Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: recording .ts streams

Thanks

recording .ts streams

anyone recorded .ts streams using usb tv tuner and composite connection? is it possible? or can .ts streams only be recorded if you have a pc satellite card??

Thanks
    .ts or .trp contains the data passed on to this file format. Composite video is a analog video signal, 2 different things.
    if usb tv tuner can play these streams or files and output this on the composite video, you can test this by connecting this video output (yellow cinch bus) to the video in of your TV set (yellow cinch bus) (red and white is the audio signal)
    if the TV signal has no Macrovision protection in it you would be able to record this with analog DVD recorder or VHS.
    The Technomate records these streams in .trp, there tools arround to convert these to .TS
    Last edited by Giga; 01-08-2009 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Technomate records these streams

Thanks
    i recorded an encrypted biss stream to my usb as .trp from my technomate. i tried using mpeg streamclip 1.2 to convert the file to .TS but gives the error no video or audio tracks. Im not sure which software will convert encrypted .trp streams. just found the h264ts_cutter program but when i convert the trp it gives exception error with the message unable to read beyond the end of the stream. It does not do that to unencrypted trp files.
    Last edited by red alert; 02-08-2009 at 12:35 AM.

Thanks
    TS-Doctor 0.98 beta
    Code:
    http://www.cypheros.de/dvb_e.html
    seems to work ok, it just labels the audio tracks as German, can also be used to stick the files together again to one .ts or .trp file (Tools: file merger)
    Cypheros TS-Doctor is designed recorded DVB transport stream to check for errors and, if possible, make it as compatible as it can to play it back without studdering or picture and sound delay.
    The program tries to change as little as possible in the original stream in order not to create additional incompatibilities. PAT and PMT be adjusted and non-existent PIDs deleted from the tables. The picture and sound streams will be analysed and displayed. Not needed streams will be deleted.
    The program has a detailed review of H264 and MPEG2 video streams, AC3 and E-AC3 audio streams through CRC check.

Support for Kathrein HD TRP streams!
    Correction of wrong video_full_range_flags (colorspace) in DVB streams!
    Visual cutting function for the begining and the end of the stream!
    Support for iCord HD M2TS and Technisat TS4 streams!
    New: Packet editor and stream filter tool
    Support for Comag SL 100 HD DVR streams!
    Last edited by Giga; 03-08-2009 at 10:25 AM. Reason: removed request to move, maybe is BISS talk afterall?

Thanks
    sorry wasnt sure where to post this and wanted to use with cwfinder thats why i posted here.

I used that software and it fails when it gets the the PMT scan stage with the message PMT invalid. When it asks if it should skip scrambled packages i press no.

i used raw cutter and cut the packet size and the size changed from 3 mb to 2 mb then it saved as .ts now cwfinder accepts it.
    Last edited by red alert; 02-08-2009 at 04:02 PM.

Thanks
    did try this on NGC HD & BBC HD stream, no problem, what channel did you record? If I have this channel open, could have a test and see if that one works or not. I do record on hard disc, could be that recording on usb stick is to slow, if you used usb memory stick?

Thanks
    im testing on scrmabled biss channels currently im trying to get Silemani tv open on 15 west. i also tried MGM channels on 10 east also in biss it records onto usb stick . but when i load it in ts doctor it wont go any further than PMT scan.
    but if i click on Raw Cutter then click ok then it allows me to save that as .ts and the cwfinder accepts it. is it acceptable to save as .ts using raw cutter?? or must it be done only through opening the .trp and going through the PMT scan and other scans it does??

Thanks
    sorry only have 8°W 1°W 28.2°E 23.5°E 19.2°E 13°E 4.8°E at my disposal.
    The recordings do they play back in the TM you recorded? If they playback there, they should be accessible?
    .trp on TM are not encrypted, i've upload a small sample from ngc hd:
    see if this one converts directly to .ts on your computer with tsdoctor?
    the link:
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/262976648/NGC_HD__11cba5d8.zip
    we can take take from there and see if we can figure it out?
    and if you can send me a small sample with the problem?
    you could PM the link if it is sensitive content. (cartoon, ...)
    have you tried FTA SD and FTA HD do you have the same problem or only on encrypted channels? only BISS? or others to.

Thanks
    well the problem is only with encrypted channels that my technomate doesnt clear. this is the same for any encrypted channel no matter the encryption. the encrypted channels i record cannot be played back in technomate or pc. I have no problem with fta channels. i was able to convert the file you sent with no probs. Here is the sample from 15 west

Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/263000942/SILEMANI___00c99019.zip.html

Thanks
    the message is the stream is scrambled. Did you record this with timer or was this a live recording? if b i s s changed in between, setting the timer event and the actual recording? b i s s is mostly verry short lived.
    I think, if you can see it on screen you can record it. Have not yet used the box for timed recordings. Problem with external powered USB hard disc not waking up after going in deep sleep. Later this week, I have a Freecom USB powered HD 250 GB comming in. Meanwhile, see if can do some tests and find a BISS opening on one of my sat locations. Let you know soon.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga View Post
    I think, if you can see it on screen you can record it. .......... Meanwhile, see if can do some tests and find a BISS opening on one of my sat locations.......
    Certainly ''if you can see it on screen you can record it'' is correct, an encryped BISS recording cannot, as far as I know, be decrypted after recording and or format converted to view.

Short encrypted .ts recordings are normally only taken and used for the purpose of using the various 'finder' tools etc, obviously well do***ented in the very long running thread in the BISS section of the forum.

An easily received and ideal test channel which has been running for years is:-

TET @ 4.8ºE..........11766 H 27500 3/4

To test and approve the various release 'finder' prog versions, recordings of .ts packets were made using the TET channel both in encrypted and unencrypted format. Originally we used the Dreambox 7000 for this and simply altered the channel key syntax in the employed emu, ie: newcamd, Camd3 etc. As known, the 'finder' progs can only be used to secure and hopefully 'find' the syntax from an encryped packet recording.

From memory I think that the TET channel runs permanently using the BISS encyption so is ideal for proving your thoughts/trials etc. Simply alter one value in the known syntax to revert it to an encrypted state.

¿Has anyone been able to decrypt and view a .ts recording made whilst encrypted?

Best wishes with this. Attachment 36208

Thanks
    the PMT error is (Program Map Table) prevents TSdoctor to process the recording.
    Code:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG_transport_stream
    D i g i F i l m records and can be converted from .trp to .ts with tsdoctor ( 5 min sd trp)
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/263164623/DigiFilm_1__120965e8_TRP.zip
    Strange thing with TET 4.8°E , Opens on TM6900HDSuper last patch. Can record and re-view recording on TM. with 8 2 8 0 no B I S S is off. when trying to access this recording TSDoctor gives the same PMT error.
    this one plays the TET recording on the computer:
    SUPER © v2009.build.36 (June 10, 2009)
    Code:
    http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
    and I supose lets you convert?
    Did not work with SILEMANI file.
    Last edited by Giga; 03-08-2009 at 10:16 AM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Some receivers based in st7xxx chipsets use TRP file extensions that are basically a TS file,but it only records the video and audio in it,no other pid.
    The missing pmt table prevent this file to be played by most players,as they cannot find the video and audio pids without the PMT.

Programs like TSremux rebuild the TS adding the pmt for this recordings,is probably what TSdoctor do also.

TRP is basically a TS,vantage receivers,for example also use this extension,but records the pmt.

Thanks
    must be more going on, then this: some streams have the PMT ok and it looks more this occurs with BISS and not with Nagra?

Thanks
    I assumed that using the "raw cutter" tool in TSdcotor would bypass the PMT scan. If the CWfinder accepts the Ts file made using the raw cutter doesnt that mean the trp file was converted successfully?? i recorded encrypted conax stream and that also stopped at PMT scan

Thanks
    how did you record encrypted conax stream i tried and won't record, also can you tell me a biss channel using ts i can recieve in south manchester please

Thanks
    there are many biss channels already open with technomate for example on 8 west fox news ..etc.. .trp is whats recorded by technomate and just want to convert it to .ts. check on lyngsat to see what biss encrypted channels there are. When imention conax i mean i recorded an encrypted conax channel using record TM.

Code:
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=69232
    Last edited by red alert; 03-08-2009 at 09:12 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    >If the CWfinder accepts the Ts file made using the raw cutter
    >doesnt that mean the trp file was converted successfully??

Sounds like it.
    You'd just want to make sure it's 100%.
    Otherwise you can search for months without finding anything.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_Man View Post
    Otherwise you can search for months without finding anything.
    Yes, or even years!

Not many here can remember that when you first started your famous:-

' Post your hashs here ' thread

nearly 3 years ago, your name then was Young_Man ***!!!

Seriously, thanks for the good work and input by yourself and others over the (nearly) 3 years. Attachment 36277

Hope all is well in your life.

Best wishes. Attachment 36276

Thanks
    The trp or ts file format output from Technomate receivers is dependant on the model. For example, I have a TM6900 Super and it records in trp file format, however, my TM5400 and TM5200 both record in ts file format.

I have used "ProjectX" to convert trp to ts file format and it works OK on the channels I have tried. However, I have not tried the conversion on an encrypted BISS trp recording.

Moving back to encrypted BISS transmissions, there is a nightly feed transmitted between 8:00PM and 10:00PM in what I think is BISS from 1W using 11500V 3200. How would I go about testing if it is BISS encryption and if it is how would I go about trying to get a key to view it ? My Manhattan XT-F indicates it is BISS but my TM6900 indicates encryption unknown

Thx for any help with 1W

Rgds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast