Thread: Freesat Humax PVR on the way.

Thanks

Freesat Humax PVR on the way.

Guys had a email from Humax this morning, here it is below.

Thanks

FREESAT PVR/DTR Launch

Dear Humax User

I am pleased to announce that in the next few weeks we will be launching our FOXSAT-HDR digital Freesat+ recorder.

This product continues our fine tradition of high quality, market leading terrestrial Freeview recorders (recorders that receive the broadcast signal over a TV aerial) the PVR9200 series and PVR9300 series, only this time for the Freesat satellite service (receives its broadcast signal through a satellite dish).

The unit will be available from the major retailers by the the end of November, and is bursting with Freesat+ recording features to capture the incredible colour, sound and crystal clear images of the BBC HD (High Definition) channel and ITV HD red button service.

When launched, the high specification, twin tuner Humax FOXSAT-HDR will be the only way to pause, rewind and record Freesat HD digital TV programmes, as well as accessing an expanding choice of standard definition TV, radio and interactive channels.

The FOXSAT-HDR guarantees a whole host of advanced recording features for the Freesat+ digital satellite service:

Series recording - to automatically record all the episodes of your favourite shows
    Radio recording - never miss your favourite radio shows by recording individual shows, or even a whole series
    Live pause and instant rewind - in case you need to answer the phone or replay that crucial scene
    Schedule tracking - start and finish recordings on time, even when broadcasters change their schedule
    Split recordings - record two-part programmes & films which may have a break in the middle for news bulletins
    The 320GB hard drive stores approximately 60 hours of HD programming, or up to 200 hours of SD (Standard Definition) shows, while the eight day on-screen electronic programme guide makes it easy to scan the Freesat TV schedule and plan your viewing. Also since the FOXSAT-HDR comes with two digital tuners, two Freesat channels can be recorded at the same time, so you never need miss a thing. And with HD highlights including Strictly Come Dancing, Uefa Champions League, England home games, and the FA Cup, there's plenty you won't want to miss.

Other features of the FOXSAT-HDR include:

Advanced digital text and interactive services
    HDMI slot for transmission of amazing high definition pictures and surround sound audio to an HD-ready TV
    Low power consumption less than 1watt in standby and an automatic standby function triggered by inactivity
    Parental controls access codes prevent children watching inappropriate content
    Audio description services for the blind or visually impaired and one-touch subtitles
    Two scart sockets for connecting other equipment such as a DVD recorder
    Dolby digital audio output
    Connecting leads and controls including HDMI cable, scart cable, and remote control
    As already mentioned the FOXSAT-HDR will be available to buy from UK retailers from the last week in November 2008, and will be priced at around £299 (satellite installation not included). For more information, please visit w*w.humaxdigital.com/freesat as we will be uploading full details of the specification within the next week to 10 days.

Best Regards

Graham North
    Commercial Director
    Humax Electronics Co. Ltd.

Thanks
    i got that one also . if its as good as my 9200 then i will get one . as i find the 9200 so good better then any stb just so eazy to use and the pvr is super , i have a 500 h/d in mine

Thanks
    Sorry to tell you guys it will be £350 not £299.
    i have "heard" it has 2 cam slots and 1.2 motor control .
    Bad things are no RF out put so cant be used like s@y box.
    lets hope faster than the Fox and HD2000 ci because these had only 3 legs between them.