Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iplayer / itv player / 4od player etc...?

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 845 Posts

iplayer / itv player / 4od player etc...?

will it ever be possible to play these program streams the same way as youtube streams or will the m$ drm prevent this from ever happening on this box?

Mildly Important Nymph :D goran's Avatar
    Thanks

Icon6

Search function might help...

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3tv View Post
    will it ever be possible to play these program streams the same way as youtube streams or will the m$ drm prevent this from ever happening on this box?
    I think streaming stuff which is normally flash media shouldn't be a problem.

DRM,

SMP8630 Series
    Secure Media Processors

The SMP8630 family provides highly-integrated solutions for products requiring high-definition MPEG-4.10 (H.264), SMPTE 421M (VC-1), WMV9, MPEG-4.2 and MPEG-2 decoding. The Secure Media Processor architecture offers advanced content protection, supporting a wide variety of Digital Rights Management (DRM) and Conditional Access (CA) solutions.

Incorporating flexible, advanced audio/video processing, the SMP8630 family enables cost-effective solutions for consumer products such as digital media adapters, IPTV set-top boxes, Blu-ray players/recorders, and HDTVs.

So hopefully this includes WMV DRM too.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goran View Post
    Search function might help...
    search function only found stuff related to using vlc which im not interested in

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DJBlu View Post

DRM,

SMP8630 Series
    Secure Media Processors

The SMP8630 family provides highly-integrated solutions for products requiring high-definition MPEG-4.10 (H.264), SMPTE 421M (VC-1), WMV9, MPEG-4.2 and MPEG-2 decoding. The Secure Media Processor architecture offers advanced content protection, supporting a wide variety of Digital Rights Management (DRM) and Conditional Access (CA) solutions.

Incorporating flexible, advanced audio/video processing, the SMP8630 family enables cost-effective solutions for consumer products such as digital media adapters, IPTV set-top boxes, Blu-ray players/recorders, and HDTVs.

fingers crossed

Thanks

DRM,

SMP8630 Series
    Secure Media Processors

flash media wont work, only reason youtube works is because they have h264 streams (why it works on iphone which doesnt support flash).

Best to look at plugins for popcornhour to see whats possible on the azbox. Dont think i saw any iplayer type plugin mentioned on the networkmediatank forums anyways.

But as iplayer works with the iphone i think, then it should be possible if anybody from the uk develops one. As nobody outside uk is going to have any interest since they cant view it.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    surly each country has there equivelent of iplayer etc? so its just a matter of connecting to your local stations web content

Thanks
    they might have streaming video, but the sites would be totally different and how you would get the streams. I cant see any non-uk person slaving over trying to get iplayer working and vice versa a uk person trying to get streaming german tv working.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moontan View Post
    they might have streaming video, but the sites would be totally different and how you would get the streams. I cant see any non-uk person slaving over trying to get iplayer working and vice versa a uk person trying to get streaming german tv working.
    Never mind i player ect mate, what about you****, redtube et el. Here we share a universal common ground in the appreciation of the female form!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nobbystyles View Post
    Never mind i player ect mate, what about you****, redtube et el. Here we share a universal common ground in the appreciation of the female form!
    True, lives€x also have nice videos.

Thanks
    you Dirty Bus****ds LOL

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I seem to remember iPlayer switching from wmv to flash encryption scheme, since the wmv was decodable... 4od uses wmv... To use these DRM's I think we need kernal support or even bootloader support, from Sigma Designs, it might already be there, maybe there is even AACS and BD+, but I don't think so. Popcorn Hour don't have this support... But it could come in plugin format...

Thanks
    The SIGMA chip in the Azbox HD, the SMP8634 have Macrovision.
    The popcorn uses the the SMP8635 wich doesn't have Macrovision.
    This is only the difference between the SMP8634 and the SMP8635.

Macrovision is a license for many types of DRM and proprietary codecs.
    _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macrovision

V.I.P
    Thanks
    You will be pleased to know that I have started work on an IPlayer and ITV Player plugin.

This will take some time as I am learning as well.

Hopefully I will be able to get it working.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    You will be pleased to know that I have started work on an IPlayer and ITV Player plugin.

This will take some time as I am learning as well.

Hopefully I will be able to get it working.

good luck, you should enter it into the azbox comp and bag some free box's

Thanks
    opensat has deep pockets short hands dude
    it's not easy to get free box
    almost all dev. Groups are upset to them lol

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iko View Post
    opensat has deep pockets short hands dude
    it's not easy to get free box
    almost all dev. Groups are upset to them lol
    You really are a pita bread.

I do not program for personal gain. I program to make my life and other lives easier.

What is the point of throwing teddies out of the cot? Just because you haven't got CCC yet.

Thanks
    @DJBlu your work and efforts are appriciated by the many please dont let the few idiots put you off

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper View Post
    @DJBlu your work and efforts are appriciated by the many please dont let the few idiots put you off
    I think it spurs me on a little more

Mildly Important Nymph :D goran's Avatar
    Thanks

Icon3

The problem with releasing more tools for developers, I was told by one of them who was at Anga Cable show in Cologne, is that it takes time [to make them] from working on a stable FW 1.0, which should be the priority at this point [and which is going to be out by the end of July, hopefully...].

See, the main sticking points are [if memory serves, as so much was being said]:

1) Waiting for Sigma drivers/programmers, who are way too slow in reacting to requests/feedback...

2) Pressure from us, taking them away from doing the stable FW, into doing whatever we request/pressure them into doing...

3) Trying not to give too much away [drivers etc.] not to fall victim to cloning, at least not too early [the need for return of investment is necessary, of course]...

But, as I told you, they obviously are listening and trying...

Objectively, no one could do much more, it seems to me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast