Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PRIORITY MANAGER V1.3 (Plugin Version):Complete Tool to Power Up Azbox

Thanks

PRIORITY MANAGER V1.3 (Plugin Version):Complete Tool to Power Up Azbox

PRIORITY MANAGER V1.3 BY BUYUKBANG

I'm very tired of all coding, testing and bug fixing process, I can have a rest now.

PLEASE READ "INSTALLATION" AND "IMPORTANT NOTES" SECTIONS BEFORE ASKING OR COMPLAINING ABOUT SOMETHING!, THANKS....

DESCRIPTION:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This plugin is written by BUYUKBANG to improve total performance of Azbox HD !
    Here is the short list of jobs Priority Manager does:

1. Priority Manager automatically changes the priorities of the processes to give optimal
    performance for the menu being used. I tested all processes one by one, decided their
    effects on the performance of all modules and prepared a bug-free (hopefully) and complex
    logic to cover all possible usage cases.

2. Priority Manager provides power saving! Smudger's power measurements show that
    Priority Manager decrease power consumption of the box from 25W to 23W while watching an
    SD channel and from 28W to 24W while watching an HD channel.

3. Priority Manager optionally automatically mounts CIF and NFS shares when remote server
    is online and automatically unmounts CIF AND NFS shares when remote server is offline, so
    protects file manager from freezes when remote goes offline after the shares mounted.

4. Priority Manager optionally creates swap file on your HDD/Flash disk which will help
    RAM by caching some part of the memory. Priority Manager not only supports creating swap
    file on internal HDD or usb HDD/Flash disk connected before Azbox boots, it also supports
    creating swap file on usb HDD/Flash disk connected after Azbox boots by continuously
    checking for new USB devices.

5. Priority Manager can execute user selected programs after going into SLEEP mode and
    the kill them after return from SLEEP mode. By using this feature running resource
    intensive programs like transmission, aMule, azepgmgr in only SLEEP mode will be
    automatically managed without user intervention.

6. Priority Manager increases internal storage (DOM) speed speed up to 20% by changing
    its working parameters.

7. Priority Manager provides "Deep Sleep Mode" which automatically kills all unnecessary
    applications and improve downloading speed when box goes to sleep mode.

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Smudger for the all information, tests and power measurements, his tests killed the bugs!

Kanber Kav for his permission for the usage and modification of his Multicas Info plugin
    and for the idea of increasing internal storage (DOM) speed!

HISTORY:
    v1.3
    -----

NEW : Packed the script as a plugin. You can look at the script logs, activate,
    deactivate, restart the script simply from Plugins Menu without having to use TELNET.
    Special thanks to Kanber Kav for his permission for the usage and modification of his
    Multicas Info plugin!

NEW : Increasing internal storage (DOM) speed up to 20% by changing its working
    parameters! (Thanks to Kanber Kav for the idea!)

NEW : Full automated cleanup mechanism: After deleting this plugin from Plugins Menu,
    Priority Manager will be deactivated and process will be stopped, all installed files and
    log file will be deleted, all process priorities will be set to their default values. No
    reboot or user intervention needed!

NEW : Reserved programs are now supported. When a scheduled recording starts, TV
    prioritization will be applied until it ends.

NEW : CIF mount support for those who want want to mount CIF shares of your network to
    Azbox. (auto-mounts shares when the file server is online, auto-unmounts share when the
    file server is offline)

NEW : NFS mount support for those who want want to mount NFS shares of your network to
    Azbox. (auto-mounts shares when the file server is online, auto-unmounts share when the
    file server is offline)

NEW : Swap file support for Azbox. You can activate this option so that to Priority
    Manager creates swap file on your HDD or Flash disk which will help RAM by caching some
    part of the memory. Swap usage file helps large file operations like recording.

NEW : "Deep Sleep" option. You can activate this option if you want to kill all
    unnecessary applications when box goes to sleep mode to improve downloading speed. There
    are some side effects of deep sleep. For more information please read DEEP_SLEEP section
    of settings.txt .

NEW : Automatic management of execution and killing of sleep mode programs. Priority
    Manager can execute user selected programs after going into SLEEP mode and the kill them
    after return from SLEEP mode with the new feature. For more information please read
    PROGRAM section of settings.txt .

