Thread: new firefox update out now!

Banned
    Thanks

Icon2 new firefox update out now!

just wanted to help any others but the firefox update is now out ( just used it my self!!)says update 3.0.5

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts

Firefox 3.0.5 can be found here:

HTML Code:
    http://www.filehippo.com/

Banned
    Thanks
    also!!!!! i note the internet expl windows update is also out!! that was rushed in quick!
    ps aldo on firefox its under help ready to click on!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts

Microsoft is taking the unusual step of issuing an emergency fix for a security hole in its Internet Explorer software that has exposed millions of users to having their computers taken over by hackers.

The "zero-day" vulnerability, which came to light last week, allows criminals to take over victims' machines simply by steering them to infected websites; users don't have to download anything for their computers to get infected, which makes the flaw in Internet Explorer's programming code so dangerous. Internet Explorer is the world's most widely used web browser.

Microsoft said it plans to ship a security update, rated "critical", for the browser on Wednesday.

People with the Windows Update feature activated on their computers will get the patch automatically.

Thousands of websites already have been compromised by criminals looking to exploit the flaw.

They have loaded malicious code onto those sites that automatically infect visitors' machines if they're using Internet Explorer and haven't employed a complicated series of workarounds that Microsoft has suggested.

Microsoft said it has seen attacks targeting the flaw only in Internet Explorer 7, the most widely used version, but has cautioned that all other current editions of the browser are vulnerable.

Microsoft rarely issues security fixes for its software outside of its regular monthly updates.

The company last did it in October, and a year and half before that.