Thread: Patching guide for 6900 HD Combo Super ?

Thanks

Patching guide for 6900 HD Combo Super ?

Hello Technomaters,

I received my 6900 HD Combo Super model this morning and am setting about the usual fiddling. Very nice it seems, too.

I've looked a little around the threads here, but can somebody kindly walk me through the patching techniques / methods for this model, or point me to an accurate guide?

I'm used to a Vantage x200 series so am aware of the basic principles. With the Vantage I know how to load modified emu firmware and softcams, so I'd like to know how to achieve a similar end result with this receiver.
    I don't have any CAMs except an official Viaccess one, and I'm not into card sharing or complex stuff like that.

Thanks for any help,
    Lee

PS My model shows firmware 6.63p dated 4th November 2008; I'm checking with the supplier but I assume that is patched firmware because the official download page seems to have older files.

Thanks
    Hi,
    I also got my hew TM6990HD Super the other day and so been reading lots and lots.
    Maybe you got your answer but read the post 'Setting up TM6900HD Super Combo'.
    Basically 'load the latest technomate firmware update, latest patch for this box and the tmsoftcam for this box - all via the usb pen' in that order and using your USB menu option.

Thanks
    Hello FBBC,

Thanks; I don't think I found or noticed that topic but managed to work it out for myself, if I recall correctly.
    As you've described, it's very easy;
    For anyone else's benefit:-

Just load the patch/softcam/channel list onto a USB pen/stick, plug that into the TM, go into the TM's USB 'Data Transfer' menu, select and click on what you want to load, and it just loads.
    (As you said/quoted, apparently we have to load the latest official firmware before loading a patched version. I didn't test if that is actually necessary)

The 'Upload Channel' and 'Upload KEY' options in there seem to be for loading those files from the TM onto the USB pen. I often get confused by some receivers' or loaders' use of the words 'upload' and 'download' and this receiver's usage also confuses me.

No need for a Loader or null modem cable though ... hurray

Of course, loading anything to open channels has become largely redundant of late, since Nagra3.
    :(

Lee

PS FBBC; If you have the 'TM 6900 HD Super Combo' as I do, I'd be interested to hear if you notice any negative tuning or signal strength/quality issues. You would probably need however to have a previous or alternative receiver to be able to compare it.
    Maybe you could PM me or post in the forums if you do find any problems? I and some others may be having some in this specific model, but I have yet to reach a meaningful conclusion.
    Thanks a lot,
    Lee
    Last edited by mynameisEarl; 22-11-2008 at 08:18 PM.

Thanks
    Hi,
    I had an Echostar AD3000IP which I was always happy with. I hadn't used it for a couple of years but few months ago got it up and running again. Dish had a Blue Line 0.6db LNB and 1W signal was OK, ~60%.
    Changed to the 6900hd super + motech VII and couldn't tune in 1W due to poor signal. Checked the 80cm mesh dish alignment couple of days ago, because it had been off the wall, but that was OK. I changed the LNB to the darkgold 0.1db, after reading the LNB section, and 1W back at about 74%.
    All in all I think the 6900hd super is the muts nuts, so far, all set up and working great, HD is spot on, diablo much faster zapping. Just got to sort out the LAN now.

Thanks
    ok, thanks for that, FBBC.
    Maybe there is something about the 6900 HD Combo Super's tuner which demands very specific LNB alignment.

Lee

Thanks
    can anyone confirm that they are able to get ITV HD on this receiver ??

Thanks

Icon14 Itv hd

ITV HD:- Yes M8 - working fine on MY TM6900HD Super Combo + latest 664 patch - sound & vision - the lot!:respect-069:

Thanks
    I found ITV HD scanned in as channel '10510' as mentioned in the patch's post, but I have so far only ever seen a caption saying "itv hd This service is currently unavailable'.
    Have I done something wrong or does the channel only transmit at certain times?

Thanks,
    Lee

Thanks

Icon14 Times

Only transmits at certain times M8!:bravo-009:

Thanks

Itv hd

I have TM6900 HD Combo super, based in Gloucestershire and can get ITV HD when it is on