NEW : CCcam EMU prioritization. (Thanks to Smudger for the information!)

NEW : NewCS EMU prioritization. (Thanks to Smudger for the information!)

NEW : Transmission (torrent client) sleep mode prioritization.

NEW : aMule (eD2K client) sleep mode prioritization.

NEW : Verbose log generation for debugging added. Please read "IMPORTANT NOTES - 4" for more information.

NEW : Better TV recording and channel switch speed.

NEW : Better performance for some process priorities.

NEW : All settings are moved from script file to a separate file : settings.txt

FIX : "CANCEL" option in sleep menu is now detected as it should be.

v1.2
    -----

NEW : azepgmgr support to protect TV/Media applications from the glitches caused by its
    initial process. (Thanks to Smudger for all tests and information!)

NEW : Client/Server mode switch parameter for those who want to this script on a box
    being used as a CAM server.

NEW : Audio menu prioritization.

NEW : Settings menu prioritization.

NEW : Plugins menu prioritization.

NEW : Cheops EMU prioritization.

NEW : SBox EMU prioritization.

NEW : All process priorities fine tuned.

NEW : Better menu detection.

NEW : Better sleep mode detection.

NEW : Loop sleep time decreased from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.

FIX : Sometimes CRTVCore collects all CPU power and this slows down everything. So I
    decreased priority of CRTVCore.

FIX : Fixed a bug in restart: /DISK2/etc/start.d/S99PriorityManager.sh restart

v1.1
    -----

NEW : RSS and Browser components stay in memory after first usage. Added support for
    automatically killing RSS and Browser components when using other menu.

v1.0
    -----

NEW : All process priorities updated according to the results of my long tests. IP TV,
    Mediaplayer, Recording, ECM Time (for EMUs) performances are optimized.

NEW : Old scripts use "snice +XX" command to give processes positive nice values (lower
    priority). But this command does not guarantee to decrease the priority and system
    sometimes ignore this command. You can check old scripts by top command while changing
    menu modes. "<" sign means negative nice value and high priority, "N" sign means positive
    nice value and low priority. After a few times changing the menu modes everything has "<"
    sign and this is really nonfunctional situation. To fix this problem I used "snice STOP"
    which cannot be ignored by the system.

NEW : massimo1167's script is not compatible with the option "Always Start in TV Mode"
    and this causes totally wrong prioritization. This is fixed.

NEW : Old scripts block firmware upgrades and upgrade process sticks at "Extracting".
    Priority Manager fixes this issue and fully compatible Opensat upgrades. Just wait 45
    seconds at "Extracting", then upgrade process will continue.

NEW : ftp,samba,telnet prioritization in sleep mode. I suggest you to transfer your files
    with FTP during sleep mode prioritization. This is the fasted method.

NEW : Photo menu prioritization.

NEW : Browser menu prioritization.

NEW : RSS menu prioritization.

NEW : Use this command to stop the script (does not work in old scripts):
    /DISK2/etc/start.d/S99PriorityManager.sh stop
    NEW : Use this command to restart the script (does not work in old scripts):
    /DISK2/etc/start.d/S99PriorityManager.sh restart

NEW : Logging. Use this command to see log file:
    tail -n100 -f /tmp/PriorityManager_IsRunning

INSTALLATION:

1. Extract PriorityManager.plugin and plugins.lst files from the archive file.

2. Copy PriorityManager.plugin and plugins.lst to USB or simply transfer them by FTP to
    /tmp folder of your Azbox.

3. Enter Plugins menu, press Red Button on remote controller to add plugin. If you're
    using USB select to install it from USB, or if you transferred files to /tmp folder
    install it from tmp folder.

4. Check user defined parameters in /PLUGINS/PriorityManager/settings.txt and edit
    parameters if you want, save the file.

