Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: conax Cas7

Thanks

conax Cas7

Hi!

One urgent question:

Anyone knows if conax Cas7 cards are working with Azbox HD?

Internal reader or conax CI?

I'm wondering if conax card of polish n packet is working in other boxes.

Anyone knows?!

Thanks

Thanks
    It would help me very much if anyone could tell me if cards of "n" are working in other receivers than original ones.

Anyone made experiences with "n" ?

Thank you!

Mildly Important Nymph :D goran's Avatar
    Thanks

Question

Is there a need to pair it with the receiver?

Thanks
    Conax (Canal Digital) is working OK

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dig Deep View Post
    The cas7 card pairing algo isn't implemented in anything other than the original box's, this however doesn't mean that that CAS 7 cards do not work. Only the channels that have got Card pairing implemented i.e. DigitALB HD channels, will not work.

I believe its just a matter of time until the Algo is implemented in EMU's. NDS card pairing was once a myth in EMU's but now we have ....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus1 View Post
    It would help me very much if anyone could tell me if cards of "n" are working in other receivers than original ones.

Anyone made experiences with "n" ?

Thank you!
    I don't know if all polish 'n' channel paired, but all logs sent me for study 'n' channels show pairing in place on those channel. It is easier of two pairing system available in cas7 from ecm answer... 'easier', this relative speaking, I mean. If pairing algo ever implemented in public CS soft, this mean end-user must dump his unique pairing keys and know where look for them in dump from his box flash only before he can share or use card in other than his own conax approved box. For 'n', I think you can also get card paired with a new conax licenced cam also. See: h_t_t_p://www.technisat.com/index27b4.html?nav=Pressemeldunge n,en,23&presse=detail&id=603. 'N' is added to their approved list, I think.

So answer your q, that card not work in Azbox or any other on channel where pairing in place current, unless in paired CI cam. If that cam work in Azbox, no idea. When/if pairing algo implement in public soft, need dump flash from original conax box and find pairing keys before can use in other box or share. Same if paired to new Tecnicrypt cam, must dump pairing keys from it, if want use card for CS. If just want watch, paired cam if work in your stb enough.

Some polish conax channels not cas7 paired if you buy other card. TNK card working these channels - TVN, TVN7, TVP1, TVP2, religia TV, TVN24, nSPORT, TVN Turbo, TVN Style, TVN CNBC Biznes, TVN Meteo, TVP info, TVP Sport, Disney. It decrypt only old 0b00 caid, not 0b01 caid ecm, in stream ... but this card not paired. Can use this card in any stb, share it etc.
    Last edited by oblomov; 04-08-2009 at 09:49 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks for the answers, especially oblomov!

Yes, I know the TNK card but I want to use all "n" channels including HD. No cs needed, just want to watch and record.
    So it looks like the "n" conax card wouldn't work in internal card reader of Azbox HD.

So the big question is: Does the TechniCrypt CXV CAM work in Azbox HD? Who knows?
    I think if conax cam works, that one should work too.

So what would I need to make the "n" card work in this CXV CAM? Just put it in and everythink works fine?
    Or would I need a dump flash of the original n box?

Is there any info on how to do that dump flash?

Thanks again!

Thanks
    So what would I need to make the "n" card work in this CXV CAM? Just put it in and everythink works fine?
    Or would I need a dump flash of the original n box?
    Contact Polish supplier to make sure TechniCrypt cam approve for all 'N' channels. I heard it is now, but logs sent me come from people with polish provider stb, so you better check for sure on cam.

If it is approve, provider make same thing with cam as if you have their stb. You make subscription, they will probably ask you for some serial number from your cam, then they will send OTA some commands that pair your 'N' card to your TechniCrypt cam. For watch that is all needed. Don't follow all Azbox CI problems, but TechniCrypt cam and 'N' card should then work in pretty much any stb that properly support CI protocols. It made to support cas7 pairing so you don't have to use provider own stb for providers who don't mind that, but still want be cas7 compliant.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dig Deep View Post
    How come?
    I thought Canal Digital uses pairing too ?!

Thanks

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by oblomov View Post
    Contact Polish supplier to make sure TechniCrypt cam approve for all 'N' channels. I heard it is now, but logs sent me come from people with polish provider stb, so you better check for sure on cam.

