Quote Originally Posted by Doume View Post
Not so easy to exchange on Spanish forum...
In fact, it seems that people working on that are located in Brazil, speaking Portuguese

As I can see, Jtag operations have only be done and validated with Premium models, not with Elite
It's simplest with Elite, about cabling ( no resistors to add on masterboard, and Jtag connector is already shielded on board...)

But I think something is wrong about cabling, or configuration files used with interfaces
The PC seems to be able to read some infos from Azbox ( SMP model, by example )
But it cannot write anything to Azbox : all datas and memory addresses are strobed as "FFFFFFF"
That can indicate a wrong clocking, or a wrong cabling

I've tested with 2 distincts PCs, with Linux and Windows XP, without success
My cable is certified in conformance with do***entation recommandations.
The problem is somewhere else....

Hoping people will finalize on a Elite receiver....
i tried numerous time to get elite to communicate via jtag, always, it would fail to HALT/reset the processor.( first few steps as shown below)
i also contacted the original Brazillian poster (FC_Candido i believe) about the solution we are following but he said he knows only that it works for Premium. In theory, it should be easier to JTAG the elite as it has the header and resistors on-board already and only one JTAG enable soldering is needed. Its been a very long time that i am not confident in a solution being found for the elite

halt
reset
reset init
flash protect 0 0 last off
flash protect_check 0
flash info 0
shutdown