Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sat Tuning Problem.

Thanks

Sat Tuning Problem.

I wonder if any of you very helpful 8k experienced guys have any ideas on my sat positioning problems? I am using:

• Nabilo Pureflash + Barry Allen
    • Nabilo Blackhole (running)
    • CCcam 2.1.2

On Tuner ‘A’ (Motorised) the Sat positioning menu is almost unusable in as much as:

• 28e on a fixed Zone 2 dish shows 73% signal. The 7020 shows 92%.

• It only moves the dish to find a satellite when it wants to.

• Will only lock onto 28e (fixed dish Tuner ‘B’) and 13e (Motorised Tuner ‘A’) Will not lock onto 19e or 16e. Have not tried the rest up to 1w yet.

• Transponder details entered for satellite required defaults continuously to a non-existing transponder on19e.

• The manual transponder scan finds nothing even when locked on to a sat.

• The Automatic Scan will scan 13e first with only half the transponders scanned in, try to do19e next (Sat not stored yet as it wont lock on) and 28e last (not stored either as a static dish is installed on 28e (Tuner ‘B’).

• Blackhole boots up to a black/grey screen with ‘starting Enigma2’ message which sometimes just sits there until I manually select a channel which then works. Is this normal?

I am religiously following Oldfarts excellent sticky for instructions and settings including the bug re-boot sequence between sats.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks
    You'll have a problem if using cccam 2.1.2 as it don't work, and i'd try a re-load of your image
    as it seems to have locked up.
    Last edited by doubleudee; 28-07-2009 at 12:01 PM.

Thanks
    It would be great if it is a CCcam problem m8? The cam is working OK on what is tuned in but is a cam going to affect tuning? I will swap back to 2.1.1 when I get home.

dave

Thanks
    sorry - i meant it dont work with digitv

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleudee View Post
    You'll have a problem if using cccam 2.1.2 as it don't work, and i'd try a re-load of your image
    as it seems to have locked up.
    Done that anall m8 last weekend, if anyone would like the sequence for re-booting the 8k then I am your man.

I swear I have re-booted this 8k in the two weeks I have had it more times than the 7020 in 4 years.
    dave

Thanks
    I took BA off and just used nabilo to get mine working, I'll be trying BA sometime soon once I'm more conversed with the unit.

Thanks
    I think I will have to go right back to basics too so I think a clean flash and maybe just blackhole on if it will work like that. Have to wait for the W/E now though.

Still I would have thought sombody would have an idea what was wrong. Never mind, the place I got it from is trying to help so I will leave it to them.

Thanks for your help WD.

dave

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dave3dg View Post
    On Tuner ‘A’ (Motorised) the Sat positioning menu is almost unusable in as much as:
    * 28e on a fixed Zone 2 dish shows 73% signal. The 7020 shows 92%.
    I asked about this - the reply was - these boxes are not scientific instruments - the signal meter is only a guide.
    * It only moves the dish to find a satellite when it wants to.
    Have you got 'show dish movement' turned on in the options menu?

Transponder details entered for satellite required defaults continuously to a non-existing transponder on19e.
    Eh?? - does not make sense .. re-read what u wrote

The manual transponder scan finds nothing even when locked on to a sat.
    Which one?

The Automatic Scan will scan 13e first with only half the transponders scanned in, try to do19e next (Sat not stored yet as it wont lock on) and 28e last (not stored either as a static dish is installed on 28e (Tuner ‘B’).
    Don't use Automatic scan - use manual.

Blackhole boots up to a black/grey screen with ‘starting Enigma2’ message which sometimes just sits there until I manually select a channel which then works. Is this normal?
    Yes - quite nomal - if the DM can't see a channel. It defaults to the last channel it was on before re-boot.

I don't think the problems are image dependant - (maybe someone will correct me) - most of the 'base functions' of the DM are done by DreamBox code (DMM), which is the same for all images.

Thanks
    Have you updated your satellites.xml file
    you can do this from _http://satellites-xml.eu/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Have you updated your satellites.xml file
    you can do this from _http://satellites-xml.eu/
    Hi m8 I used the one off here but can you explain how to do so I can make sure I do it right?

dave

I have dowloaded the sats I require, can you tell me where it goes? There is one in var/etc.
    Last edited by dave3dg; 28-07-2009 at 09:12 PM.

Thanks
    I asked about this - the reply was - these boxes are not scientific instruments - the signal meter is only a guide.
    Thanks, I did read that.

Have you got 'show dish movement' turned on in the options menu?
    Yes.

Transponder details entered for satellite required defaults continuously to a non-existing transponder on19e

Select Sat and transponder required in Satfinder Menu. Go to positioner Setup and there is another transponder frequency and satellite selected. Cant tell you what it is now as the Positioner Setup is corrupted and locked up. Enigma2 re-boot required.

Which one?
    Any Satellite

Don't use Automatic scan - use manual.
    Can't use manual it finds nothing at all

Yes - quite nomal - if the DM can't see a channel. It defaults to the last channel it was on before re-boot.

I don't think the problems are image dependant - (maybe someone will correct me) - most of the 'base functions' of the DM are done by DreamBox code (DMM), which is the same for all images.
    So is that corrupted on mine?

Thanks
    re:- satellites .xml
    dunno if there is a 'right' way, just select the satellites u want, download, put into etc/tuxbox and probably re-boot.
    If u scan & find some channels, then the DM is working, its now either your dish needs some attention - or u can't get all the channels anyway.

Thanks
    I gave up with the 'issues' with nabilo images and switched to OoZoon. Bit more involved (not many buttons) but more things work. Not using BA anymore!

Thanks
    dunno if there is a 'right' way, just select the satellites u want, download, put into etc/tuxbox and probably re-boot.
    If u sacn & find some channels, then the DM is working, its now either your dish needs some attention - or u can't get all the channels anyway.
    The 7020 is doing it all on the same 100cm dish m8. I will do the sat file now.

thanks,

dave

Thanks
    Goin to bed before I bounce the crock o sh1te down the drive.
    It's goin back!

Thanks
    Just bare with it, I personally would not just download and replace the satellite.xml file, I would download and edit the one you have with the new frequency's.
    But it seems that yours is playing up, have you tried the ones uploaded by kiliantv?

Thanks
    see the file in the public uploads section
    E2 satellites.xml
    updated by Reinh@rd 27.07.2009

Thanks
    @ Quailman:

'But it seems that yours is playing up, have you tried the ones uploaded by kiliantv?'

Yes m8, that is the first one I tried which I thought that I had wrongly put it into var/etc where the cfg goes. So I have downloaded the new file which Oldfart put me on to and put that one into etc/tuxbox. I then deleted the kiliantv file and tried to manual download.

28e on Tuner 'B' static dish downloaded twice : seemed to tune in but nothing at all.
    13e the only motorised sat stored comes up with approx half of the available transponders.

As I have changed the satellites file that must mean that the 8k must be getting information from elsewhere? Is there a satellite positions file built in the box?

@ Oldfart:

'see the file in the public uploads section E2 satellites.xml
    updated by Reinh@rd 27.07.2009'

I will try that as a last resort before I clean the flash out and just try it with blackhole or Oozoon. What is concerning me is the panel distortion and locking up of the Sat Positioner menu making it impossible to lock on to a sat. Two or three re-boots to get it useable.

I am quite green on these satellite .xml files as I used to manuall update the transponders (Transponder Edit) with the 7020 but it seems that is no longer possible on the 8k.

Thanks for your help m8's,

dave.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,275 Times in 3,592 Posts
    the locking up is a major problem with nabilosat m8,at least in my experience.
    the problem seems to occur when you select a channel that no longer exists or in your case,not tuned into the correct parameters,and so the tuner recieves no signal.if you at this point try to enter the menus and move the dish,the box locks up.it does my fooking head in!

so,make sure before you try to manually move your dish that you are locked onto a signal first of all.everything is ok when you do it that way.ian

Thanks
    Can I just ask is this a problem strait after flashing or did you edit something and it stopped working?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast