Thread: Warning Firmware 0.9.1473: too buggy to be used

Thanks

Warning Firmware 0.9.1473: too buggy to be used

[17th March 2009: I test it again and it works! Sorry, I was using a corrupted image!]

Hello,

I am sorry to tell you not to test this 0.9.1473 version it is so buggy that no emulator is working anymore (Mbox and Incubus are broken for Seca/Mediaguard/Viaccess (I don't test other)). They are still running but nothing happens!

Only MultiCAS is still working with it!

For people willing to test soft CAM please test with 0.9.1387.

I spend many hours on 0.9.1473 trying to find why my config no longer works, I am finally downgrading to 0.9.1473 I hope I will retrieve my system has before... I was so happy with 0.9.1387.

For people stating that it works, please perform a reset to factory default and try to setup again your emulator and tell me the result! I even try to re-install the One_StepEmu package (OpenXCAS).

Pr2
    Last edited by pr2; 17-03-2009 at 09:28 PM.

Thanks
    Does not tune channels HD, freq. 11731 V 29000 3/4, DVB-S2 8psk, of the TVCabo.

I ask solution of this bug!

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Its Beta, like all other Firmware, so Betastatus will say, there could be Bugs.

But AZHD is a complete big Bug with any Software. There are so many Things which wont work or not there, so dont wonder.
    Maybe in a Year or two, if the Box is still on Market you can buy it.

If you buy it now, you must live with a lot of Things, which wont work, but these Things are Standard on any other Boxes.

Developes tell about new Sigmadrivers, they told for the very last Version bevor 1473, but still not there.
    TV Picture is like one of Tvs from the 80th Years, bad with big Macroblocks, unuseable. No RGB there, no quality, badest Menues i have ever seen, Picture is bader then a Playstation1
    No second tuner, no DVBC, no real CS, flickering Menues, crashing on recording on some Ways complete Soft is crashing.

But anyway, they work on it and maybe they will find an acceptable Result in the late 2009
    I have given back my Premium, because the Time is not worth to play with this unready Things.
    I will have a look on it, but I have no Hope, that the Box will be better in next 2 Month.

My Friend has a Dream 8000, there are Things working fine, no Problems with Picture or recording, but also a much bigger Price.
    Box taken, Cables on it, some configure for an Hour, and all Things running fine, streaming, best Picture, recording also from 4 Tuners, real CS, no Problems with HDDs, fine Menues, most Plugins are all there.

there are LIGHTYEARS between an DM and AZHD, also in Price.
    But better give some Dollars more, and have a lot of Nerves more for other Things.
    This Box was a Nightmare for me in 2009

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgg View Post
    Does not tune channels HD, freq. 11731 V 29000 3/4, DVB-S2 8psk, of the TVCabo.

I ask solution of this bug!
    For HD channel simply select Advanced scan, select the TP and set manually the FEC.

With this firmware the FEC autodetect doesn't work on HD channel, simply fix it and you will get it.

To find FEC value simply check it on Lyngsat website.

Pr2

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hanswurscht View Post
    Its Beta, like all other Firmware, so Betastatus will say, there could be Bugs.

But AZHD is a complete big Bug with any Software. There are so many Things which wont work or not there, so dont wonder.
    Maybe in a Year or two, if the Box is still on Market you can buy it.

If you buy it now, you must live with a lot of Things, which wont work, but these Things are Standard on any other Boxes.

Developes tell about new Sigmadrivers, they told for the very last Version bevor 1473, but still not there.
    TV Picture is like one of Tvs from the 80th Years, bad with big Macroblocks, unuseable. No RGB there, no quality, badest Menues i have ever seen, Picture is bader then a Playstation1
    No second tuner, no DVBC, no real CS, flickering Menues, crashing on recording on some Ways complete Soft is crashing.

But anyway, they work on it and maybe they will find an acceptable Result in the late 2009
    I have given back my Premium, because the Time is not worth to play with this unready Things.
    I will have a look on it, but I have no Hope, that the Box will be better in next 2 Month.

My Friend has a Dream 8000, there are Things working fine, no Problems with Picture or recording, but also a much bigger Price.
    Box taken, Cables on it, some configure for an Hour, and all Things running fine, streaming, best Picture, recording also from 4 Tuners, real CS, no Problems with HDDs, fine Menues, most Plugins are all there.

there are LIGHTYEARS between an DM and AZHD, also in Price.
    But better give some Dollars more, and have a lot of Nerves more for other Things.
    This Box was a Nightmare for me in 2009
    Hello,

From the beginning it is clear that firmware is still in béta stage.

Indeed it is not perfect, but it is already usable and I very happy with my Elite box.
    If you have the money for it purchase a Reelbox AvantGarde or a Dreambox 8000, personally I don't have it.

Developpers are working hard on it and will release the first real public version by the end of june 2009.

Azbox is a great box and not a toaster like DM800 is. DM800 has not even HDMI connector, just a DVI to HDMI convertor cable. A stupid DVD player at 30€ has a HDMI interface!

Be honest compare the features and the prices of the different boxes and you get a lot for your money... you are complaining for RGB but the goal of this box is to be connected via a HDMI interface. I connect myself the Azbox HD via Scart and the image is beautifull. I don't have any block has stated in your mail, please check your antenna alignment.

The box is far from being a nightmare it works, of course has every Linux based STB if it is your first one you will find it hard to manage but it is not. Community will grow around this box, and this forum is a good place to ask question and find answer.

Fell free to describe here all the bugs you already found in the Azbox HD. This will help developpers to fix them.

I already describe to Azbox the problem I encountered with the firmware 0.9.1473 and they are trying to reproduce it.

This firmware works if you don't use reset to factory default settings, so they are looking at what is broken doing this.

Regards,

Pr2
    Last edited by pr2; 15-03-2009 at 08:36 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hanswurscht View Post
    New Driver will be out very soon (10 days ±)

Thanks
    I totally agree with Pr2.
    If you want a box that is proven to be working then dont buy a box that is still in beta stage.
    That said I personally have not found any major bugs that have stopped me using the box, infact as a media player its the best I have ever used.
    As the updates come out the box will become better.

Yoda

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Then you have not searched for Bugs

Or will you tell, that Picture is good? also in Menues?
    You never had complete Crashes in recording?
    Take some USB Hardware on AZ, nothing will work because no Drivers there.
    Flickering in Menues, sometimes very heavy

and so on and so on.
    And yes Price from DM is too high, but my Nerves are more expensive.

New Update, new Bugs, every Firmware is coming out, equal if Multicas or Core process or other Things, so dont say, all is good, and if you are honest you know better.

Thanks
    Hello,

I have to correct my post here, firmware 0.9.1473 is working fine!

I just download a corrupted image that makes me lost my time with testing.

Now I use a brand new download and everything works!

So please Azbox people test this firmware 0.9.1473.

Pr2

Thanks
    Im using it here to and find it very stable, also incubusCamd works fine, some people think that its not working with this firmware.

Yoda

Thanks
    this latest version is stable , i flash it after that factory reset and is ok .
    i have look 3 bug :

1- TV chennel / Antenna setup / positionner setup /diseqc 1.2 / (when I seek the satellite indicator shows nothing, you can not see the signal is 0) .

2- TV chennel / Antenna setup / (satellite nilesat 7 ° w that it does not.)

3- Audio-Video / RF Channel Number / (when you change RF the display of the indicator is displayed and does not disappear, unless you reboot the réceiver).

Thanks
    Code:
    3- Audio-Video / RF Channel Number / (when you change RF the display of the indicator is displayed and does not disappear, unless you reboot the réceiver).
    push RF Channel Number 2x - exit

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by medmed View Post
    this latest version is stable , i flash it after that factory reset and is ok .
    i have look 3 bug :

1- TV chennel / Antenna setup / positionner setup /diseqc 1.2 / (when I seek the satellite indicator shows nothing, you can not see the signal is 0) .
    Same hear....i was using my 1.2 positioner and no signal....can not set it up ......please fix it guys.......sorry for my request i know,you must be working overtime with all the problems and BUGs you have to solve for us newbees....lol

Thanks
    push RF Channel Number 2x - exit
    The UHF key on the remote also toggles the display on/off

When its on screen then up / down alters the number, then just press the uhf key again to exit.

Thanks
    for RF problem are ok thank you for all .

noviserbia : used to troubleshoot USAL mode, it works very well, you do enter the longitude and latitude and choose your satellite, after it when it gives you the position switches to disqc 1.2 and record the position, if the weak signal and you can do left or right to increase the signal.