Thread: hard boot 6900 super

Thanks

hard boot 6900 super

hi is it poss to do a hard boot up on a tm 6900 super that wont boot up is there any secret installers way to do this i killed my box loading a patch through usb i was trying to load patch 701 when the box locked up i had 2 switch it off i have been trying to do a force download using loader 187 and go back software using null modem cable without any success yes the port is working and the cable is null modem i checked on another box all that shows on the 6900 is a blue light around the channel up/down button and when i try the loader it keeps telling me 2 connect receiver and turn it on but i do have it connected and i do have it on its like the loader and box cant see each other please guys any help i only have the box a short time and spent a lot of money on it i have been trying to fix this all day i was told this was were all the best brains were and if anybody could help the members of this forum could so come on guys take up the challenge and spark my box back in 2 life l

Thanks
    You only tell about the blue light? Is it still showing Technomate on the display?
    disconnect all cables but the TV, rs232 and power.
    use a scart cable to TV, check the TV display.
    Are you using a real serial port? find a computer with serial port. If this is still not working:
    Lower the settings of your serial port:
    Bits second: 9600
    Databits: 8
    Parity: none
    Stopbits: 1
    DataTransport: none
    When you make the serial connection you have both computer and Technomate switched off?
    switch Technomate off
    use the 1.8.7 with the smiley icon
    initiate transfer and switch on Technomate when program asks you to.
    repeat this if the process failed: No Transfer should be in process: not in the program or not on the TM display.

If this failed:
    find another null modem cable, use a short one: 1 meter max
    find an older slower computer with real RS232 (XP or even Win98)
    try procedure again
    this did fail on my XP computer(P4 530, after been disconnected for 24 hours and on another computer (at the sat shop) the recover procedure did work.

Thanks
    YES BLUE LIGHT ONLY no technomate in display/ no pic on tv display yes serial port worked when i hooked up a 6800 box i was able 2 up/down ch list and software on this box when i make connection i have computer on stab off yes i do exactly what loader says but it still keeps asking me to connect and turn stab on even after i have done this i am using an old computer using xp pro i have tried 2 cables but they are 3 m long i will try lowering the settings of my port but as it worked on my tm 6800 i dont think it will make any diff thank u for the suggestions

Thanks
    there is a bootloader software to load
    with a null modem cable and then the latest official software
    when the box wont boot up on technomate.com site.
    i have the tm 6900 original model and this cleared my box
    but i can remember if it's for all tm 6000 models or just
    the 6000 original models it might be worth a look

Thanks
    HI CLIPPER yes i have seen this and i would try it if i could get the loader and my stab 2 connect but they dont seam to want to this is the main prob not what software to use thanks 4 your replay

Thanks
    Hi again,
    It looks to me like you have a real problem with your box if you cannot get the 'Technomate' logo on the front panel to light, possible hardware power supply problems. My guess is that until your box is capable of displaying the logo, then it's not capable of recognizing the serial port is trying to write something to it!
    I've come across this sort of problem before in processor run electronics, usually cured by a hard reset to start the prog. from the beginning (reset button) In this case it will be a 'power on reset'.
    I would try contacting Technomate support to see if they can help!
    All the best.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelga View Post
    >8 >8i am using an old computer using xp pro i have tried 2 cables but they are 3 m long i will try lowering the settings of my port but as it worked on my tm 6800 i dont think it will make any diff thank u for the suggestions
    The main message is the TM display should show the "Technomate" when switching the power switch on.

Try this: keep pressed menu button on Technomate front and switch power on. If your lucky this forces the download on TM.
    Have it hooked up to a screen with scart or HDMI for visible control.
    You should see this on screen. Do this when the bootloader ask you to power the 6900 HD Super.

my serial port is still working on this XP computer and was working on the 2nd 6900 hd combo super, it would not load the goback software with stb loader 187, I did on the shop's computer. With the 187 loader and the goback software for the 6900 HD Super, I had with me on the USB stick.
    Normal rs232 communications work here on null modem cable + 5 meter extension serial cable to and from the 6900 HD Super. Updates only work on the short null modem cable.
    If you don't have access to other computers:
    If you have a bootable windows 98 live cd or external HD drive where you can install win98 on, might be worth a try. Can have something to do with the timings in the serial communications protocol and the hardware.

Thanks
    HA MADDROG i think u might be right about the power suplay i have been checking on the net and found this box is very prone to this tm brought out a tm 6900 super plus because they knew early on about this prob with the 6900 super they should have done a product recall when they found this out but it looks like they tried to cover it up and s###W US ALL it is a lot of money 4 a box to go faulty within a year or so i deff wont be buying tm again if they dont do something about it to sort it out i have emailed them but i am not hopeful