5. Activate plugin from the plugins menu: PLUGINS-->PriorityManager-->Activate/Reactivate

6. After the first run of the script standby.sh and wakeup.sh scripts will be created
    under /DISK2/etc . These scripts will help to main script for the decision of the sleep
    mode by creating and deleting a file ( /tmp/PriorityManager_Sleep ) If you have already
    standby.sh and wakeup.sh in /DISK2/etc, they will be backed up by installation process
    in the same directory. Then you may want to manually add below commands to scripts
    before running Priority Manager:
    echo 0 > /tmp/PriorityManager_Sleep = to standby.sh
    rm /tmp/PriorityManager_Sleep = to wakeup.sh

IMPORTANT NOTES:

1. Priority Manager script works in a loop with 30 seconds sleep times. So wait max 30
    seconds for prioritization. You can decrease this to 15-20 secs if you want, but values
    below 10 may cause a small performance loss.

2. A looped script in /DISK2/etc/start.d/ will block the other scripts with a higher
    heading value. So do not use any looped script. This is the reason why I used "99" in the
    script name. This will not block any script with two digits but will block scripts with
    higher values as heading value.

3. Please do not use any folder in HDD to mount shares. This will cause HDD not to sleep
    because of continuous folder checks by Priority Manager. Even without Priority Manager,
    it's not recommended, since share access always triggers HDD. Instead I would recommend
    you to use folders in internal storage (DOM). If you need to access this mounts directly
    from Menus (under main directories of Video, Music, Picture), you can use symlinks
    created under HDD pointing mount folders in DOM.

4. If you have any problems with Priority Manager, change VERBOSE_MODE=1 in settings.txt
    and reactivate Priority Manager from PLUGINS-->PriorityManager-->Activate/Reactivate.
    This will create a verbose log file /PLUGINS/PriorityManager/PriorityManager_Verbose_Log
    Collect data with this option set to 1, without stopping, restarting, reactivating and
    deactivating Priority Manager, because all this operations will delete all old log files.
    Then send an e-mail to author (you can find my e-mail adress in readme.txt) containing
    PriorityManager_Verbose_Log with the approximate time that problem occured. Don't forget
    to reset VERBOSE_MODE=0 and restart priority manager or logfile size will continuously
    increase which may cause internal storage (DOM) to run out of disk space.

UPDATE:
    I added PriorityManagerv1.3_by_Buyukbang_ Extracted_Plugin_Version.zip for those having difficulties with azbox plugin installation mechanism. It's really unstable.
    Instructions for this verion:
    1- Extract PriorityManagerv1.3_by_Buyukbang_ Extracted_Plugin_Version.zip
    2- Upload PriorityManager folder to azbox under /PLUGINS folder.
    3- chmod 755 everything.
    4- Copy S99PriorityManager.sh under /DISK2/etc/start.d/ and chmod 755
    5- Copy wakeup.sh and standbye.sh under /DISK2/etc/ and chmod 755
    6- Edit settings.txt if you want
    7- Activate Priority Manager from plugins menu

DOWNLOAD:
    You can download this from attachment or from the alternative link:
    hxxp://uploaded.to/file/hkp3s7
    Last edited by buyukbang; 24-05-2010 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Added extracted version

Thanks
    Thanks a lot buyukbang for your great work...
    It s guys like you that keep the community alive....
    the box is now performing a lot faster and zapping speed improved a bit...

the only thing i couldn t make to work is the nfs mount...

i ve put in the settings.txt
    MOUNT_TYPE=1

REMOTE_IP=192.168.1.10
    CHECK_PATH=/DATA/movie

and the nfs parameters are
    NFS[1]="mount -t nfs 192.168.1.10:/movies /DATA/movie -o nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,in tr 0 0"

if i run this command via telnet it mounts the shares fine..
    now in the log i got nfs mount failed/ check path is empty...

what am i doing wrong?
    thanks in advance..

Thanks
    Many thanks for this usefull plugin.

But I must reported, my old plugins was disappeared after I installed the priority-manager. I had to install all the old plugins again.

Thanks
    Sorry but there is a mistype in explanation part of settings.txt
    Set it to 2 for NFS or 1 for CIF...
    :

MOUNT_TYPE=2 # ==> IF YOU WANT TO MOUNT CIF SHARES OF YOUR FILE SERVER TO
    # AZBOX, JUST SET MOUNT_TYPE=1, EDIT THE CIF[] PARAMETERS FOR
    # SHARE PATHS, LOCAL MOUNT FOLDERS, USERNAMES AND PASSWORDS.
    # IF YOU WANT TO MOUNT NFS SHARES OF YOUR FILE SERVER TO
    # AZBOX, JUST SET MOUNT_TYPE=2, EDIT THE NFS[] PARAMETERS FOR
    # SHARE PATHS AND LOCAL MOUNT FOLDERS. TO DISABLE MOUNT
    # FEATURE SET MOUNT_TYPE=0.

