Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to flash your DBox - the info, the lot!

Mildly Important Nymph :D goran's Avatar
    Thanks

Icon12

I forgot:

ADDITIONAL SETTINGS/ADJUSTEMENTS:

Remote control unit [RCU] -> press d-box button -> Setup -> Expert Setup -> Communication Setup -> tick/choose DHCP -> Save -> Reboot and when it reboots your DBox2 should be on the net, automatically getting an IP address. Go to it, then, once again and write it down, you will need it later on!

Depending on the firm that made your DBox2 you can do various things now: for your Remote Control you can choose different lay-outs -> I use Classic (Neutrino_3)version -> Save. A channel list is seen by pressing the OK button on your RCU, then pressing various coloured buttons... it's easy, you'll see...

In Setup -> PB-Menu -> PB-Experten Einstellung -> I enable the New Philips Driver for my Philips DBox2, then
    -Multicam
    , because I have it built-in now/attached by maestro Bosmannu, plus
    -ENABLE UPDATE-URL, so you can go to the net to download and install stuff directly from the net into your DBox2, which makes it all a breeze, from the PB-Enigma server - a SUPER THING!!!

In Setup -> Service Searching setup your system, according to your HW and your needs, like the number of LNBs or maybe a motor and then search the skies...

In Service Organising make your new Favorites, for instance. It's all possible to do, more or less, by using your RCU. But also using your PC and an editor [it's faster that way]...

System Settings -> Time Settings -> choose where you are and if you need it a zone correction... Also, what kind of display, A-V Setings etc. etc.

In Setup you also have the Parental Lock, if you have immature kids, to whom you want to lock some channels...

And so on and on...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSSpak View Post
    Here you go m8, The images comes with all extras aswell. some people might not require these so its best if any stuff you need adding ie plugins,HDD setup, Multicam module, cardserver,cam emulation etc.. just use the online updater from the md-menu. The less stuff you have the better!

I have also attached the latest german and english language file.

Regards

BoSS
    Hi

I am new with this satellite stuff and i need some help plz, I have flashed the box with (2x_sat_mdimage_v5[1].31_07112008.zip) image but when i scan,,i don't get nay channels.

All i want is at the moment sky free to air channels which are on Astra.

What files do i need and where to do i have to put them in dbox2?

Which file do i need to bring Astra sattellite option in scan menu.

I found some satellite service xml file on another forum, which i have copyed in zapit folder but still did get anything.

K . R
    Last edited by shanis; 03-03-2010 at 12:00 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12