Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The BBC attack on the pensioners is vile !

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 812 Posts

The BBC attack on the pensioners is vile !

The biased BBC will pay a heavy price for their attack on the Old age pensioners, this is a cynical move against a group of citizens who they consider to be right wing and out of touch with their modern corrupt views of the world, this will enforce their view that the BBC is not worthy of their license fee.

Coming just days after the older generation were praised by everyone at the 75th anniversary of D-Day for their efforts and sacrifice during the war the BBC sticks the knife in to them ! the older folks will not take kindly to a trendy uncaring well off poisoned corporation who wants to take food out their mouths and the clothes of their backs while they freeze during the winter, just so the PC trendies can continue their opulent life style.

It kind of ironic that the well off privileged care nothing about a generation whose hearing and eyesight is failing and wish to make a large number of them suffer and forced into poverty, their biased news coverage is hardly mentioning this story this morning as they have the means and lack of shame to bury the story before too many notice it.

We need another referendum that is binding on the rich and privileged to get shot of the BBC and only make people pay that want to watch and listen to its propaganda, the pensioners would know what to vote for, how many pensioners will they send to jail for not paying ? they could outsource special handling pensioner camps for the BBC to run !

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TonyO For This Useful Post:

alrod (15-06-2019), gibson (12-06-2019), holmroad (12-06-2019), mister-t (14-06-2019), mrdude (12-06-2019), Nikkas (12-06-2019), port06 (12-06-2019), Satcat (12-06-2019), squiddo (13-06-2019), voyager1972 (12-06-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,173 Posts
    The sequence of events is not as it might seem.

The government of the day agreed to gift over 75s with a free TV Licence.

A few years ago they passed the responsibility of issuing and collecting the licence fee but topped up that fund to cover the lost revenue.

About a year ago the government announced that the top-up would end but gave the BBC the job of canvassing the public to see what the preferred options might be.

Faced with the loss of 20% of their working funds and a public that still wanted a high level of service, there was little room for maneuver.

It is another case, and example of, the Tories dismantling the benefit system.

It is surprising how much has already been lost and it contrasts badly with many countries in mainland Europe.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Detlef For This Useful Post:

dog-man (12-06-2019), echelon (13-06-2019), gbmitie (13-06-2019), holmroad (12-06-2019), jackpot18uk (12-06-2019), johnhenry (12-06-2019), lennono (12-06-2019)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    I haven't watched the BBC or any British television, for many, many, years, and wouldn't miss it, if it were completely changed, as the Politically Correct BBC, and British television, in general, had become a joke, constantly editing films, and television programs, to meet the new standards, which included limited female nudity, and editing of certain words, that were deemed ***ist, like the word bitch.
    Examples include the editing of Friends, I was at a house, helping someone with their computer, when I noticed an episode of Friends, had been bleeped, to remove the phrase Horny Bitch, which Rachel calls a girl, who's trying to pick up Ross, in a comic scene.
    I also noticed films, like Overboard, being edited, by the BBC, to remove a scene, where Goldie Hawn, was in a revealing bathing suit, which showed off her bottom, pivotal, in the film, as the Kurt Russell character later identified her, by a mark, observed during this scene.
    The BBC even edited their own, older, television series, like Bergerac, to avoid showing Lisa Goddard's brief nudity, yet just before this, the same BBC, showed children scenes of a completely nude boy, in an Australian soap, with long close ups of his bare bottom, and didn't consider this a double standard, or psychological abuse of boys.

I've also noticed a lot of films, including Carry On films, were greatly edited, by all channels, even though they had a PG certificate in the 70's.

I still listen to the radio, including some BBC stations, including Radio 1 Xtra, and noticed how many songs are edited, out of political correctness, and how biased their news reports are, especially on Newsbeat.

If I had a choice I would change the BBC completely, keeping the quality, and getting rid of the dross, including all soap operas.
    The new, free, BBC would be educational, and informative, but completely safe, for children, to view, without any unsuitable content, or bias, whereas the rest can be turned into a private concern, for those who want to pay for it, allowing freedom of choice, something currently not available.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

dog-man (12-06-2019), echelon (13-06-2019), gibson (12-06-2019), Nikkas (12-06-2019)

Thanks
    The license fee should be canned full stop. All people are paying for is biased, self serving, reporting, endless repeats & mindless advertising (funeral plans & PPI). There are so many other options nowadays than to have to endure what they deem as 'live' TV.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikkas For This Useful Post:

jackary (24-06-2019)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkas View Post
    All people are paying for is biased, self serving, reporting, endless repeats & mindless advertising (funeral plans & PPI).
    I think you are confusing the BBC with other well known broadcasters - one of whom charges astronomically more on a monthly basis!

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to paulus For This Useful Post:

dog-man (12-06-2019), echelon (13-06-2019), gbmitie (13-06-2019), holmroad (12-06-2019), jackpot18uk (12-06-2019), JOE.MADDISON (12-06-2019), lennono (12-06-2019), manic01 (12-06-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by paulus View Post
    I think you are confusing the BBC with other well known broadcasters - one of whom charges astronomically more on a monthly basis!
    Although not named they too were included but I was referring to 'live' TV in general & thus trying not to single out one provider. If you read again you will clearly see 'mindless advertising'. The BBC does not advertise in the UK.

BUT as you have mentioned the Biased Bullsh*t Corruptoration (BBC), they too are a self serving, left wing, pedo protecting, fake news outfit. Only report according to their own agenda & too are guilty of showing the same old endless repeats.

Money for old rope but none of mine thank you very much. Will never pay them a penny ever again.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkas View Post

Money for old rope but none of mine thank you very much. Will never pay them a penny ever again.
    I Don't know where you live Nikkas, if it's not in the UK, no problem, but if it is in the UK., good luck with that.
    Last edited by Satcat; 12-06-2019 at 10:28 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Everyone should just do a protest and not pay at all for the licence. I doubt they will have the ability to take 50 million people to court. People should also refuse to let these Capita goons in their houses to check if hey have a TV. I've never had a TV licence, I'm 50 now and never, ever will pay for one. I get the 'generic letters' every month or so - they just go straight in the bin. I've had the goons round my house a couple of times (about 5~6 years ago now), I just told them to beat it, refused them entry and never spoke to them - just closed the door in their face.
    It makes my blood boil how much they pay their staff - and the BBC directors pay is insane - f*cked if I'm paying for these weasels to show repeats and crap like East Enders, and other such drivel.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrdude For This Useful Post:

holmroad (12-06-2019), jackary (24-06-2019), Nikkas (12-06-2019), squiddo (13-06-2019)

Thanks
    Yes I think we have to be careful here not to make this thread too political or risk having it closed so I will try to choose my words carefully.
    In some ways I feel sorry for the BBC as regards say sports coverage, their budget cannot compete with our well known satellite company who manage to make subscribers pay to watch adverts. I never have understood how they do that. Anyway consequently the BBC has lost almost all sports, I note that the women's world cup had a large audience, this probably means it will join men's football and cricket and F1 to be only shown on pay TV.
    As for how much the BBC pay their staff and "celebrities" I used to enjoy watching HIGNFY and other comedy programs but now they all appear to me to have a certain political leaning, I used to think that the BBC were fair minded and not biased but now not so sure?
    I find some of the presenters hypocritical as recently they were moaning on HIGNFY about how much people earn while omitting to say they receive £20,000 per episode.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crabber For This Useful Post:

echelon (13-06-2019), Nikkas (12-06-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,173 Posts
    The UK is a real gravy train for Sky. The most basic package which barely adds much that can't be seen on Freeview and Freesat costs £264 per annum.

Here in Germany, where salaries are generally much higher, the uptake on Sky De is lower and they were unable to justify the ridiculous charges for certain sports. For example F1 for the 2018 season was ditched although it has now returned; it is believed that the fee was much reduced as noted by the fact that RTL has all races this year on a FTA channel. I'm just pleased that I'm not interested in topline footy.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Detlef For This Useful Post:

echelon (13-06-2019), Nikkas (12-06-2019)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Detlef,

Don't let the BBC fool you. Write to the BBC under the Freedom of Information Act, ask them to disclose how much money the BBC makes from abroad via satellite and internet. They will come with a lot of excuses but they will never disclose the info. There're a hidden agenda. There's a track called Britain is Great Remix By Caroline D you can check it out on Spotify which the BBC refused to play after so many requests. The song is not about Brexit it calls for unity among the British public. Write or phone any BBC radio to find out why the BBC refuses to play a song about unity but the BBC will play Please Me By Bruno Mars and Cardi B repeatedly which is about f****ng. What Tonyo has said is absolutely right. If fact, the BBC is not losing any money they pretend to be losing money. What if those 75 year olds decide not have a TV !!!.There's big corruption going on inside the BBC.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Disco Man For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (13-06-2019)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 812 Posts
    I used to work at $ty, all the experienced (well paid peeps are gone) the last EPL deal nearly bankrupted them, it's now full of youngsters learning as they go for low wages but long hours.

Its poor value while internet options are cheap and cover everything.
    Last edited by TonyO; 18-06-2019 at 04:25 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyO For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (13-06-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Satcat View Post
    I Don't know where you live Nikkas, if it's not in the UK, no problem, but if it is in the UK., good luck with that.
    LOL It's simple. Just go to TV Licensing and complete the 'No License Needed' declaration form. You may then get one visit, as I did, then nothing for 2 years when you will be invited to either buy a new license or declare again. Simples. We really do not watch 'live' TV. It's all repeated crap. My wife is hooked on box sets & watches Rakuten Viki. We also sub to Prime & NetFlix. Also share NAS content with other Plex users, so have enough to keep us going forever. Almost everything they repeat on 'Live' TV I have on my NAS. So no license needed. 'Live' TV as specified by the BBC is dead for us & many others in the UK are waking up to smell the 'coffee'.

Only dirty trick the TV Licensing bods could now pull would be to change the rules to encompass on line, catch up & demand services (not BBC iplayer already covered) as requiring a license AND I wouldn't put it past the b'stards to do so sometime in the future the way things are going!

For the record it is not about the money. £150 is nothing to me at all.

@ Tonyo I used to work for them @ White City in the 'submarine' but was a contractor so quite happy with what I got paid.
    Last edited by Nikkas; 13-06-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Thanks
    I was under the impression that as long as you had equipment (ie TV) capable of receiving BBC you had to pay. Am I wrong?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Satcat For This Useful Post:

holmroad (13-06-2019)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    I think they changed the rules.
    From the internet:
    You only need a TV licence if you watch or record TV as it's being broadcast or use iPlayer – if you only use other catch-up sites, you don't need one. A rule that came into force in September 2016 means you need a licence to legally use BBC iPlayer, even if you're only watching catch-up TV.
    Code:
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/tv-licence/
    But no doubt they'll try to change the rules again, to get as much money as possible, and perhaps get any electronic device, capable of viewing programs, included, including you tube clips. That should encompass nearly everybody

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (13-06-2019), holmroad (13-06-2019), Nikkas (13-06-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Well I admit I DO watch a lot of BBC tv - very few of which are repeats; drama, news progs, sport (what's left of it, e.g. Wimbledon, FA Cup, etc) and WILL miss my free licence - that's IF the BBC's abysmal measure ever actually comes into force, after all the complaints, petitions, etc currently being bandied about online!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to holmroad For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (13-06-2019)

Thanks
    To pay a licence fee just for owning a TV is ridiculous or should that be paying Gary Linekers enormous salary just for owning a TV is ridiculous. I rarely watch anything on the BBC, having said that the national broadcaster should be fta.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bonovox For This Useful Post:

holmroad (13-06-2019), Nikkas (13-06-2019)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Satcat View Post
    I was under the impression that as long as you had equipment (ie TV) capable of receiving BBC you had to pay. Am I wrong?

Yes, you're wrong:

You don’t need a TV Licence if you or anyone at this address:

never watch or record programmes on any channel as they’re being shown on TV or live on an online TV service, and
    never download or watch BBC programmes on iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand.
    This could be on any device, including a TV, desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, games console, digital box or DVD/VHS recorder.

You can't use it to watch live TV though, or Iplayer. Owning a using a TV is not illegal and you don't need a licence if you use it for Xbox, playstation gaming - or for Netflix or ****** prime or any other streaming service that you're not watching live TV on. You can use a TV as a computer monitor and watch youtube, use android apps etc, which you don't need a licence for.

You also don't need to speak to these TV licence people that come to your house (Capita - private company - just like Argos etc, no legal rights), you can shut the door in their face, don't argue or talk to them, and don't sign anything, ignore the letters, etc. I've been doing this for the last 35 years - they still send the computer generated letters every month or so, but don't bother coming to my house anymore.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrdude For This Useful Post:

echelon (13-06-2019), Nikkas (13-06-2019), Satcat (13-06-2019), squiddo (14-06-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,180 Posts
    I dont mind paying the licence fee as they do make some brilliant stuff Planet Earth Line of Duty & others
    Then they do turn out ****e as Eastenders & others
    We never had one for over 10 years when we lived on the top floor of a tower block!

However i do object to the OAP's losing out
    This generation gave there all & sacrificed so much so a free tv licence is the least we can give them
    Compared to young kids that have a sense of entitlement at the moment & complain about everything on ****ter

I do object to the BBC paying stupid amounts of salaries to Evans & Linekar etc whilst local radio staff got the sack
    I hate all the pc bull**** & no common sense

It needs to get its house in order before hitting some of the poorest people in society

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to catseye For This Useful Post:

echelon (13-06-2019), holmroad (13-06-2019), mrdude (13-06-2019), Nikkas (13-06-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts
    To be fair, as with ALWAYS, surely it's all a matter of opinion on, say, the quality or otherwise of the BBC's programmes, but my mega gripe is with them over the tv licence issue, which is an absolute scandal AND disgrace.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast