Thread: Tm 6900 & C4 Hd

Thanks

Tm 6900 & C4 Hd

Hi everyone

Have just got tm6900 & am very pleased with the HD content thats on offer. One question though, c4 hd would be nice & I would appreciate any advice If It can be viewed with a 6900. I dont have a sly card or reciever as I understand you need a card. How can you get a card from sly without having any equipment as i understand you can pay £20 for a card but need to have It swithed on in a sly reciever. Is this correct & would It work in a tm6900 card slot ?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    apparently it will work in the card slot if you have the latest patch installed

but as you say you need this freesat card and so you need to obtain one from somebody , somewhere

a turned off card will do as they revert to freesat after the subscription ends , and you need the sly box to update it once a month , so you need to get the box and card , update it so it works on ch4 and ch5 and sly3 , then try it in your tm card slot and make sure they all work , then try ch4HD

I am sure if you look around google or auction sites you may find what you need

Just an old Petrol Head from wildest Wiltshire
    Thanks
    My expired Sky card works fine, I guess a freesatfromsky card will work ok too with the latest patch. If the card needs to be authorised from a sly box, ask a m8...

Thanks
    my 6900 is patched and it works perfect with the card but i have the sky box so that i can update it when it need to

Thanks
    great stuff ,...but if i use older digibox and any sky card will the old box update the FTV card once a month?and then i can watch c4 hd ?????dobrocop.

Thanks
    Should do m8, give it a try...

Thanks
    Thanks guys. Looks like I will have to look out for a sly card & didgibox. Can you believe that I had both some years ago after i cancelled sly & decided to get motorised. I gave the digibox away & I think i threw the sly card away as I thought I would never have any use for It. Just shows you, never throw anything away, cause you never know when It might come in handy. I now have a cupboard with two old recievers, various cams, loaders etc etc.

Cheers.

PS One last thing, any rumours that C4HD may go fta at some stage as opposed to ftv with a slycard ?

Thanks
    Likely to appear on freesat when it's contract with sly expires later this year, so yes.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbleu500 View Post
    Likely to appear on freesat when it's contract with sly expires later this year, so yes.

Thanks very much, In that case Im going to wait !

Thanks
    just left my old card in an official receiver over night and it updated so now its in my 6900 working fine with ch4 hd.

just got to see if it keeps it live now,

:respect-055: