Thread: hd pvr satellite receiver best on market

Verified Registered User speedway's Avatar
    Thanks

Icon13 hd pvr satellite receiver best on market

I am also looking to upgrade from a standard technomate tm 5400 cl + usb
    to a high definition receiver. I know technology is moving at a very fast rate and i know there is always a better one coming off the production line so i'm aware it is always difficult to know when to buy.

my requirements are;

A HD pvr receiver that has a sensitive tuner for blind scanning and picking up feeds, an internal hard drive, a twin tuner, must be able to load files via usb stick and have ability to except good stable software updates, must also support diablo cam and cas 3+ programmer and softcam upgrades.

do not want linux though.
    would love to get 4:2:2 feeds but do not want azbox.

So is there anyone on this forum who can tell me the best receiver for my needs above please. much appreciated, speedway

Thanks
    Sounds like you are looking for the holy grail...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,293 Times in 1,498 Posts
    If anyone knows of such a box I am also interested but I need to add that when football is on I need a cold beer every 30 mins but this needs to be flexible if my team are loosing as a greater amount can be consumed during these times.

Another feature that should be easy is a timer that gets dinner on the table for when I get home.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Do we have a FAQ somewhere on this forum which mentions what types of questions can be asked on this forum?

Recently I have noticed people replying with weird or sarcastic comments...

If there is no answer then it's better to ignore the post...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,293 Times in 1,498 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    Do we have a FAQ somewhere on this forum which mentions what types of questions can be asked on this forum?

Recently I have noticed people replying with weird or sarcastic comments...

If there is no answer then it's better to ignore the post...

Seems like the sense of humour transplant is more common than botox these days.

Banned
    Thanks
    there must be a receiver nearly like the one he wants how about just giveing him the name of a few that has most of what he wants even if it dose not have all maybe there people on forum that have tried most of the top receivers and has details of which is the best they have found.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sheild 10 View Post
    there must be a receiver nearly like the one he wants how about just giveing him the name of a few that has most of what he wants even if it dose not have all maybe there people on forum that have tried most of the top receivers and has details of which is the best they have found.
    until he drops some of his bespoke requirements nothing comes close

he has already ruled out linux boxes and also the azbox , leaving very little in the way of a 2 tuner model with cam slots , card slots , usb etc

anything that is left and is currently available will be on the forum somewhere for him to read about

I think the problem here is that people build up a bespoke list of requirements that is never matched by the commercial boxes on sale , hence some of the comments

but I will say that the icecrypt s4000 sold by the sponsors seems to be the closest of those left in the running , if not the only one

Thanks
    Just get a bicycle.

It's not an Azbox.

It doesn't run Linux.

Not sure about the rest though!

Verified Registered User speedway's Avatar
    Thanks
    Don't get me wrong i like people with a sense of humour, but i am asking a serious question here and would like to know what is the nearest box to my requirements if there is not one on the market i would appreciate it if someone would say so as i am looking to purchase very quick as the speedway season is about to start and the feeds are in hd. so serious answers first please

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speedway View Post
    Don't get me wrong i like people with a sense of humour, but i am asking a serious question here and would like to know what is the nearest box to my requirements if there is not one on the market i would appreciate it if someone would say so as i am looking to purchase very quick as the speedway season is about to start and the feeds are in hd. so serious answers first please
    I think there may be just the one I gave you , apart from the ones you discounted

manikm had similar requirements recently and posted a few threads about it , mainly azbox and icecrypt at the time

vu+ duo also looks good to me , but you said you dont want linux

azbox if you want 4.2.2 feeds , but you said you didnt want that one either

seems to me you should decide on priorities and budget and then decide , because you wont get what you asked for as it does not exist

Thanks
    linux is the future for sat recievers like it or not so why wouldnt you want that
    ,there will be next to nothing on emu/keys in a few months,oh and also a expresso attachment de-caf for tarzan

Thanks
    Another vote for the Icecrypt here.

Very stable image, great picture quality, internal HDD, twin tuner and cheaper than everything else

Thanks
    This site contains a wealth of information which would have probably answered your query, indeed there are a number of threads in this section that go into quite a lot of detail:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=124162
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=104945

I'm sure that the responses you would have received had you spent a little more time checking out the available information would have been slightly less sarcastic. It's a bit like walking into a toy shop on the run up to christmas and asking if they have the "must have" toy of the year, that has been all over the news as being in short supply...

Having answered the same question a number of times, invariably the guys in the shop are going to end up making a joke of it, it's just human nature.

[soapboxmode]

However, and this is a board criticism, the search is almost unusable in the context of the hobby. There are many 2 or 3 letter words or abbreviations are used in the regular chit-chat on the board, and for some reason, presumably to decrease the load on the server, all 2/3 letter words are excluded from the search...? It means that newcomers cannot search the forum effectively, and consequently have to ask questions which should have been easily answered with a simple search.

If it is a server load issue, then fair enough, that's Kink's choice and he's entitled to make it. But if not, it would be helpful for all if this restriction was eased or lifted.

[/soapboxmode]

Humour is the oil that lubricates the wheels of what many would consider a fairly dull, boring hobby, so please don't take it too seriously