Thread: Tv Canaria 30 West ?

Thanks

Tv Canaria 30 West ?

Could anyone tell me if this is still open and also the correct frequency ?

ON Lyngsat it's down as 11474 dvb 3400 3/4, on ********* it's it's the same frequency but DVB-S (QPSK).

I have a TM 6900 and on a standard search i get a good signal strength but only one channel not the above ,when set to DVB-S (QPSK ) low signal strength and no lock tried with pilot on and off.

Any ideas ?

Thanks nml

V.I.P
    Thanks
    hi nml try 12092 27500 v just tried on my az think it is this?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iwols View Post
    hi nml try 12092 27500 v just tried on my az think it is this?
    Thanks mate unfortunatly that's Tv Canaria sat the FTA one,the other one is biss encryptionand has films and additional programmes.

nml

Thanks
    DVB in this case means DVB-S as opposed to S2. Didn't think there was a pilot option with DVB-S (there isn't on my 6800HD). It used to scan as TV Can La Gomera but I can't find it any longer. I have a tree in the way of 30W and the strong transponders are fine but I recall this being weaker. The fta version on 30W and 19E carry different programming I think to this which is presumably why it was encryted. What does your scan give? It used to be handy for Spanish football.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmb View Post
    DVB in this case means DVB-S as opposed to S2. Didn't think there was a pilot option with DVB-S (there isn't on my 6800HD). It used to scan as TV Can La Gomera but I can't find it any longer. I have a tree in the way of 30W and the strong transponders are fine but I recall this being weaker. The fta version on 30W and 19E carry different programming I think to this which is presumably why it was encryted. What does your scan give? It used to be handy for Spanish football.

Yes that's the one comes up now as Tvca La Gomera biss key wasn't in tm softcam but working fine on T-rex.

Thanks nml

Thanks
    There used to be another on 11470 for the island of Hierro. Presumably they now have a land based transmitter there unlike that island. You would need a tm file that has the BISS keys in as opposed to a standard one or I think you can add it yourself.

Thanks
    The 11470 is the BISS encrypted one and that shows the full local content (films, footy, soaps, ads etc). The FTA is now just called Canarias and has the same content as the FTA on 19e - whenever there is anything copyrigted it switches to the tourist information films.

Alas I saw the other day, a message saying the BISS one would close in March as it is now available on TDT (DVB-T to us Brits).

Rob

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by robbieb43 View Post
    The 11470 is the BISS encrypted one and that shows the full local content (films, footy, soaps, ads etc). The FTA is now just called Canarias and has the same content as the FTA on 19e - whenever there is anything copyrigted it switches to the tourist information films.

Alas I saw the other day, a message saying the BISS one would close in March as it is now available on TDT (DVB-T to us Brits).

Rob
    There used to be two. 11470 and 11474 for different Islands. As I said , I thought the 11470 one had closed because it was available via a terrestrial transmitter. It appears then that La Gomera now has a terrestrial transmitter for tv can so that will be closing. Did you mean 11474 not 11470?

Thanks
    Only one that I am aware of was at 11474 H. I actually tune to it at 11472 but that is probably just my tuner. I do not think you could place two transponders with the same polarity so close (I cannot remenber the minimum separation at this frequency but suspect is is more than this). The only reason I said 11470 in my post was to to follow your post. Fact remains is that the 11474 is the BISS one and that the one that will clear. The FTAs are the same on 30w and 19e.

HTH

Rob