Thread: AAF Recovery Tool Guide

Thanks

AAF Recovery Tool Guide

Many on this forum (including me) have questions regarding replacing the bootloader on the Icecrypt and installing a firmware image other than the original. A new guide has just been published by the AAF Team detailing how to use the AAF Recovery Tool to amongst other things install the Maxi Uboot bootloader and other images such as Enigma 2.
    Thanks to the AAF team on _http://www.aaf-board.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Steve_M For This Useful Post:

fatboy7 (07-04-2013)

Thanks
    i used this guide and successfully installed 3 E2 images to one USB stick

Thanks
    I've tried to do this but when I hit connect and start the box ART 4.3 freezes on Windows 7 (64-bit). When I tried using XP I got no further, the only difference is that the receiver halts displaying loader 1.21.

PUTTY on both OSs does not display anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    firewall switch OFF

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grantec View Post
    firewall switch OFF
    Thanks for the response but that didn't work.

I turned off Windows Firewall and Symmantec Network threat protection - still no joy.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
    I have almost managed to get the AAF recovery tool running under Linux (Ubuntu 10.10). It case it is of use to others, the way to do this is:

1. Install the packages: wine, mono-runtime and libmono-microsoft-visualbasic8.0-cil
    2. Install the AAF recovery tool by running its .exe file under wine. (Double-clicking it should work.) Use the defaults for all options.
    3. Run it using the command:

mono ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/AAF\ Recovery\ tool/AAF_Recovery_tool.exe

The program appears to run and even finds the serial ports (including USB). However, it fails to find key files. It looks like the reason for this is that the directory separator is hard coded as "\". (This has been deduced because the log file directory and log file created are in the wrong place and have "\" in the file name.)
    Last edited by chris217; 13-12-2010 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Add more information

Thanks
    Is this tool compatible with S3500HDCCI or is there any other tool for that box?

Thanks
    Is this tool compatible with S3500HDCCI or is there any other tool for that box?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffna View Post
    I own an Icecrypt S3500 and have succesfully loaded the PKT HAARP and NEBULA images with great success after trying both I decided to stick to the nebula image. Follow their instructions to the letter, as I did, and you should have a dual boot machine as I have.

Thanks
    ive got the s3500 can i ask how you installed other firmware on them as i cant get aaf to connect to it so i cant get it to install maxi u-boot

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by d5str0y3r View Post
    ive got the s3500 can i ask how you installed other firmware on them as i cant get aaf to connect to it so i cant get it to install maxi u-boot
    google pkt images for octagon 918+ which should take you where you want to go. follow their instructions and it will work. I changed my bootloader, by following their instuctions, formatted a usb stick and copied another loader and an e2 image to the stick and loaded e2 from the pen drive. I then reset my original loader by using their software and now i have an e2 image running on the usb stick
    and when i remove the stick, I have original firmware running on the receiver