Thread: Making a stand-alone blue ray player region free

Thanks

Making a stand-alone blue ray player region free

Wow, it's not as straightforward as it used to be with the good old dvd players! Still looking for-eventual- rc codes to unlock me Sharp BD-HP-21s. to allow playback of bd disks bot in the USofA. In the meantime came across a -rather ***bersime- solution that cd work for other makes as well. To updte the player's firmware one needs to load it to a USB key and then upload the lot to the player. On the tech support site there are versions for various marks. Once u upgrade- thruUSB- u cannot upgrade to the same FW for a different zone. BUT: IF U BURN THE UPGRADE FW TO A BOOTABLE CD ROM (AS iso FILE) THIS BYPASSES ALL RESTRICTIONS AND U CAN UPGRADE TO DIFFERENT ZONE VERSIONS USING DIFFERENT CD ROMS!

Thanks
    The latest 4u: Sharps esupport site features all sorts of language/region/zone combinations ur supposed to put on a usb key to upgrade the firmware. Instead of putting on USB key, burn this as bootable cd- the zone versions u need (zone 1 and zone 2 in my case) then keep them handy. To switch between zones u'll have to boot from the relevant cd. (NB _THIS DOES NOT WORK WITH USB KEYS!!!!). Maybe ***bersome but this works, cd also work for other makes