Thread: tf7710..

Thanks

tf7710..

Here's the problem [going by the replies in other post's i dont expect an answer]..
    The damn thing seem's to have packed up i cant seem to get into the full menu mode to update the firmware..
    [the icons for the timer settings,file list and organizing does not seem to highlight..
    but the system,installation and infomation does..[well sometime's]..
    So far i've managed to do a factory reset [but nothing changed]..and also tried to format the hard disk[came up fatal error]..and now cannot seem to get the format hard disk to highlight unless i do a factory reset again..
    I have not managed to get the firmware updated by the usb [it say's not found etc]..
    Also half the time the remote control dont work [this does not make it any easer]..
    Oh by the way the firmware i tried to put on is the right firmware for the reicever..
    I have tried there help line but dont seem to get through to them [alway's busy]..
    So the main question is does anybody know where [in london] i can get this heap of crap repaired..[or any suggestions as how to go about getting the damn thing to work]..
    Thank's in advance..
    PS..
    I wont hold my breath waiting for a reply..

regard's

terry.

Thanks
    66 hit's and not one reply,
    well lucky i didn't hold my breath[i would be dead by now!!]..lol..
    i'll answer my own question [might help someone else with the same problem]..
    one mainboard replaced[r0834f02983]..one hdd replaced[wcapz-3896045]..
    Think i'll buy a backup unit [spiderbox]..
    anything's gotta be better then this..

regard's,

terry.

Thanks
    Did you get this going?
    I did read your post but if it wont read USB I'm a bit stuck as I have loaded Enigma2 AAF Last Summer Dream version on my boxes and I'm still learning but pleased so far. I've got two and llike it with no history of problems. My main suggestion if it's still broken is you reflash the firmware with Topfield down or TopSet and see if it clears.

Thanks
    Thank's for your reply m8,
    But as you can see by my last post the main board and the hdd had to be replaced [under gaurantee]..so in the end it would have been a very expensive repair if i had to pay for it myself..
    Dont use it much now as aquired a different system,
    regard's

terry.

P.S Happy new year m8.

Thanks
    is it the toppy tf 7710hdpvr with twin tuners?

Thanks
    Yes m8..

Thanks
    i got one of these, turbosat.com are the official tech people, ask for james in tech.

have you tried putting firmware on by rs232c thingy at back with null modem cable.

theres are abt 3 different types of the same sw for different loader versions and system id. they can be got here i-topfield.com

i had problem this week when i changed lnb the box went ape ****, verified it folders and files, then only gave me the main menu page with the same options as you have system etc,

this meant for me that it had returned to zilch and i had to start from scratch and add all the sats and scan (as if out of box) maybe this is wat you need to do.

i was lucky that i had stored my settings on internal store option and i could recover them, once it recovered them everything was back to normal but you do lose your stored timer settings.

had you stored anything previously ? the code i belive is a generic one, is 2606 (james @ turbosat gave it to me and did not ask for specifics abt box)

Thanks

scan???

hi lads i have this receiver and today i,ve scanned the new hotbird viacess art channels just wondering why it only pulled in arabmovies etc and not sports channels even though on same tp cheers

Thanks
    Sorry i cant answer your question m8, don't use the toppy anymore let's hope someone get's back to you..
    Good luck..
    regard's,

terry.

Thanks
    I've got the 7710 with Enigma2 winter and it pulls in all the Sport package. Sorry cant explain why a problem for you.
    Jem

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    it could be you have too many channels loaded on it already and may need to get rid of some first