Thread: disecq/lnb limitations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks for you recommendations. I have just ordered a super dark motor (not superior but super). :respect-059:

loveman, I like your suggestion about cementing a scaffholding pole in the ground. I think this will be ideal for me.

While im anxiouly awaiting delivery I will try to get hold of a decent 5/6ft pole and start my preparations

Thanks
    Hi Vernon,

Sorry aint forgot this thread not been on for a few days.

I have a Stabs motor a little more expensive @ £80 but you cant even heard it when its moving unless you go outside, stand underneath it and no cars are around. You can then just about hear it.

From what I read on your first post you can keep it really simple and not bother with USUALS. I have my stab set up on Discqe because im only intrested in the high powered sats in my footprint area. Ie 19.2/28.5/13.0/16.0/10.0/1.00

If this is the kind of thing you are looking to do for starters all you will need is you dish/motor installed as correctly as possible and your langtitude and longtitude which is easy to get theses days.

When I set mine up I basically got 1%west using £5.00 sat meter from **** then tightened the bolts to take it slightley to the south.
    Configured the DM to motorised with my lang and long.

The first time then it took my 2 days to find all the sats but since then I have learnt from the help of others that it is far easier to install a channel list using dreamboxedit and thats it you flick to a channel the dish moves so you can enjoy the FTA footy on 19 & 13 then switch to BBC HD after without any probs.

I have a scaled down channel list I can mail you when you are ready as the LikoRotor has many sats that you may not be able to get.