Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: lnb tests ,smart tit ,black ultra ,invacom twin c120,invacom quad c120

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jase1 View Post
    Has anyone got a photo of a standard CM feedhorn with the lnb? The one I've found is grey if this helps.

I've picked up a dish and supermount but it didn't come with an lnb.
    the one in the first post is a channel master one , it is light grey although it looks white in the photo and has a black cap , later ones andrews had no black cap.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cosworth4x4 For This Useful Post:

jase1 (26-08-2013)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cosworth4x4 View Post
    the one in the first post is a channel master one , it is light grey although it looks white in the photo and has a black cap , later ones andrews had no black cap.
    That's cleared things up now. I'd seen a used one for sale online that looked like it had an lnb attached.

It was used and it turned out to be just the feedhorn. I think it was too much money for a feedhorn on its own.

Back to the drg board it is then

Thanks
    new they are about £70 , used on the bay average about £40 but you can be lucky and get a bargain now and then.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cosworth4x4 View Post
    new they are about £70 , used on the bay average about £40 but you can be lucky and get a bargain now and then.
    I've seen the new ones but that'll be more than I paid for the dish, supermount, actuator, pole and stand off!!!!

I think I'll get a black ultra, set it up and see how I go. Then just keep looking for one @ the right price

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jase1 For This Useful Post:

cosworth4x4 (26-08-2013)

Thanks
    10868ef.jpg

Here the picture for my Dish, at the moment only one LNB, Black Invert.
    It is 3.5 M with 53 cm deep Antenna. what kind and shape of Feed horn advised ?

Thanks
    that is a monster of a dish , cant say ive seen one like that before , best you make a new topic asking if anyone can identify it then you stand a better chance of getting the correct feedhorn.

Thanks
    Where should i start a new thread for help ? In Dish section Or in LNB section ?

Thanks
    i would start in the dish section try to find out what you got first , it does look like a uplink sat dish with the large hole in the center.

Thanks
    hi live in Manchester got a new horizon 1.2 offset dish using a black ultra lmb trying to get a 7 west get some channels on 7.west but get no signal on any sports channels get 12.5 west is there anything I can try to try and bring the signal in like moveing lmb in or out was reading about the feed horn just don't know lost thanks

Thanks
    hi got a new horizon 1.2 offset dish with a black ultra get some signals on 7 west working they about 30 percent but no other channels is there anything I can do to bring it up would sliding the lmb forward or back help whats a feed horn could that help or better lmb just don't know thanks

Thanks
    Interesting read about the Smart LNB - it's the one that I've read as having a very good performance but never tried it personally. I've tested a few combinations of LNBs/feedhorns/dishes and here's what I've found.

Channel Master 1.2m dish

For this, I find that a well adjusted Black Ultra 40mm LNB works best for me. I have also tried a Black Pro C120 with the original CM feedhorn (transparent cap), a single BU converted to fit C120 and a twin BU converted to C120. None of the conversions deliver a better result than the unmodified BU. Signals were at least 0.5dB better there. So, for now the CM feedhorn is lying in the garage unused...

The conversion was a good one as it allowed me to adjust the skew of the LNB on the C120 flange (pic below).

Fibo 1.2m dish

The other dish I played with was the Fibo 1.2m Gregorian. I originally had it fitted with the Black Pro C120 to the original Fibo feedhorn and it was OK and better than the Channel Master with the BU but the BU on Fibo absolutely trounced the Black Pro. Signals were at least 1dB up across the range of frequencies and many weak channels that never locked became lockable.

DSCN3693.JPG

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captain Jack For This Useful Post:

cosworth4x4 (03-02-2014), tigertimtim (27-12-2014)

Thanks

Icon3

Mod_Mti_lnb_Satfinder_drhd_60E.jpgCutoffc120.jpgMod_smart_chinabrave_feedhorn.jpgMod_Mti_Ctech_5100C_68.5E_Lnb.jpgMod_Mti_Ap82xt2n_Adf120_Lnb.jpgMod_Megasat_70db_Lnb_Adf120.jpgJonsa_180_Mod_Mti_Highgain_Primefocus_Adf120.jpgkubandfeedhorn.jpgFinalized_Mod_MTI_Ap82XT2N_Adf120_Lnb.jpgHi Folks

After a little time and testing a few lnb`s i have modify also offset lnb to primefocus spesialy for the weak signals from my Primefocusdish Jonsa 180 on my balcony.

First i test the ivacom twin and the inverto twin lnb, Signals are there but not so strong as i espect and the story that Jonsa is not good for ku
    and i resamble the panels to get it al mechanical optimized with some technice, thanks to David Roman for advice. .

I have tested a few lnb`s Inverto black twin, Megasat 70 db and now finaly the Mti Highgain Lnb to rebuild him for my Primefocus lnb specialy for
    the fringe weak signals to recieve and compensate some tuner isseu`s from my dreambox and drhd for dx.

Now the signals for Ku are Booming In And i have pretty good results on ku but i heard that the rendement for prime is not so high as for offset dish specialy the channelmaster and the channelmaster feedhorn are the best, better then the giby or other feedhorns.

The first test was to 60 e Nika tv and Scopus tv 100, they are weak signals here because my balcony block some signal and there is nothing i can do about it, but the signals are there and i have a nice time to tweak someting and optimise the level and the ber. Then i testin also Badr and Nile sat and in good weather nilesat 201 is arriving on my maxplus 2100 old test reciever with sharp tuner on 11919 . Normally i get all the niles also in rainy weather here in Holland (Beverwijk) and most of the clarcbeld is booming in here in Holland.

I read about the feedhorn that the best performance is to get space (4mm) from the end of the feedhorn to get the best compromis to signal and ber. what i also hear is that the adf 120 more optimized is for the high band ( 11.7 - 12.750 Gz) and searching for another feedhorn and found the seavea feedhirn who has mor rings and also use for bigger dish but the price is more then 2 jonsa`s dish loo and is to high for me i wanna make my own feedhorn for it..

There is also a way to get primefocus to screw a feedhorn on a offsetlnb, its the easyest way to test him now for you primefocus dish..

I have read the whole treath and my advise for mod lnb is to test the Megasat Single (70 Db) and the Mtu ap82xt2n Lnb, it must be working and maybe a little tweak is nessesary and a expancive lnb but you get what you want for the price.

A good dx ing Sat and greetings from Holland..
    Last edited by Phoenixx; 20-04-2014 at 04:54 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phoenixx For This Useful Post:

cosworth4x4 (20-04-2014), Lavaman (21-04-2014)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I'm in Ghana west africa. I hv a 5.2 meter locally made prime focus dish with which I track hotbird, astra 19.2 east, badr 4, nilesat and sky uk. I hv used smart tit, black ultra quad, Mti ak54-xt2n, mti ap82-xt2n all moded. The black pro both quad and twin and invacom qdf with invacom feedhorn. The best fringe lnb so far is the mti ap82-xt2n.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ymt For This Useful Post:

cosworth4x4 (04-05-2014), molhopicante (12-08-2014), ouagadougou (31-05-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ymt View Post
    I'm in Ghana west africa. I hv a 5.2 meter locally made prime focus dish with which I track hotbird, astra 19.2 east, badr 4, nilesat and sky uk. I hv used smart tit, black ultra quad, Mti ak54-xt2n, mti ap82-xt2n all moded. The black pro both quad and twin and invacom qdf with invacom feedhorn. The best fringe lnb so far is the mti ap82-xt2n.
    Please Pm me ur contact details for important info

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    People there is no any lnb as good as the mti ap82-xt2n. It's so powerful. I recently tested against both the black ultra single and twin and the mti was far ahead. Both the black ultra single and twin are very good but the mti is in a world of its own. The only setback is That It's expensive but it will do the job for you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ymt View Post
    People there is no any lnb as good as the mti ap82-xt2n. It's so powerful. I recently tested against both the black ultra single and twin and the mti was far ahead. Both the black ultra single and twin are very good but the mti is in a world of its own. The only setback is That It's expensive but it will do the job for you.
    You give the MTI thumbs up over the inverto black ultra. Did you modify the mti ap82-xt2n in any way or you use it the way it is. If you do modify the mti in anyway can you post a picture of your modified mti ap82-xt2n and how you have mounted it on your dish. I use same lnb in Ghana but dont get the results you get.

Thanks
    i have the Black Ultra on a 1.1 Televes (Offset) at the moment, very interested in this MTI AP82-XT2N. Would it be an improvement, or do you think these are more suited to the prime focus type of dish?

i see them in the 40mm collar.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I use the mti on a 5.2 meter prime focus dish. The head of the lnb is cut off. The lnb originally is for offset dishes so to use it on a prime focus dish, modify it. Staddos is your dish offset or prime focus. Have you tried the black ultra? You say the mti is the lnb sitting on your dish now meaning that is the best you have. If another lnb has beaten it let us know.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Ah - so maybe its only at its best with a mammoth sized dish then mate?

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I don't think so because persons who have used the mti on small dishes have hailed it as well. We in West Africa are too far away from the middle east and european signals so we need huge dishes to receive same.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast