Thread: Cube revo 3000HD connection problem

Thanks

Cube revo 3000HD connection problem

Hi,

I've just got a Cube revo 3000HD. I'm not a newbie to satellite having had a number of receivers since the 80s (Nokia Dbox, Humax, Praxis, Technomate etc) but I am a newbie to this type of linux receiver.

I have the box working with the official software and can watch TV with no problem across the arc. However my problem is with getting it to connect to a PC. I thought before venturing to connect with the net I'd try to get it to "talk" to a PC (not connected to internet). I've downloaded flash tools and installed on PC but upon connecting with USB I just get USB Upgrade followed by error message 10. The PC does not detect the new device and hence USB driver install doesn't happen. the box does the USB upgrade msg followed by error 10 within fractions of a second. PC has XP SP3 and does not have any problems detecting any other USB devices. it did cross my mind that PC has USB2. Is that an issue?

I've also tried connecting PC to the Cube revo using total commander 7.04a with no sucess. I'm using a RJ45 cross over cable. I had previously connected Cube revo to the internet to obtain it's IP address. I'm putting that into the connect to FTP server new connection box. I assume user name is "root", have tried "ipbox", "relook" and "cube revo"as passwords with no luck. Is password for 3000 something else?

I haven't tried using a USB stick yet. I'm very concious from seeing posts on net of people who have tried flashing and hasve screwed up their boxes so i'm trying to be as cautious as I can!

Any assistance would be humnbly and gratfully received.
    Thanks in advance,
    Phil

Thanks
    google for ******** regards john

Thanks
    Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,180 Posts
    I presume u want to talk to pc so u can transfer (FTP) files across to box

I use DCC program & box is connected to pc via a cat 5 cable -the program will tell u if its connected ok or if password is incorrect for software you are using

Check your box internet ip addy in case the one its automatically allocated clashes with another ip addy in your home, use static ip rather than DCHP

Under menu, advanced set up,ip set up, amend & submit to save new settings

I had to manually search for the driver to install the flashtools software, there are some how to's...on this site

Try connecting usb lead to another usb port on your pc

I would leave using usb stick until your upto speed-Once you get used to it you will find its a piece of cake