Thread: Megasport

Thanks

Megasport

Hi guys, can anyone help, from some of the threads i have read it appears that this channel is free to air for the footy. My problem is i cannot load the channel on my Manhattan plaza st500. The lowest frequency that comes up when i scan the channels is 10973 on the horizontal. I have a 1mtr dish and live in the midlands, i appear to be getting a good signal so i cannot understand why i cannot get this channel can anyone suggest anything. Your help would be much appreciated

Thanks
    Megasport is not FTA.

It is encrypted in BISS.

You will need the BISS key to open Megasport.

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply mate, i know it is encrypted in Biss but read somewhere that it was fta. The main question i was asking was if anyone could give me any advice as to why i couldn't get the channel with my setup. I have a Manhattan st500 with a 1mtr dish and 0.3 invacom lnb but i am unable to get the channel to show on my listing even after a rescan. Regards jo90

Thanks
    i read somewhere a 1.2 mtr dish was needed for most of the channels
    from 4w. and if you use the patch for opening the channels
    you cant enter biss keys on a patched st model,or the nagra 2 keys for
    for premiere, the st range, does'nt work with the ident. for these encryptions and they can only be added in the patch, in the manhattan section where the patches are found there has been lots of posts about this subject, and it now
    appears all support has dried up for these receivers, most users have a dragon/t-rex cam. and have made so many complaints about manhattan stb's
    that the forum has e-mailed manhattan about these posts and they hav'nt
    even answered these mails, so now most have said this is the last box they will ever sell to them, it was may 06 when the last patch came out and as
    you know wont open very much now.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    dragon cam will clear megasport on 4w for you if you live in the south of england a 1m dish properly alligned should be ok I use 1.2 in the north with no problems

Thanks

Icon13 Megasport

Well I've been trying for months now to get a signal from Megasport 4W - all without success!
    I've tried tweaking my 1.1M dish settings as I know from a year or two ago it was very 'sensitive' - but still cannot get it!
    Just about given up now for what its worth.
    I have a Manhattan ST350 + TSM.

Thanks
    @holmroad

Looking at the satellite coverage for Amos 2 on Lyngsat its unlikely you would get the megasport transponder with a 110 cm in North Lincs. A 150cm dish would probably do it.

I get it in Devon on a 2m dish but the signal strength is only about 30-40% on a Strong 4375.

Thanks
    sorry to sound smug but i have been watching this channel for the last 6 months or so .premereship football etc on a 1.0 metre dish from the lincoln area.signal strength is not the best though.
    cheeseyy

Thanks

Question Signal

I know the signal fluctuates dramatically over 24hrs - what would you say is the strongest signal time (BST) please?

Thanks
    Well, the reply is a bit late, but I only get the 10.722H signal (which includes Megasport) strongly enough for a picture after 9pm - have not tried it later than 1am - and it has to be a fairly clear sky...

I have a 110cm Triax dish and .3db Invacom LNB with TM1500ci+ (not the Super version) - but it also works on the loopthrough to my Manhattan ST Plaza ST250 - I live in North Lancashire....in favourable weather, the Manhattan's Blind Search facility should find you the channel....

But I agree that for regular viewing in all weathers and at all times, a much bigger dish than 110cm will be required!

Cheers!

Charles

Thanks
    I was clearing megasport afternoon and evening games on an 80cm in e anglia last winter.

Not much margin for error tho' as v light rain would knock it out.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    megasports no problem n wales on small dish 1.2 andrews

Thanks
    No doubt 80cm is possible in good weather, but as grumpyy says even light rain knocks out the signal - to get it all the time in MY neck of the woods you'd have to go well above 1.2M!

Cheers!

Charles

Thanks

Megasport?

Hi,
    I'm in the South with a Plaza:ST 550 running on a C/Master 1.2 with a Nokia .3 LNB. Currently I'm getting Megasport on Amos 1/2 at 4.0 West with a 80% signal and a 61% Quality ratio. Plus, there is hardly any drop out over a 24hrs period.

However, it might be worth noting that when I ran exactly the same set up with an Invercom .3 LNB these figures or readings were way down with a continual picture break up being experianced!!

Rgds, TB

Thanks

Question Megasport etc

Well I still cant get Megasport at all - or MGM 10E or DigiTv 1W with my 110cm in North Lincs, so maybe I need a new lnb?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    megasports ok here north wales with c/m 1.2 ivacom .3 quad no break up in bad weather ect

Thanks

Megasport & Amos 4:West.

Hi Holmroad,

It might seem strange having such a difference in the reception figures etc. But I obtained the Nokia C:120 LNB some time ago just as the Invercom came out, sadly it was only ever used for a couple of days. At that time the Invercom was the LNB getting all the Rave Reviews and seemed to be the one being billed everywhere as the "must have" LNB! So I splashed out £45 to find out. Once fitted I thought that the results with the Invercom were terrific! But by only having the Nokia fitted for two days I really didn't have much to compare it with!
    However, after a year the Invercom suddenly packed up 14 days outside of the Guarentee period! I contacted the Co who sold it to me but was given the complete cold shoulder, coupled with an offer to purchase another one from them with a generous £5 discount!!

I had kept the Nokia LNB as a spare, so imagine my surprise upon refitting it to discover that it not only brought in many of the hard to obtain weak Chns including a stack of extra Chns on Amos with an improved signal reading way above the Invercom! But the best bit of all was that it gave an improved signal reading right across the arc on almost every other Sat from 53:E to 30:W!
    So knowing what I know now I could have saved myself £45 instead of wanting to keep up with Jones at the time!
    Rgds, TB