Thread: hd tvs.. there giving them away!!

Banned
    Thanks

hd tvs.. there giving them away!!

anyone noiticed how ( especially) the last few weeks the cost has fallen in dramtic fashion,,, i mean a 42 ins is now less than£700 and even a 52 in less than £900....
    still thinking of make LG!!! ( LCD)

Thanks
    I seen a Sony 32inch for £299 recently. I can't believe it either, its great!

Thanks
    Maybe because DVB-T2 and 3DTV sets will be coming in 2009?

All the supermarkets are selling cheap TV's, like Morrissons have a 32inch LCD for £249.

The discounted TV's are the ones that are not selling.

Find me a th-42pz81b 42inch Panasonic Freesat HD Plasma half price, and I will believe there are genuine price cuts.
    Last edited by xanadu; 30-12-2008 at 08:31 AM.

Thanks
    perhaps they were overpriced in the beginning ?

and a sony can be had for as low as about £260 if you really look hard

in a few years time they will be even cheaper as the market gets saturated like happened with crt , and then the bigger ones will have dvd built in like the smaller ones can have

supply and demand , bells and whistles

Thanks
    I dont know about them not selling they are flying of the shelfs, ive seen 50 inch plasmas for about 500 pound.

If only i needed one, i bought my 42 inch panasonic plasma about 2 years ago for nearly 1600 pound.

Now you can get the later model for about 499.

Ive seen the latest panasonic 42 inch with freesat for 899 if thats any good, you will always pay a premium for a tv which is presently one of two with built in freesat hd tuner.

and jl do it for 995 with 5 year warranty.

chelseaboy

Banned
    Thanks
    i know there is a big debate re LCD AND PLASMA ,, but to be honest im still looking at lcd.... the reason is if its a sunny day ( well in my room) the glass always has this reflection,,!!!!!!!also somethings tells me that lcd is just a bit sharper ....
    FINALLY , RE FREESAT... i have sly+ so apart from not getting itv hd ,, dont think it would be needed,,

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I think the shops can see that the next generation LCDs will have SD upscaling built in, which while HD pogrammes are so scarce will make them a must have.
    am waiting for the Toshiba 42zv555d to get to JL (fort the 5year guarantee) before I spend.

Thanks
    My local (small) Sony Centre has had the kdl32w4000 and the kdl40w4000 for the same price of £899 before the vat reduction.
    This brought the price of both down to £880.12p !!
    On the Sunday before Christmas I purchased the kdl32w4000 for £775 with a 5 years guarantee.
    I didn't have the room size for the 40".
    On Boxing Day the kdl32w4000 had a price tag of £699.99 on it and the kdl40w4000 was now £899.99.
    The deal I did before Christmas was on the understanding that if the price dropped on Boxing Day they would meet the price.
    The manager wrote out a cheque for £75.

Anyone care to explain the Sony pricing policy?

Please --- no "you could have got it cheaper here etc"
    I'm happy with it and the like to support local (small) shops.
    They have their own on site workshop and have helped me in the past with some spares.
    Happy New Year.
    Regards

Thanks
    Not sure of the Sony pricing policy sorry.
    There are always different models of TVs. The 32inch sony I was refering to would probably be the lowest in its range. I noticed it on richersounds (who have supplied me with some decent sound equipment in the past).

A 5 year guarantee is worth a lot in itself. I think its a good deal that the manager kept his word and wrote you out that cheque

When it comes to buying TVs (or electricals) I like to first read about them online but like to see it in the flesh at the store. If there are any problems you can go straight back to the shop and take it up with them face to face. That is a big advantage over online shopping in my opinion.

rkbuttoo

re

I have the original panasonic 42 inch hd inc freeview bought 2 years ago complete with the original stand ,its superb,brilliant but I paid the top price £2300 including the stand.It was worth it.I have seen the price reduced since then is the same model eqivalent as good.The new stand is not.
    But nevermind, with TM 6800hd box the HD picture quality is great.

I am looking to replace 3 old tvs with flat screen ones............any one for the old all 3 for £99 all clolour ?????????????????

Thanks
    veron57.
    I think the 32" Sony is the "V"version of mine .
    I saw them side by side and the picture quality of the "W" is far superior on SD which is how I will be using mine -- no blue ray or HD kit yet.
    But £299 for a 32" must be worth it.
    Regards

Thanks
    i saw a sony 32 lcd next to the lg 32 plasma this week, the lg kicks the sony's scrwny backside all over the place, no contest plasma is the way forward for quality, lcd is way forward for the manufacturers to make more money.

Thanks
    remember oled is right around the corner and the picture quailty of that is fantastic, not to mention much lighter and no where near as thick.... they will not run as hot ether meaning less stress on electronic components

Thanks
    plus, they use a lot less leccy,.