obviously there are dozens or hundreds of tablets out there so which reasonably priced one to buy ? (is a common question)

I have a resistive 10 inch patched flytouch one I never got on with so decided to look for a second hand replacement, and capacitive screen too

I decided 10 inch may be too big so opted for the 7 inch samsung galaxy tab 2 8gb model GT-P3110 wi-fi, second hand , cost me a ton delivered
it is titanium colour on the rear and has a black bezel front, and runs android 4.1.1 "jelly bean" which seems to be up to date for this tablet

I would say these tablets are excellent for the money, and almost anybody can use one as they seem simple to use, very responsive and very clear picture too

there are apps from samsung and the play store, many are free but do the jobs required, like mp3 players, video file players, e-readers , emails , internet browsing , the weather etc
the vu app works well, as does co-pilot from this forum too, streaming tv is a doddle with the vu app, and the on demand services also work
so all in all an excellent choice for those unsure what to buy and dont want a cheap busbi or archos arnova or some no-name make
I would definitely go for capacitive touchscreen and not resistive like the older ones had
I have now added a micro sd card , 32 gb which is the maximum size it takes

one point here is you cannot really go wrong with the galaxy tab or preferably the tab 2 like mine

alternatives I considered are

asus google nexus 7 (you cannot upgrade the memory as no sd card slot so buy the largest ram model you can, like the 32 gb model)) - this was my no1 preferred option subject to costs

acer iconia b1
acer iconia (all the other iconia models like the 200 and 500 and 700 etc)

kindle fire HD
nook HD+ (needs a memory card running an android hack plugged in so extra costs involved)

blackberry playbook

various no-names as below

allwinner a13
busbi
arnova

I discounted all the expensive stuff over £200 like the apple ipads, and the more expensive acer or asus or dell or hp or sony or similar products like the new microsoft surface, and any transformer tablet type laptops too

I also decided against the cheap tablets like the busbi from e buyer as I just think if you buy cheap you get cheap

I also wanted android v4 upwards and not v3 or v2

I hope that explanation helps anyone thinking of buying a tablet, but if anyone else has other ideas on these tablets, or recommendations based on their experiences please feel free to share them