If it is approve, provider make same thing with cam as if you have their stb. You make subscription, they will probably ask you for some serial number from your cam, then they will send OTA some commands that pair your 'N' card to your TechniCrypt cam. For watch that is all needed. Don't follow all Azbox CI problems, but TechniCrypt cam and 'N' card should then work in pretty much any stb that properly support CI protocols. It made to support cas7 pairing so you don't have to use provider own stb for providers who don't mind that, but still want be cas7 compliant.
    Thank you!

1. Is it possible to buy the TechniCrypt CXV CAM in stores or can one only get it directly from the supporting providers?

2. Do you know which channels of "n" are using pairing?

It would mean that I still could watch some channels of "n" that don't use pairing.

I've got only few days left to decide if I should subscribe to the "n" package.
    If I can't record with Azbox HD that would mean I would have to take the "n" HD recorder.
    But next problem is that I don't know if I can transfer the recordings to PC then and use them for further editing and encoding to other video formats.

Maybe someone can tell me.

thank you

Thanks
    Yes, you can buy TechniCrypt cam from stores. I just did quick SE search for cam using a .pl search. Many Polish stores advertising this cam along with TNK card ... this maybe not so good for you, cos they don't mention 'N'. TNK card is not paired, as I say before. :=/

This cam have ability to do cas7 pairing, rather than end-user needing provider stb, but only if provider prepared to do this. So you need check, like I say before, with some dealer who sell the 'N' sub if TechniCrypt cam is supported or not. If not, provider stb will be needed for the card to work.

All logs I looked at for 'N' came from provider stb. I don't remember what channels were for, but all of them that I look at were paired communication ... simplest of the two available. And card would not work outside its own box iirc.

You ask why CD scandinavia card work in any conax cam or stb when they are cas7 paired too. Reason ... for now, those card which have been paired (only those who have provider stb they push on customers have been) are only paired locally. If put paired card in CD supplied stb, during INIT stb and card establish they will communicate using pairing. You won't see no real DWs if you log card in that provider box. But you can take a paired CD card and put it in some other stb/conax cam and card will work fine, return real DWs you can see etc, cos no pairing dialogue established at INIT. Provider have to add some mandate pairing commands to ECM itself that force card to be used in own stb only, using paired communication. CD didn't do this yet. They do it first only on HD channels ... maybe later on some premium film/sport channels. But it require all customer of any package they do it on have provider stb before they can do it. Easiest to do fast with small customer base. It why DigAlb HD channels could move to full pairing so fast. Those channel will only work for customer in their own paired kaon stb.
    Last edited by oblomov; 05-08-2009 at 03:02 PM.

Thanks

Question

But if you put it into another receiver, when the card is not yet activated - will it pair to your, say, AZbox HD? I think, that is the Q!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goran View Post
    But if you put it into another receiver, when the card is not yet activated - will it pair to your, say, AZbox HD? I think, that is the Q!
    That is only the Q if you have don't understand what is pairing. Pairing = private keys + private pairing algo. Card have keys + pairing algo ... stb it use in must have compatible keys + pairing algo. Now the two, after establish they will talk encrypted during INIT, never return plain DWs more, communicating instead using a new extra layer of encryption using that shared algo + private keys.

Only provider own supplied stb have the pairing algo in it - not Azbox, not Dreambox, not any other stb. It the reason they supply own stbs ... the pairing algo supposed to be secret! If you could pair card to Azbox or any other stb now, it mean conax would have to have given all CAS7 secrets to every stb manufacturer who asked = same thing as making it public. Provider will require a unique identifier/serial for customer stb to send commands that make sure his unique card and his unique stb have compatible private keys after activation.

TechniCrypt cam offer alternative to small providers who don't want go trouble supplying all customer with cas7 approved stb. It contain pairing algo also ... but it developed, same as provider supplied stbs, under strict security. Without an stb or cam contain the secret pairing algo under license, card cannot be paired to it.

Non-licensed stb will only contain that algo when it dumped/disasmed and implemented after a hack of licensed stbs.
    Last edited by oblomov; 05-08-2009 at 04:33 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks again!

