Thread: lf 42lg7000 thinking of getting one

V.I.P
    Thanks

LG 42lg7000 thinking of getting one

thinking of getting this tv currently £549 in dixons but through nectar get 3600 points and found a voucher for 2.5% off so nets out at £535 with free delivery. spec as below

Full specification

Screen Size (inches) 42 inches Size of the screen measured diagonally across the screen
    Picture Quality 1920 pixels The higher the number of pixels the better the picture resolution will be
    Flat Screen YES Flat screens reflect less and do not curve at the edges providing you with less distortion
    Widescreen Option YES A format also known as 16:9 offering you the advantage of being able to watch movies in their original format
    Sound Quality SRS TRUSURROUND See our TV Buying Guide for more information
    Viewable Screen Size 41.5 inches
    Digital Tuner YES This enables you to receive over 25 Freeview channels, subject to coverage, including BBC Three, BBC Four, BBC News 24, Sky News, Sky Sports News, ITV2, CBeebies and digital radio channels
    Brightness 500 cd/m2 The greater the brightness the better quality of the picture usually is. However the actual picture quality is determined by how well the brightness and contrast of the TV work together
    Contrast 50000 The higher the contrast ratio the better the picture quality
    Viewing angles 178 degrees This determines the optimum viewing angle
    On Screen Display YES For the simple on screen access to menu options
    No of Scarts 2 To enable you to connect to other equipment such as a DVD player, video or games console
    Line input YES
    Stand Included YES
    Wall Mountable YES
    Parental Lock YES Unauthorised people such as children can be prevented from tampering with the equipment
    Auto Install YES Automatically tunes your TV and sets up the channels at the touch of a button
    Sleep Timer YES Can be set to turn off automatically
    Headphone Socket NO For you to listen with personal headphones
    Front AV sockets YES For easy connection of equipment such as camcorders or games consoles
    Programme Memory 1000 The maximum number of stations you can store
    Colour Black
    Fastext YES Allows for faster and easier access to Ceefax and Teletext information services
    Remote Control YES Enables you to operate your equipment from a remote handset
    Weight 22.4 kg This is the weight of the appliance in KG
    Height (exc Stand) 687.9 mm
    Width (exc stand) 1026.2 mm
    Depth (exc stand) 111.8 mm

The 42 LG 7000 42” Full HD LCD TV comes with a host of connections and an intuitive, user friendly interface, making it incredibly easy to use with your other electrical devices. It has 4x HDMI 1.3 Deep Colour connections to provide deep, true-to-life colours, a USB 2.0 port for connecting portable audio and visual devices, and Bluetooth connectivity for wireless image transfer and other assorted wireless entertainment.

The 42LG7000 42” Full HD LCD TV has been attractively assembled to include a chic black and scarlet frame and incorporates a host of sophisticated features to really enhance your home entertainment!

* HD Ready 1080p
    * Built-in digital TV tuner
    * 50,000 : 1 contrast ratio
    * Dual XD Engine Image technology
    * SRS Trusurround

* 4 x HDMI connections
    * 2 x SCART connections
    * 1 x Component
    * 1 x PC connection
    * Built-in Bluetooth technology

saw one in the store and quality was great but they were playing a blueray dvd through it.

any comments appreciated

we are borg
    Last edited by we are borg; 26-12-2008 at 10:59 PM.

Thanks
    M8,Take a look at the LG42LT75.. it's got much the same spec's but also come's with a 160 hardrive..[dont think any other brand come up with spec's like tha]t!!..

regard's

terry.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi Guys

Now have this after a nightmare with currys and dixons group on delivery and trying cancel it but they didnt cancel.

After giving them ****e and being told they had 3000 of these on backorder and still taking peoples money at £550 each which is over £1.5 million pounds I told them i was going to trading standards.

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=99457

Guess what all of a sudden I get a phone call telling me its being delivered on saturday. (yesterday)

Love the builtin bluetooth on the tv for my lappy and phone and usb for all types of memory cards using a card reader . Also playing ipod through usb so will now have to get surround system to annoy neighbours.

So far so good

We are borg

V.I.P
    Thanks
    UPDATE

I have now had the tv for 2 weeks and can now form an opinion.

The extras like the bluetooth although is a bit of gadget but useful with mobiles and headphones and I will eventually try some more bluetooth stuff on it .

The usb connection is great for card readers ect so you can put stuff on your screen .

I have connected my pc and it all looks and works as an acceptable option.

I have a slight problem with digital quality picture.
    despite setting up and playing with a number of settings the picture is just not as crisp as I would like and I suspect this may be an ariel problem or internal leads weakening the signal. My input leads go through a number of various boxes before getting on the tv and it may be sapping the signal.

Overall I still think it is worth the £549 and I would recommend it.

we are borg
    Last edited by we are borg; 25-01-2009 at 07:49 AM.