garage after it locked-up. I replaced it with a Tecnomate 6900 HD and it it still a great box but now lacks a bit of support.I then suplemented it with a Spiderbox 9000 Hd and for channels received and value for money it is ,to me, unsurpassable as a receiver. If you are lookink for a receiver that can do most things you expect from a receiver and value for money I would recommend this box. I would stay away from the many more or less obscure boxes at least until you get more experience. Members here on this forum are more than helpful in your inquires so take the plunge. Sometimes other forums are not so helpful and you may get the odd slap on the whrist. I am in the far South of Ireland and use a 1.2 merer motorised dish and a quad LNB.TMULL

Thanks
    vu+ is the best there is mate in my opinionm and i have had a few!!! but main advice is stay away from azbox!!! worst experience of my life with it. also dtt now available through usb for rte digital with vu+.

Thanks
    Irishchris,When you say RTE digital do you mean it is on satellite? Any information greatly received.TMULL

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmull View Post
    Irishchris,When you say RTE digital do you mean it is on satellite? Any information greatly received.TMULL
    dtt is digital terrestrial television , or freeview , from an aerial , not satellite

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

Sat Box in Ireland

I use Tecnomate 6900 HD Super, on a sky dish you`ll get all the fta channels on 28.2e (Sky`s Position), on the built in DVB-T tuner connect a roof aerial and you should get The digital test broadcasts (Or Irish Freeview) including RTE1,RTE2,TV3`s position (Currently a Test Card), TG4, RTE News Now,and a HD testcard in 1080I. there are also 10 or so Radio Channels, which now include the irish DAB stations. Hope this helps.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    there is a box by edision called a Mini 2 in 1 and its good for ireland. look for saorview com.

gbmitie

Thanks
    IrishCelt.
    The Sagem "Picnic" Freeview set top box will work with the Irish mpeg4 system.
    I use one on the West Wales coast.
    Regards

Thanks
    Was looking for something I could get all the channels on.

Thanks
    IrishCelt.
    As this is in the "HD Satellite Receiver discussion" area what ALL channels are you refering to?
    Regards

Pimp Donator and V.I.P joshjess's Avatar
    Thanks
    MVision HD 300 Combo Net will receive the MPEG4 Irish DTT signals

V.I.P
    Thanks
    the idea is to get all the FTA channels on 28east and that includes BBC HD plus the irish DTT channels. The edision argus min 2 in 1, which i have, is a cracker and cost 129 euro, u can connect a HDD via usb and it becomes a PVR. ITVHD is on it as well. The only thing missing is the new digital text that comes with dtt but it still handles ordinary aertel text. I believe this box has ben superceded by the argus min 2in1 IP a bit dearer but with an ethernet port. I am well plesased with it.

And with the imminient launch of DTT this October more boxes will be made available and approved by the broadcaster, rte:bowing-036:

gbmitie:respect-040::respect-040: