Thread: cube revo`s on e**y

Thanks

cube revo`s on e**y

e**y have been removing second hand cube revo`s this week, a few weeks ago same thing happened to dreamboxs, other than e**y where could i look for a second hand cube revo twin or a ipbox 9000hd.thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,180 Posts
    Do you know why fleabay have been removing linux based sat boxes from their site?

Ive sent you a pm m8

Thanks
    i dont why they are doing, but 2 i was looking at this week where removed wednesday night, one of the sellers contacted me over buying it private but he was in Ireland

Thanks
    that means my relook will be removed then soon. not sure where else u could get a cuberevo,i got mine from fle**** too.

Thanks
    i think they where removed because of the wording, ie cable tuners and getting certain channels

Thanks
    I just picked one up of **** yesterday. I paid £310 for a 8 month old model. Its imaculate - but the software on it doesnt work very well.

Thanks
    What software have you got installed?

Thanks
    It came with an early DGS image. - The guy who sold it actually said that he thought it was a jack of all trades and master of none. In the state it was in, I can understand why he sold it.

Ive flashed the latest NLB image on it last night, but while I was using FTP over lan last night it just kept freezing needing a hard reset.

My early impression of it is not good, and if you are not proficient in understanding Linux/Telnet and other protocols then I would stay away from this box.

There is no way that it can replace my setup in its current state – my wife and daughter would have a fit.

Thanks
    Try latest sifteam DGS based image in flash that way u can have multiboot installed as part of flash image

Then get yourself 2gb min USB stick & load PKT version 6 of Enigma 2

All the info & guides on how to should be on this site m8

U can use mgcamd or incubuscamd which will connect to a cccam server

You cant reshare with incubuscamd yet

& u should find many working features on Cuberevo similar to a Dreambox

Its not perfect but improving well

Next release of PKT E2 should include Cross Epg which should in therory be similar to a Sly 7 day EPG

Good luck

Thanks
    Something is wrong with your receiver if it keeps crashing. I have had my cuberevo nearly a year now and never had a major problem with either dgs station images or E2.
    At the mo I have the setup what catseye says above and it is great, no probs what so ever.

I got mine from the Lee the board sponsor I know not as cheap as fleabay but I have learnt from the past with fleabay and there is some right crap on there. Its always better to pay that bit extra and have peace of mind as to what you are buying.

Thanks
    @Keano
    I don’t think its hardware related, but software. It was probably a config error on my part. I have a USB stick formatted ext3 attached, and I was trying to FTP over lan to it. The box didn’t like that!

I here what your saying about fleabay - I tried to buy new but it was a bit of a farce. I need to find a reputable and reliable satellite supplier and installer. There seems to be some cowboys in the industry, one supplier just wouldn’t get back to me!

@Catseye

Thanks for the heads-up on the current ideal setup; I will give that a try this afternoon. I have no idea why mgcamd or incubuscamd are important to me just yet as im a novice, but once I get it up and working everything will become crystal.

Thanks for replying, I owe you guys a beer!

Stu

Thanks
    if you do not know where to find a cuberevo then look here mates
    https://www.goldwafers.co.uk/home.php?cat=47

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sharker View Post
    @Keano
    I don’t think its hardware related, but software. It was probably a config error on my part. I have a USB stick formatted ext3 attached, and I was trying to FTP over lan to it. The box didn’t like that!

I here what your saying about fleabay - I tried to buy new but it was a bit of a farce. I need to find a reputable and reliable satellite supplier and installer. There seems to be some cowboys in the industry, one supplier just wouldn’t get back to me!

@Catseye

Thanks for the heads-up on the current ideal setup; I will give that a try this afternoon. I have no idea why mgcamd or incubuscamd are important to me just yet as im a novice, but once I get it up and working everything will become crystal.

Thanks for replying, I owe you guys a beer!

Stu
    Make it a bathams bitter then m8

Lovely stuff