Quote Originally Posted by leerock View Post
    Thanks a lot buyukbang for your great work...
    It s guys like you that keep the community alive....
    the box is now performing a lot faster and zapping speed improved a bit...

the only thing i couldn t make to work is the nfs mount...

i ve put in the settings.txt
    MOUNT_TYPE=1

REMOTE_IP=192.168.1.10
    CHECK_PATH=/DATA/movie

and the nfs parameters are
    NFS[1]="mount -t nfs 192.168.1.10:/movies /DATA/movie -o nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,in tr 0 0"

if i run this command via telnet it mounts the shares fine..
    now in the log i got nfs mount failed/ check path is empty...

what am i doing wrong?
    thanks in advance..

Thanks
    Should be an azbug. Never experineced this, I've 4 other plugins installed...

Quote Originally Posted by zeini View Post

But I must reported, my old plugins was disappeared after I installed the priority-manager. I had to install all the old plugins again.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Güzel iş teşekkürler Arkadaşım.

Thanks
    still doesn t mount...

this is how i got it

MOUNT_TYPE=2

REMOTE_IP=192.168.1.10
    CHECK_PATH=/DATA/movie

CIF[1]="mount.cifs //$REMOTE_IP/film /DISK2/mounts/movie -o username=XXXXX,password=YYYYY" #THESE ARE JUST EXAMPLES
    CIF[2]="mount.cifs //$REMOTE_IP/download /DISK2/mounts/download -o username=XXXXX,password=YYYYY" #THESE ARE JUST EXAMPLES
    CIF[3]="mount.cifs //$REMOTE_IP/dvd /DISK2/mounts/dvd -o username=XXXXX,password=YYYYY" #THESE ARE JUST EXAMPLES
    CIF[4]="mount.cifs //$REMOTE_IP/mp3 /DISK2/mounts/music -o username=XXXXX,password=YYYYY" #THESE ARE JUST EXAMPLES
    CIF[5]="mount.cifs //$REMOTE_IP/pictures /DISK2/mounts/picture -o username=XXXXX,password=YYYYY" #THESE ARE JUST EXAMPLES

NFS[2]="mount -t nfs $REMOTE_IP:/download /DISK2/mounts/download -o nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768" #THESE ARE JUST EXAMPLES
    NFS[3]="mount -t nfs $REMOTE_IP:/dvd /DISK2/mounts/dvd -o nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768" #THESE ARE JUST EXAMPLES
    NFS[4]="mount -t nfs $REMOTE_IP:/mp3 /DISK2/mounts/music -o nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768" #THESE ARE JUST EXAMPLES
    NFS[5]="mount -t nfs $REMOTE_IP:/pictures /DISK2/mounts/picture -o nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768" #THESE ARE JUST EXAMPLES

Do i have anything wrong in my nfs line?
    Via telnet it s working fine though....
    Last edited by leerock; 23-05-2010 at 06:04 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zeini View Post

That happened to me, but a reboot and everything was back again.

No need to reinstall.

Thanks
    That's excellent, Many thanks...

Thanks
    Mate,

You should delete all example definitions. As written they are just examples Plugin will try to mount all activated and defined shares. Not only NFS[1] that you defined, but also NFS[2] , NFS[3]...

So just use this:

MOUNT_TYPE=2
    REMOTE_IP=192.168.1.10
    CHECK_PATH=/DATA/movie

still doesn t mount...

