Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has Anyone Ever Cracked A BISS Key ?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1234 View Post
    I find this thread informative. I am curious as to how biss keys are cracked. My knowledge is weak but I understand that you examine the encrypted data stream from the satellite using a software program that "finds" the key in this data, how long does this process normally take ?

Any info appreciated thanks dave1234
    Here's what you need to get going.

Hardware.
    Powerful computer. Suggest quad core 3GHz or better. Good Nvidia graphics card. PC tuner card to record transport stream. Dedicated Hard drive, 2TB is good.

Software.
    CSA Rainbow Table tool by Colibri.

Start by making the chains (tables). This could take many weeks of non stop computer running. It's about 1.2TB file size. (Once you have your chains, the next time there is a key change, it will just take minutes to find the keys).
    Then record your stream and begin the search.

I'm no expert, but since I lost my TV channels I started investigating.

Thanks
    i know this is an old thread, but is this still the norm when trying to obtain a BISS KEY ?

rainbow website looks old, and there isn't a how to....i.e how do you make the chain tables for starters?

modern pcs with 8 cores and 16 threads (Ryzen 3800x for example) should make light work of this stuff no?
    Last edited by ManikM; 02-02-2021 at 08:30 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,249 Times in 2,030 Posts
    Depends V1 Table key search is about 4-6 mins
    V2 Table is under 45secs BIG Difference
    you could try something like FreeCam DVBFinder from google playstore and run it via NOX Android PC
    Code:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dvbfinder.freecam&hl=en_IE&gl=US
    But you still need to record Your .TS File and Get a Crypt8 regardless of anything,
    once you have valid Crypt8 you can copy/paste it to FreeCam DVBFinder and it will find the KEY in around 2-3mins max
    sometimes instantly , or you can d/load TSDec and use a really good CWL file where it will find the CW Key and decrypt your recording at the same time there is several tools you can try without the need for d/loading Rainbow tables
    good luck : )

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney For This Useful Post:

3tv (03-02-2021), ManikM (03-02-2021)

Thanks
    V1 search is between 2 and 3 minutes for me.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dog-man For This Useful Post:

Barney (03-02-2021), ManikM (03-02-2021)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 845 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ManikM View Post
    i know this is an old thread, but is this still the norm when trying to obtain a BISS KEY ?

rainbow website looks old, and there isn't a how to....i.e how do you make the chain tables for starters?

modern pcs with 8 cores and 16 threads (Ryzen 3800x for example) should make light work of this stuff no?
    back at the end of 2011 when Colibri released the first rainbow table tool, a bunch of use got together to create the chains required for the then 00 table. The gtx 5xx series was king back then and would heat a medium sized room when creating chains
    took a dozen of us about a month to create enough chains for a decent 300gb+ table. This was fine for feeds that were mpeg2 or had a Dolby-E audio stream. Colibri updated the v1 to include diffrent plain types, H264 feeds used FF and 03 plain types which required tables creating for those also. Once tables were created for those just about all feeds could be opened within a few minutes if you had you tables on SSD's

Didnt matter about your cpu performance, rbt used your cuda gpu to do the crunching.

quailty dvbs2 feeds are few and far between these days compared to 10 years ago so dont go waisting $$$ on hardware. The EBU are migrating to BISS v2 which will make what little feeds they still have using dvbs2 redundant.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 3tv For This Useful Post:

Barney (03-02-2021), manic01 (03-02-2021), ManikM (03-02-2021), Nikkas (03-02-2021), sonic1 (03-02-2021)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12