Thread: tf7710hd prv

Thanks

tf7710hd prv

morning all, friend has above receiver and after installation despite a few teething problems all seems ok bar a little snag or two on thor re the digitv package, i had a go and managed to pull in that tp and bingo i had good signal strength and quality, however after switching elsewhere the signal was lost again although channel still there on list, i notice T1 & T2 tuners i assume for Hd? i have noticed in install dvb dvbqs not sure on these?? are we doing something wrong on scan, i have pressed go to and nudged up to 60 east n west but can`t seem to get that signal which i have had??? last night we had canal+ all good signal & quality but nothing on digitv, a bit frustrating but sure nothing to drastic. cheers

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Did you save the position you had when you originally got it ? Also I know the signal strength varies from one day to the next so it could just be that.

Thanks
    T1 and T2 are the two tuners, if you only have one feed it's difficult to get the best out of this box (you loop LNB1 out to LNB2 in on the back assuming you connected the feed to LNB 1 in. This means you can only watch a channel from the same frequency range (high/Low) and the same alignment (vert/horiz) whichever tuner you use. When you are happy with channels listed on T1 you can copy them all to T2 with the same settings Diseqc/ Usals.
    Incidently if your motorised using USALS the box is supposed to memorize the fine tune adjustments when you exit that screen in Istallation - there is no save function seperately.
    Jem
    Last edited by developers; 20-03-2009 at 04:58 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtell View Post
    morning all, friend has above receiver and after installation despite a few teething problems all seems ok bar a little snag or two on thor re the digitv package, i had a go and managed to pull in that tp and bingo i had good signal strength and quality, however after switching elsewhere the signal was lost again although channel still there on list, i notice T1 & T2 tuners i assume for Hd? i have noticed in install dvb dvbqs not sure on these?? are we doing something wrong on scan, i have pressed go to and nudged up to 60 east n west but can`t seem to get that signal which i have had??? last night we had canal+ all good signal & quality but nothing on digitv, a bit frustrating but sure nothing to drastic. cheers
    just to report on this box for reference, we changed the lnb setting and got a full signal on digitv & also canal+ whereas b4 that a different lnb setting only pulled in canal+, still finding it hard though to add a satellite without losing a previously stored one ie thor,would not go back to it after trying for 8west? only radio stations came in on scan?? will keep trying and learning.

Thanks
    hi, seem to be having a few problems with above receiver, just wanted to add astra1 found good signal added some active tp,s but on scan receiver turned itself off at least 5 times re attemps to pull in channels?? when it rebooted itself it went back to hotbird the nearest sat i nudged from to try to intall astra1, any ideas please seems getting hot maybe,

Thanks
    Mmm,that's strange m8 shouldn't turn itself off]..find a working transponder on astra 1 go to sat/tp menu there you will find the menu to add and save transponders and sats schroll down past add sats and delete sats to save press ok and that should store the position .. then you can go back and do a sat search.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by terry l View Post
    Mmm,that's strange m8 shouldn't turn itself off]..find a working transponder on astra 1 go to sat/tp menu there you will find the menu to add and save transponders and sats schroll down past add sats and delete sats to save press ok and that should store the position .. then you can go back and do a sat search.
    no go terry!! new receiver as well, this hd box is pretty slow also.

Thanks
    Well m8, i dont know the answer to that!!..at the moment i'm using a toppy 7710 with a dual lnb[so dont use the loopthrough]..so could it be a problem with the tuner setting's?[1/2]..What firmware have you got on your toppy?.[i think you should download it from the topfield koria site]..The topfieds do run hot [well with the diablo cam in they do]..So let's start again you can get the dish pointing at astra?..you can add and store a working transponder [eg dvb s etc]?..you can do a manual search on that transponder, [showing the green quality bar]?..you can,then do a service search using the same transponder that youve stored?..I think there must be some kind soul on here that can help you..[i'm crappy at explaining lol]..I think the toppy has g8 picture quality but a bugger to set up!![i know i had three installer's try and each time they left it went wrong]..Good luck mate.
    regard's
    terry.

Thanks
    Hi,

I've just got a 7710HDPVR, I'm happy with it except for two things, the remote is slow to repond, and it seems to struggle with Single channels, for instance Top Music Channel on W2 16E (12520V 2156 2/3) - it locks eventually sometimes, but can take about 2 minutes ! - if you then change channels it then can take another two minutes for it to come back in again on that channel.

My old Echostar took just a few seconds, I'm using the latest firmware from the i-topfield site.

Is this usual for these receivers, packages of channels are fine, but these single ones really seem to make it struggle, whereas an Echostar using the same setup finds them easily.

cheers

Thanks
    hi sorry for delay lads. i did a factory reset and all ok apart from losing digi tv on thor even with the known tp in there??? and pulling in everything bar that really strange will have to have a nudge as it may be a weaker tp, agree remote is very slow to respond but as tf say its not actually a proven receiver yet suppose released new firm may iron out bugs etc, at least up and running on the arc from 42e to 30w but still have to find hd stuff on 28e and diablo stuff if any?
    i also may have filled buffer hence receiver switching off on scan of maybe one to many satellites re astra1 example

Thanks
    m8,sorry for the late reply also, you wont get digi on thor because digi is on INTEL 10-02 so try a search on that sat.. [0.8 degree 1 degree].. the sat's are so close it can be confusing [in more way's then one]..

regard's

terry.