this is how i got it

MOUNT_TYPE=2

REMOTE_IP=192.168.1.10
    CHECK_PATH=/DATA/movie

CIF[1]="mount.cifs //$REMOTE_IP/film /DISK2/mounts/movie -o username=XXXXX,password=YYYYY" #THESE ARE JUST EXAMPLES
    CIF[2]="mount.cifs //$REMOTE_IP/download /DISK2/mounts/download -o username=XXXXX,password=YYYYY" #THESE ARE JUST EXAMPLES
    CIF[3]="mount.cifs //$REMOTE_IP/dvd /DISK2/mounts/dvd -o username=XXXXX,password=YYYYY" #THESE ARE JUST EXAMPLES
    CIF[4]="mount.cifs //$REMOTE_IP/mp3 /DISK2/mounts/music -o username=XXXXX,password=YYYYY" #THESE ARE JUST EXAMPLES
    CIF[5]="mount.cifs //$REMOTE_IP/pictures /DISK2/mounts/picture -o username=XXXXX,password=YYYYY" #THESE ARE JUST EXAMPLES

NFS[2]="mount -t nfs $REMOTE_IP:/download /DISK2/mounts/download -o nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768" #THESE ARE JUST EXAMPLES
    NFS[3]="mount -t nfs $REMOTE_IP:/dvd /DISK2/mounts/dvd -o nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768" #THESE ARE JUST EXAMPLES
    NFS[4]="mount -t nfs $REMOTE_IP:/mp3 /DISK2/mounts/music -o nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768" #THESE ARE JUST EXAMPLES
    NFS[5]="mount -t nfs $REMOTE_IP:/pictures /DISK2/mounts/picture -o nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768" #THESE ARE JUST EXAMPLES

Do i have anything wrong in my nfs line?
    Via telnet it s working fine though....

Thanks
    As I told, seems as an azbug, nothing I can do :(

Never experinced this, but plugins intallation module of Azbug is not so reliable. I saw other strange cases

Quote Originally Posted by xanadu View Post
    That happened to me, but a reboot and everything was back again.

No need to reinstall.

Thanks
    Thanks a lot m8
    I though the others were disabled
    Now it s working fine....
    Wow
    What a great job!!!!!

Thanks
    i also lost my older plugins.

reboot didnt do anything

anyway good work

Thanks
    Just a note ,

MOUNT_TYPE=0 disables all CIF & NFS definitions,

But when you activate them with MOUNT_TYPE=1 or MOUNT_TYPE=2, you should edit or remove all example definitions.

Thanks a lot m8
    I though the others were disabled
    Now it s working fine....
    Wow
    What a great job!!!!!

Thanks
    It seems that the script is not handling parameters to programs to be started at sleep and stopped at boot.

For example to start all torrent I must call:

/DATA/hdb1/opt/bin/transmission-remote --torrent all --start

And to stop all of them:

/DATA/hdb1/opt/bin/transmission-remote --torrent all --stop

It is possible to use, for example, /DATA/hdb1/opt/bin/transmission-daemon without parameters, but if you kill it waking up the receiver, when you go to sleep transmission will have to verify all the data, and this it will take a very long time.

Thanks
    I thought this, but a bit tired to add this feature. Expect in next release...

Quote Originally Posted by blackhole View Post
    It seems that the script is not handling parameters to programs to be started at sleep and stopped at boot.

For example to start all torrent I must call:

/DATA/hdb1/opt/bin/transmission-remote --torrent all --start

And to stop all of them:

/DATA/hdb1/opt/bin/transmission-remote --torrent all --stop

It is possible to use, for example, /DATA/hdb1/opt/bin/transmission-daemon without parameters, but if you kill it waking up the receiver, when you go to sleep transmission will have to verify all the data, and this it will take a very long time.

Thanks
    All the menus seem much slower than normal.

My box was faster before, but I will give it a chance.

Thanks
    Can not install PriorityManager plugin, neither from USB1, nor from /tmp : Fail to install plugin.

No other plugin on AZbox Elite HD, FW 4890, no hardware acceleration, DVB-S2 + DVB-T tuner

Any hint ?

Thanks
    Another azbug :(

Same configuration, only accerelation is on for me.
    Just try after a few reboots. Sometimes azbox do this and don't want to install plugins...

Quote Originally Posted by zmpumm27 View Post
    Can not install PriorityManager plugin, neither from USB1, nor from /tmp : Fail to install plugin.

No other plugin on AZbox Elite HD, FW 4890, no hardware acceleration, DVB-S2 + DVB-T tuner

Any hint ?

Thanks
    Updated first message with PriorityManagerv1.3_by_Buyukbang_ Extracted_Plugin_Version.zip for those having difficulties with azbox plugin installation mechanism.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast