Thread: The echelon 4 way zone 2, now 5 way

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    the L shaped extension bracket looks interesting at the end of the standard arm connecting the lnb rack to the standard arm

what is it ? angle iron or something you made up ?

seems to have a bar code sticker on it too

my whole arm was replaced with rectangular aluminium from an old pair of ally step ladders

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    the L shaped extension bracket looks interesting at the end of the standard arm connecting the lnb rack to the standard arm

what is it ? angle iron or something you made up ?

seems to have a bar code sticker on it too

my whole arm was replaced with rectangular aluminium from an old pair of ally step ladders
    hey echelon.

I've a spare arm from another 60cm dish I can carve at. I'd have to secure it with a bracket or something so i'd just have a wonder around B&Q with the arm to see what might do the trick.

cheers for the tips on my other post. I was wondering...

When you got the three birds on your 59cm dish, how much did you extend the lnb arm? (i.e how much longer-ish do was the replacement step ladder arm) Sorry I know it was a long time ago, I'm just wondering if its worth having a play with

Cheers
    Last edited by tayta; 03-09-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tayta View Post
    hey echelon.

I've a spare arm from another 60cm dish I can carve at. I'd have to secure it with a bracket or something so i'd just have a wonder around B&Q with the arm to see what might do the trick.

cheers for the tips on my other post. I was wondering...

When you got the three birds on your 59cm dish, how much did you extend the lnb arm? (i.e how much longer-ish do was the replacement step ladder arm) Sorry I know it was a long time ago, I'm just wondering if its worth having a play with

Cheers
    those details are in the thread I posted at the time, that warranted this thread as a response (post 1 hints at the other thread)

find the other thread and you find those details too

its also mentioned in posts #11 and #12 so you havent read through this thread properly either !!

alternatively, double what you have and then have an amount poking through the back of the dish (variable)
    suitably placed fixing holes along the side would allow in and out adjustments until you get the right focal point, like I did
    I have a feeling its was a similar length to a zone 1 arm added to a zone 2 arm, give or take an inch or two

you could possibly use some pared hardwood offcut to marry the 2 arms together and black japanned fixing screws to hold them
    if necessary use metal brackets like you get from car spares shops, like angle iron only it has no angle, a bit like old meccano

its improvisation city when doing this job, which is why you think outside the box