Thread: Solo2 updated to Openvix 5.1.013 now hanging during the boot sequence

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Solo2 updated to Openvix 5.1.013 now hanging during the boot sequence

Good afternoon

Up to yesterday, the machine was running a version of OpenVix 4, and then I updated using this file "openvix-5.1.013.release-vusolo2_usb.zip" from Vuplus-images.co.uk.

It was correctly unzipped and copied to a USB drive, the re-imaging process was followed carefully, and the m/c booted to the desktop, albeit that it seemed to sit there with the "Please wait" message for a long time. Nevertheless I was able to successfully go through the image set-up routines to configure the language, A/V o/p, tuner setup, my location and the LAN & WiFi connections (etc.), and all seemed well at that time, but I did not install anything, such as a Catseye channel list, as I decided to do that later.

However, today, when I tried to carry on the process by starting up the machine, it consistently hangs showing "Vu+ Solo2" on the front panel display and a "pretty pattern" of bubbles and the words "OpenVix - please wait" on the attached screen, and then goes no further.

Tried several power OFF-ON resets but I get the same thing everything times - so does anyone have any ideas on how to fix the problems, or have I totally bricked the unit this time around?

Thanks in advance.

PS: things have changed a lot in the last 10 mins!

I removed the Octagon WL008 Wifi dongle (MTU 7601 chipset) from the rear USB port and switched on - and then the m/c restarted the image updating process because the Update USB drive was still in the front port and so I'm now going through the re-imaging process again.

However, it was removing the Wifi dongle that allowed things to start again, and I now suspect I downloaded the wrong driver plug-in for that dongle - So, could that have been all that caused the boot hangs?

BTW: I have now found and downloaded what I hope is the correct driver plug-in for that chipset!
    Last edited by jallen01; 04-02-2018 at 02:56 PM. Reason: New info!