Thread: "No or bad signal", signal S & Q is zero

Thanks

"No or bad signal", signal S & Q is zero

Hi,

My Humax 5400 as of last few days has no picture on any channel, just shows a message "No or bad signal", when I go through the ToH menu to Service searching, and get on freq. details of channels that I know are correct, it shows no blue bars for both signal strength and signal quality, they're both zero.

I've tried uploading the complete channel list & settings from back in October when I know that everything was working fine, but nothing. Unfortunately, the dish is communal, so I can't check it myself (don't have access to the roof) but I imagine that if it was to do with the dish, other people would complain by now.

Short of me taking hummy to the sat shop and trying it there, is there anything else I can try from home?

Thanks

Thanks
    have i read somewhere before about the power supply sometimes affecting the tuner?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts

I have always thought that the message "No or bad signal", indicated that the dish was not on the Satellite that you are trying to receive the channels from.

Thanks
    It could be due to a number of reasons, and Mr V doesn't say where he is. If he is in the UK or NW Europe in general, we had such strong winds in the past few days, it is a possibility that the dish has been moved out of alignment.

Doc

Thanks
    I'm in London. I thought about dish being a bit misaligned, but I think that this would affect everyone in the building, and there would be some info by now.

Looks like I have to take it to the sat shop, which I was trying to avoid :(

Thanks
    have you tried putting one of those sat finder meters in line with the lnb cable, this should tell you if theres a signal coming down which should tell you if its your dish or tuner.

Thanks
    you could try some one elses machine on your dish or vice versa, or even a sky dish and tune in to 28 deg this would test the box or dish

Thanks
    It seems as if you have no cable connected to your box. If I connect a plain cable, with no lnb connected on the other side, I still get some signal quality but 0% signal strength.

Thanks
    something similar hapened to me a couple years ago no signal level or quality
    i tried my other hummy and things were ok, Sounds like a a psu problem.
    Last edited by Marco; 12-11-2008 at 03:18 PM.

Thanks
    hi m8 check the LNB

Thanks
    Thanks for suggestions guys. Unfortunately, I have no sat finder meters, nor I can check the LNB or the dish. Of course, I checked the cable, but it is still very much in there, I even unscrewed it, and screwed it back, fits fine.

I think the only thing is for me to take it to the sat shop and test it there and then.

Cheers

Thanks
    hi MRV what was the out come of your problem with your box it seem i have the same problem , many thanks