Thread: Scanning for new channels

V.I.P
    Thanks

Scanning for new channels

Hi guys.

Decided to have a scan of a satellite after updating my satellites.xml, and having updated the xml, have noticed that on scanning it seems to take forever to scan some satellites. An example, on 45E, the first transponder in the xml file is 11451H/3254/7/8. Looking an *********s, I noticed that this transponder is not included in the list, and on the screen it's showing the "satellite moving" blinking icon. So I guess basically it cannot find anything on here. But it seems to be stuck on there for ages, not moving at all...

Is there any way of getting the dm800 to just ignore this transponder after say 60 seconds or something? As it's be annoying to have to manually scan all transponders...

Many thanks. Surely there's got to be a setting I can change in here somewhere?!

V.I.P
    Thanks
    No-one else had same prob?

Thanks
    i think most of us are too lazy and use the settings that sonic1 posts.
    i only ever scan when i am after a feed.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Well, I did use a setting posted ages ago, and changed it to my own layout which I preferred...

However, now I wanted to start again to get the settings how I wanted perfectly... But I'm now stuck at searching with this problem...

Will try leaving it overnight and see how things go...

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Nope, left it running over night, and it was stuck at the same point as it was when I left it, about 10 hours or so ago...

There must be a setting somewhere. I remember reading a thread similar on a forum somewhere, but can't remember which forum, and how long ago...

Thanks
    sounds to me like your sat.xml file is corrupted, if it was me mate i'd import a new lot (updated) of settings files, install them and then edit them to your taste.

regards: canthackit

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I have had difficulty now I mean looking for a new satellite for example, in Gemini I use to use Positioner Setup and when you move the dish left and right, the bars use to go up and down based on the signal, but it dosen't with Nabilo, however I've not tried it with the new driver updates yet, so maybe this isn't a problem anymore.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by canthackit View Post
    sounds to me like your sat.xml file is corrupted, if it was me mate i'd import a new lot (updated) of settings files, install them and then edit them to your taste.

regards: canthackit
    Have updated the xml file from the satellites-xml.eu website, so surely this isn't corrupt. What it appears, is that the transponder in that xml file is no longer transmitting, and instead of the dreambox trying the next transponder, it sits there trying to get a signal...