Thread: Advice needed on buying receiver

Thanks

Advice needed on buying receiver

Hi all

I need advice on what receiver to buy ,

My dad has give me his old 1.2m channel master motorised dish with a 18 " 36v actuator arm.

please can someone advise me on a receiver and lnb for this dish.
    I have been looking on the net but there is that many i havnt got a clue which one is best .

Many Thanks Chris

Thanks
    Chris,Here is my tuppence worth if it is any use to you. I too have a motorised 1.2 Channelmaster and the lnb I use is the Invocom make. I use the quad version as I have three sets hooked up to it. I have two Hd boxes now so can only give you my limited advice on them I have a Humax iCord and a Technomate 6900 combo. The Humax is a bit of a disaster and I would advise you to give it a miss unless you got it for less than 100 pounds. That is about its worth. It has very limited data in is menu and absolutaly no support from anybody. It also has major cam compatibility problems that no one wants to address. But it does deliver good HD and SD pictures. The Tecnomate on the other hand is great value for money. It has great support and a good following on the forums

which are very helpful in case one needs help. The 69oo also delivers very good HD and Sd pictures and is a delight to use and upgrade. There are proberly some very good sets out there but there are many ;Pigs in a poke; which I found out to my cost with the iCord. Buyer beware. Enjoy your viewing and a Happy Christmas to you.TMULL

Thanks
    Hi Tmull

The technomate seems to be agood box and i am thinking of getting one and they seem pretty well priced.
    But i have heard about cardsharing receivers would that be the way to go for the future or would it be to technical.

thanks

chris

Pimp Donator and V.I.P joshjess's Avatar
    Thanks
    Another receiver that is a clone of a Technomate or maybe the other way round is the Clarke Tech 5000 HD Plus, it has the same spec as the Technomate 6900 super, but is better looking and slightly smaller, and it works fine with a Diablo Light and gets the 30,000 symbol rate that Eurosport HD uses! Price wise its around £269 again slightly cheaper than a Technomate, and patches can be found on Satpimps

Thanks
    Hi joshjess

I have been looking at the technomate 6900 super it has ethernet connection would it be wise spending the extra ten pound and getting the technomate rather than the clarke or is there no difference.

Thanks

Chris

Pimp Donator and V.I.P joshjess's Avatar
    Thanks
    The CT has all the same features as the Technomate, checkout the clarke-tech.de website

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Nanoxx 9500HD offers you best picture quality ( I admit that I compared it only to Vantage 7100, Octagon 918 and Interstar 890)

Thanks
    Nanoxx 9500 HD is the same as Vantage 7100 and Hyro 9000 HD TS
    so i cannot thisnk that Nano has better Picrure , they all have the same hardware and produced in the same fabrick in South Korea,

Octagon 918 and Interstar 890 are also the same product , in fact they look all the same, exept the front panel.

Anyway i have here Hyro 9000 HD , Octagon 918 , AB IPbox 9000, Kathrein 910 USF , Opti*** 7700 CICX HDTV , Dreambox 800 HD

the best for picture and stability is Hyro 9000 and AB IPbox 9000 in my opinion.

Dreambox 800 is the best supported box , but not the best when it comes to picture or stability.

Kathrein i have almost never us it realy, to havy to use , and support is very very poor realy.

Octagon 918 very nice receiver , very stable and easy to use
    has plenty of suport , but stil to many bugs are there , and soem cards are not possible to read in the card reader

Opti*** 7700 CICX HDTV , very nive box , easy to use , not the best picture quality and not the best support, but there is inaf to keep me going

my rating from 1-10 is like this

Hyro 9000 HD 10
    AB IPbox 9000 9
    Octagon 918 8
    Dreambox 800 HD 7
    Kathrein 910 USF 7
    Opti*** 7700 CICX HDTV 6

this is just my opibion , and take in mind am not any expert
    just a end user and all i say above is my findings.

cheers

bobi

Thanks
    Hi Bobi

How do you rate the

Technomate 6900 HD Super

Q Box

Compared to the Hydro HD

Thanks

Chris

Thanks
    bobi

i have to disagree with you on this.i have the kathrein ufs 910,ipbox 9000 and dreambox 800 and the kathrein ufs 910 has the best picture quality i have ever seen much more better than the ipbox.dreAMBOX picture is equally the worst i have seen,i dont know why people buy it,probably for the excellent support i think

the kathrein now use enigma2 firmware just like the dreambox and now does almost the dreambox can do.i think you should get your kathrein out and connect it and you will be amazed at the pic quality.

happy new year