Thread: disecq/lnb limitations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    I personally have the super dark motor (the metal gear one), and that works perfect with the dm800. I don't know if you could call it loud, but I guess it is. But that's because it is actually connected to the house, so as it turns, it's going to cause some vibrations, which carry the sound. Although we can hear next door very loudly in our house also (which I feel justifies me turning the dish all the time :001_005:

Anyway, to install it, you need to be totally plumb. Make sure you use a spirit level to ensure that your are not out at all, and check on all sides of the pole.

I would say to use t & k brackets with some good scaffolding pole, as this is the most sturdy method of keeping the dish without it moving due to wind pressures. For this reason (wind pressures) I wouldn't advice to mount the dish on to your shed. If you wanted, you could always dig down in to the ground, and cement in a scaffold pole, and then put the dish high enough to receive the satellites...

hth

Thanks
    Thanks for you recommendations. I have just ordered a super dark motor (not superior but super). :respect-059:

loveman, I like your suggestion about cementing a scaffholding pole in the ground. I think this will be ideal for me.

While im anxiouly awaiting delivery I will try to get hold of a decent 5/6ft pole and start my preparations

Thanks
    Hi Vernon,

Sorry aint forgot this thread not been on for a few days.

I have a Stabs motor a little more expensive @ £80 but you cant even heard it when its moving unless you go outside, stand underneath it and no cars are around. You can then just about hear it.

From what I read on your first post you can keep it really simple and not bother with USUALS. I have my stab set up on Discqe because im only intrested in the high powered sats in my footprint area. Ie 19.2/28.5/13.0/16.0/10.0/1.00

If this is the kind of thing you are looking to do for starters all you will need is you dish/motor installed as correctly as possible and your langtitude and longtitude which is easy to get theses days.

When I set mine up I basically got 1%west using £5.00 sat meter from **** then tightened the bolts to take it slightley to the south.
    Configured the DM to motorised with my lang and long.

The first time then it took my 2 days to find all the sats but since then I have learnt from the help of others that it is far easier to install a channel list using dreamboxedit and thats it you flick to a channel the dish moves so you can enjoy the FTA footy on 19 & 13 then switch to BBC HD after without any probs.

I have a scaled down channel list I can mail you when you are ready as the LikoRotor has many sats that you may not be able to get.