Yes, you can buy TechniCrypt cam from stores. I just did quick SE search for cam using a .pl search. Many Polish stores advertising this cam along with TNK card ... this maybe not so good for you, cos they don't mention 'N'. TNK card is not paired, as I say before. :=/

This cam have ability to do cas7 pairing, rather than end-user needing provider stb, but only if provider prepared to do this. So you need check, like I say before, with some dealer who sell the 'N' sub if TechniCrypt cam is supported or not. If not, provider stb will be needed for the card to work.
    I've already asked the dealer if n card is working on other receivers and he said that there's no information about it from n. The store even didn't sell any CI CAMs so I doubt they've even heard about Technicrypt Cam.

I need to ask them if I can transfer recordings from n recorder to my PC. That would be ok too.

All logs I looked at for 'N' came from provider stb. I don't remember what channels were for, but all of them that I look at were paired communication ... simplest of the two available. And card would not work outside its own box iirc.
    I've found a news saying that these channels worked on other boxes cause they've deactivated pairing.

The problem is that they've changed it again and it should not work anymore.

Thanks

Icon12

Not all pairings seem to be the same, then...

So, it seems to me you're jumping to conclusions...

I merely asked if it's possible in CAS7. So, the A is "no". Case closed.

Thanks
    Thanks again!

I've already asked the dealer if n card is working on other receivers and he said that there's no information about it from n. The store even didn't sell any CI CAMs so I doubt they've even heard about Technicrypt Cam.

I need to ask them if I can transfer recordings from n recorder to my PC. That would be ok too.

I've found a news saying that these channels worked on other boxes cause they've deactivated pairing.

The problem is that they've changed it again and it should not work anymore.
    Well, there hope for you maybe on some then ... if they switch off mandate pairing on ecm for some 'N' channels. ;=)

Not very good translation from Polish found for that page, but look like some legal wrangling about customer being force use 'N' stb. So maybe they pushing to be able use Technicrypt cam for the pairing, so not tied to provider stb only. That would be best news for you.

Thanks
    So, it seems to me you're jumping to conclusions...

I merely asked if it's possible in CAS7. So, the A is "no". Case closed.
    Got no idea what you're talking about on 'jumping to conclusions'. You asked if a non-activated card could be paired to an stb that doesn't contain or isn't licensed to contain CAS7 pairing algo. Was a bizarre question. I simply explain why it was so, and how pairing work ... cos you wouldn't ask a question like that if you knew. Now for better know next time I forget explanation and just answer 'no, it won't'. :=)

Not all pairings seem to be the same, then...
    There are two version available ... one more secure than other. But same result. Both require a licensed stb or cam that support the pairing algo.

Thanks

Icon3

Echhhhhhhhh....

I repeat: thew Q was about CAS7.

There are other types of marrying an OSC to a receiver/HW...

So, this is incorrect:

only the Q if you have don't understand what is pairing
    as it presumes only one type of pairing... In fact, you later stated there are at least two, yourslef.

Moreover, in other systems it's not the same as in Conax... Hence, my Q...

Thanx!

Thanks
    C/P

The "pairing" solution used by conax comes in 2 variants: soft and hard. The "soft" solution is used on older Set Top Boxes, whereas newer boxes (and CAMs) produced lately, include a hardware pairing module which is probably just a secure microcontroller, equivalent to the ones found on conax smartcards. This pairing module is probably loaded (at manufacturing time) with a "private" RSA key, and has a unique adressable serial number. The providers that uses pairing asks for the serial number of your CAM/STB when you apply for a subscription, and states that you will not get any tv-signals until they have recieved this serial number.

Thanks
    Well, there hope for you maybe on some then ... if they switch off mandate pairing on ecm for some 'N' channels. ;=)

Not very good translation from Polish found for that page, but look like some legal wrangling about customer being force use 'N' stb. So maybe they pushing to be able use Technicrypt cam for the pairing, so not tied to provider stb only. That would be best news for you.
    Well, I was at the store today and finally got my n subscription.
    I got the normal nbox, not the nbox recorder because you even can't transfer your recordings to PC so this thing is not useful to me.
    I have to say they are trying to make life hard and limit your rights and freedom of choice. But these are usual practices of many providers.
    It's really sad so many providers wants to tie you to their own boxes and you don't have the freedom and right to choose your favorite box to watch and record TV.

When I'm home again I can report if anything goes with the Azbox HD and if all channels are paired or if there are some left which aren't.
    Last edited by Maximus1; 06-08-2009 at 02:52 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast