Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vu+ duo

Thanks
    ive noticed the size of the blackhole images. what is hbbtv?. going to put lite version on now.what is the best way to use picons on usb stick or hard drive i know if i put them hard drive it is runnig. but if i was to set it no standby when i put v+on stand at night does the hard drive stop dont know the best way to do it . i am thinking about going out tomorrow and getting a 32g usb stick and putting in the back port. but if i was to flash box again would i have to take it out to save picons or does it clear it when you do a new flash thanks.

Thanks
    been and got 8g memory stick to use for picons. do i have to format it. or just put it in the back and download the picons i need. ive noticed theres afew to download thru bh will thay just go on usb stick or do i have to do something to load them on usb. in other words if i just download them will thay just go on usb stick. plus ive gone to bbc 1 hd but just got a black screen all the other hd chanells are ok .is there a problem or is it my chanell list. ive downloaded vhannible setting thru bh thanks.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Ok the issue with bbc1 hd will be your channel list, best thing to do, is just do a full scan on 28.2e and that "should" fix any issue's with your channel list then hopefully as they do move about a fair bit on there sometimes.

As for the usb, you will need to format it either in windows as fat32 or in BH (blue button, blue button, usb format wizard), it will accept fat32 from windows, or any of the linux formats, if you do it in the BH image, you can split it up into upto 4 partitions and have them all different format types if you feel the need for it.

Once it's formatted you need to go into the bh mount wizard (blue button, blue button, Devices manager), then mount the usb as a /media/usb (and if you have multipul partions mount 1 as universes and whatever else takes your fancy), also mount the hdd in there too as /media/hdd.

Once the mounts are set it will reboot the box.

When it is online again, you can go into the bh panel and grab the HD picons, they will auto install on your usb stick for you.

I would also suggest setting up a swap file now you have a usb stick (blue button, blue button, swap file settings), create a swap file and then set it to auto start and then activate it.

As for your earlier post, there is a 1.7.8 lite image, that has hbbtv removed to make the image size smaller and save a little memory.

Thanks
    Please read this thread ref BBC HD Etc:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...-and-BBCOne-HD

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CokeAddict View Post
    Ok the issue with bbc1 hd will be your channel list, best thing to do, is just do a full scan on 28.2e and that "should" fix any issue's with your channel list then hopefully as they do move about a fair bit on there sometimes.

As for the usb, you will need to format it either in windows as fat32 or in BH (blue button, blue button, usb format wizard), it will accept fat32 from windows, or any of the linux formats, if you do it in the BH image, you can split it up into upto 4 partitions and have them all different format types if you feel the need for it.

Once it's formatted you need to go into the bh mount wizard (blue button, blue button, Devices manager), then mount the usb as a /media/usb (and if you have multipul partions mount 1 as universes and whatever else takes your fancy), also mount the hdd in there too as /media/hdd.

Once the mounts are set it will reboot the box.

When it is online again, you can go into the bh panel and grab the HD picons, they will auto install on your usb stick for you.

I would also suggest setting up a swap file now you have a usb stick (blue button, blue button, swap file settings), create a swap file and then set it to auto start and then activate it.

As for your earlier post, there is a 1.7.8 lite image, that has hbbtv removed to make the image size smaller and save a little memory.

thanks cokeaddict i managed to do a format in bh with usb stick.and mount it. got picons for 28e i only left it on 1 partion.now i want to put epg on same usb stick i tryed last night.but i think i went wrong somewhere because when i went into flasfxp i could only see my piconsbut no epg.so how do i go about setting up epg? ive even tryed to do a swap file but it says there is no file to swap. do i have to set something to enable a swap file. and finaly i downloaded chanell 1 through bh which i thought was very good. but ive been looking at the 1 in vip section is it the same or should i put it in manualy?thanks for your reply.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Please read this thread ref BBC HD Etc:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...-and-BBCOne-HD
    aldo thanks for that now ive got it sorted thanks.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    be careful if youve formatted your usb stick from the image itself,because it formats it into linux and if you have stored your backup files on that stick and your image goes **** up,you cannot access those backup files on your windows pc.

its best to format the stick in your windows pc using FAT32,you are covered then for all eventualities,unless of course you wish to use meoboot,if so,then it has to be formatted in the box.

the 1channel in the VIP section is a much newer version than the basic one thats been packaged within the 1.7.8 image.

Ian.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    be careful if youve formatted your usb stick from the image itself,because it formats it into linux and if you have stored your backup files on that stick and your image goes **** up,you cannot access those backup files on your windows pc.

its best to format the stick in your windows pc using FAT32,you are covered then for all eventualities,unless of course you wish to use meoboot,if so,then it has to be formatted in the box.

the 1channel in the VIP section is a much newer version than the basic one thats been packaged within the 1.7.8 image.

Ian.
    @ian thanks for reply.yes i have formatted it with bh image its only for picons and epg. how do i install epg on usb stick? im not really bothered about usb stick i have another spare 8g one i bought the 1 im useing for picons and epg.and i managed to do a swap file with it aswell its just epg need some help with. if any1 can help.as for the 1channel should i delete it and use the 1 in vip section i have just been looking at the threads. i have a 250g hd in v+ so should i go for the 1 in vip section. i will have to read it again because im not sure which to use e2_0.9 or py 2.7 im useing bh plus do i delete the files so i can download and stream the usb part. ive been reading it.can i do telnet commands with pc or do i have to use dcc or putty? ill have to read it again im abit lost where you talk about "you will have to extract it and repack it again". 1 step at a time i think thanks.

Thanks
    ive been having some issues with bh 1.7.8. ie youtube when i try and watch something on there i get green screen and then crashes.even with 1channel not always but sometimes i dont use any epg and have usb stick with picons on it .i have done a swap file so the usb start when box starts anybody else got issues with it .i did try bp but could not get on with it just me i think. i have been looking at the vix image but im not sure what to use. im looking for a image like bh that i can stream with or should i go back to a different 1 ie 1.7.7 or 1.7.6if i went for vix is there a download for cams or is it done thru tmp thanks for any advice.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    you need to install the url fix for youtube player

ive uploaded it on this site a few weeks ago or if you prefer download and install it from your images extensions.

Ian.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Green button, yellow button, BH addons server, plugins and then look for mytube fix2.

Thanks
    thanks for replys ill look at bh add ons dont want to change bh so ill look for it thanks

Thanks
    can i put tspanel on usb stick or do i have to install thru tmp ipk thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12