Thread: Oh DEAR Clone ****ed

Thanks

Oh DEAR Clone ****ed

Now the fun part getting it working again

No response from box yet

Loaded latest secondstage and 200809 drivers ****ed the box

Nabilo Blackhole 0.11 with bootloader 72 before it ****ed working to a fashion slow zapping on some channels ect

crikey 60 minutes to flash an image via the serial port

Couple of pointers I noticed not sure if its covered elsewhere

Wasted 30 mins trying to work out why box would not power up so If the box does not appear to power up do the following....

1)Make sure nothing is plugged into db800 ie usb ect I also diconnected hard disk but not sure if it made a difference
    2)Get DreamUp ver 1.3.3.3 minimum and null modem cable
    3)Plug one end of cable into pc but leave out of db800
    4)run dreamup click connect
    5)plug in power and serial cable at the same time

Dreamup should indicate found db800 then it will initiate HTTP wait until Local IP (PC) is populated and it will automaticaly assign an IP to Remote DB800 although this is realy a virtual network over a serial cable for purposes of flashing NFI files

54 minutes to go oh well cup of tea time

Thanks
    Ok back up and running with nabilosat 0.11g however internal HD when attached prevents the box from booting does not even light up display on dm800

Unattach the HD cable and all is fine

Notice i now have bootloader 70 instead of 72 which i had before not sure if this makes a difference

Suggestions to the HD issue would be welcome its not the disk as i have tested it outside the dm800

Thanks
    Thanked 3,293 Times in 1,498 Posts
    If you had ss72 work before why not add that ?

Not sure it will help the HDD issue.

Thanks
    Thanks sonic I will try that incidentaly do we have it on here I mean the ipk file?

I noticed when the clone came it had a gemini image on it but I wanted to stay clear ogf geminis for obvious reasions

Im not terribly keen on nabilo images in particular when you preess the up arrow to get a list of channels you cant select the letter on the remote control because nabilo have asigned shortcuts to 1 2 3 and 4 keys

I like the latest from dreamforum but it too prevented being loded in the clone same error no boot in CA

Is there a method for adapting images to be clone friendly?

Also Barry Alan I guess is the best way to multiboot so that I can try images without having to reflash all the time or have i got this wrong as well

Whilst they might be a pain these clone boxes are well worth the money at half the price of the original and besides they give you more to think about so i am going to bat on with this box rather than pay 400 quid for an original

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,293 Times in 1,498 Posts
    Second stage ipk is HERE
    Im not terribly keen on nabilo images in particular when you preess the up arrow to get a list of channels you cant select the letter on the remote control because nabilo have asigned shortcuts to 1 2 3 and 4 keys
    This can be disabled, I am unable to check exactly how to do it but the info exists on the board already in one of the DM800 BH chat threads.

Thanks
    Back to normal with bootloader 72

Not has a smuch fun since the magic cam days

Cheers