Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mti AP8-T2NRC vs digiquest

Thanks

Icon14 Lnb

Quote Originally Posted by red alert View Post
    just tested the technomate and sharp 0.3. On 7 west and 26 east the sharp performed better. i tested on channels only with weak signals. I had tested on V polaizaton channels. overall there was about 5% signal quality difference between technomate 0.2 and sharp 0.3. I have therefore kept the 0.3 sharp on the dish. i am able to get 24 hour veiwable channels on nilesat v channels using the sharp on 1.2 m dish. Also with the sharp i am able to get the Fox series channel on nilesat, which i wasnt able to get clear using the digiquest.

regards
    Well thanx for all your trouble M8 - hadnt tested Sharp against Technomate like you, but against the much vaunted MTI - see thread title - but like me (and Satpaul) you also found the Sharp came out tops!:respect-055:

Thanks
    yes m8 the sharp lnb seems to come out tops for now. The signal remains strong on weak channels. i havt tested all the satelites as i dont have the time. Unless a lnb is produced that can outrun it, but i doubt it. However i beleive the mti is still a good quality lnb also. i think the next time ill purchase another lnb is if a wireless lnb is ever produced, although in theory it can be possible.

Thanks

Question Wireless LNB

Thats an interesting thought M8 - wonder how inclement weather or other interference from cordless phones, etc might affect wireless LNBs though?

Thanks
    thats true there will be interference as most of the high frequency ranges are taken by phones , bluetooth and wifi... etc. Id love to see that work but then how would the lnb send the data to the receiver and how would we send power to the lnb. if it could transmit over wifi would be nice.

Thanks
    I wish I had read this post before purchasing the expensive MTI. I thought from all the hype that it would do better than my Technosat .02 lnb. It is not a patch on it. The MTI was very quirky giving a strong signal quality on some tps yet terrible on others.

Some signals that I got 82-84% on my TM6900 went down to 66% where others remained the same.

I thought it was a skew problem or distance in/out on the bracket, but nothing seemed to improve it. I was thinking it must have been faulty and was considering sending it back, but after reading this post it looks like MTI is an expensive bit of cr@p.

Thanks
    I wish i also just bought one lnb instead of 4. Well i bought 4 lnb's and out of the 4 i found the sharp 0.3 to have better results. The mti lnb is good it has high conversion gain. For me the problem with the mti was the distance in and out of the bracket and because of that i couldnt get signal on some tp, especialy on 26 east. Apart from that its a fine lnb. But im sure for others with different dish setups the mti works great. The sharp has a smaller design and so works well on my dish. Its also good in bad weather as the signal atenuation is less. Ive tested mostly on weak chanels on 7 west and get as high as 100% signal quality on the frequency 11862 v at its strongest point in the evening, on a good day. i couldnt get this with other lnb's i tried which was the digiquest and technomate 0.2. if i was to put the lnb's in order of which has better quality in my opinion it will be:

sharp
    mti
    technomate
    digiquest

but im sure other people will think different

Thanks
    Can I just check with the Sharp LNB owners - Is that the standard 0.3db low noise universal LNB or the Ulta low noise White case range which you say you get best results with?

Thanks
    It is the white case range the model number is BS1R6EL100W. Thats the lnb thats worked best for me.

Thanks

Icon14 White case

Quote Originally Posted by red alert View Post
    It is the white case range the model number is BS1R6EL100W. Thats the lnb thats worked best for me.
    Think that must be same as mine - but as its fixed on now, I cant really disturb it - but it IS all white plastic Sharp!:respect-050:

Thanks

Icon14

Many thanks. Just ordered one and hope it does the trick!:king-041:

Thanks

Icon14 Wrong

Well I personally dont think you'll go far wrong with the Sharpe M8, as I also tried the MTI after all the various glowing reports about it (cost ME about £22 for the priviledge) so only too glad I already had the Sharp anyway to go back to!
    Good luck!:cup-006:

Thanks
    I got 2 Sharp BS1R8EL 100W and i did allready have 2 MTI AP8-T2NRC.
    I did a test with those 4 LNB on my 125 gilbertini dish,on BBC1 London Astra28East 10773H pid6301.This have a very low signal here in Denmark.
    I don't know why getting so different results.
    But i found both the 2 MTI giving 3-5% higher signal then the sharp.
    So if not going for a few % higher signal,so go for the sharp.
    That,s my result.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Anyone using the Megasat 0.1db on weak channels in Europe?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12