Thread: new dish/lnb setup

Thanks

new dish/lnb setup

hey guys i have to dishes standard sly dish and 80 cm dish i picked up ages ago, maybe ****... anyways i tried to point the second dish at 19.2 and i can clear all the channels, no matter how much i play with it, on further inspection i told my tm9100 my diseqc i had other lnbs with 16 and 13, when i scan i can actually get lots of channels off each but with my 1 lnb! is this because its not focused correctly on 19 and im getting transponders from 13 and 16....? i think i might actually have the most on channels on 13.

any suggestions? i have got extra lnbs here and a 3 way bracket in the post as i would now like to get all channels i can off each.

Chris

Thanks
    dish is no longer as it was? Most likely something is bend? Dish-arm or dish itself? and do you use a diseqc switch to switch between the lnb's? One lnb should only get beam from 1 sat location and not from 2 locations.
    Pictures and explanation what you did (installation steps) , ...
    Would help to comprehend what is going on?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    a dish can only point at one thing at a time , so what you think you get from elsewhere is irrelevant

the first task is find out where the dish is pointing , and tune just those channels in , so for 19e just tune channels on 19e in , dont bother with say hotbird as its not pointing that way

if you want other sats you must point the dish at that position BEFORE scanning , otherwise you get channels from where it is actually pointing

Thanks
    to explain i have 4 way diseqc and have a slyuk dish hooked into port 1 and a 80cm dish in port 2, nothing in 3 or 4. i tried to scan the 19.2 but couldnt get all channels or a full set of transponder locks no matter how i moved the dish.

in my tm9100 i setup the following, told the box i have a 4 way diseqc:

sat 1 : 28.2 which i have
    sat 2 : 19.2 which i have
    sat 3 : 16 which i dont have
    Sat 4: 13 which i dont have.

i done this as thats how i planned to have it setup in the future as i ordered a multi lnb bracket of the net.

however........... when i asked the tm9100 to do a multi sat scan i finds channels off every sat! and i can view most of them! i have more for 13 than anything else, thats why i thought the dish was no aligned correctly. it didnt make scene to me at first but i have checked with lyngsat and right enough the channels are from different sats

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    if you have 2 dishes hooked in by a 4 way diseqc switch , then you will only receive channels from those 2 sats , providing you have set up the switch to correctly switch to each sat , you will not receive channels from any other sats than what the dishes are actually pointing at , just the same as if you dont look over your shoulder you wont see what is behind you

so assuming you have setup the box to the diseqc switch correctly , you will get channels from just 2 satellites , and only those 2 satellites , nothing else will be there !!

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Well done that man
    If you can replicate that dish then mass produce it I predict you will be a very wealthy man in no time

All the best Dean.

Thanks
    i think the confusion was because it said it was scanning and finding on other sats but it might have been saying so many found on 19 but it was from 13.

after cleaning up the setting i can confirm it is 13 its on my its not getting all the channels/transponders. i have been using a sat meter/compass in conjunction with my tm9100 to find stuff, any suggestion how to get the dish setup more accurately so i can get it all?

also when my bracket comes i will be able to mount 3 lnbs on the dish, the plan was to get 19.2,16,13 does this sound fine and what should be the main focus? i heard mixed things about which dish you should actually point the dish at.

cheers guys, sorry if the previous posts and this post seems a bit n00b like, its because i am pretty much new to this.

Chris

Thanks
    you will need a special LNB for 16° for a normal lnb the distance of +-3° between the lnb's would be to small to fit 3 standard LNB's for these positions.

you could use this one as your center lnb, point it to 13°E it is the strongest satellite, adjust until you have good reception. If you good a good signal slightly adjust the dish to the west so you get a signal from 16°E. The other LNB's could sit on each side of your center lnb.
    When adjusting the dish or lnb's on the receiver keep in mind you would have approximately a processing delay up to couple of seconds.

Sat signal is a reflected signal in the dish, if the LNB is not the center one. The outer LNB's would capture the opposite signal of the position there close to: Lnb seating near the south would capture the satellite most distal from the south if dish is aiming for East position.
    Last edited by Giga; 16-10-2009 at 07:10 AM.