Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: recommend a 1080p HD tv for under £600?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SAUS04 View Post
    dixons sell the same tv for only £696.40 with free delivery .......

Maybe insurance isn't always included in these other deals? Worth quite a lot over 5 years.

We bought from the local Currys shop for peace of mind if anything went wrong. They gave us detailed help on the best way of plugging all the items together and further advice when we had problems with the audio. When trying to order through the Dixons website we couldn't even find anyone who you could call. Decided paying a bit extra was the best thing to do when spending well over a £1000.

Thanks
    pannasonic 5yrs warrenty is standard warrenty panisonic offer so unless he has bought tv direct from panisonic the warrenty WONT BE PANASONICS it will be the shops warrenty ... also the pannasonic warenty is 1 years parts and labour the rest is just parts :( so its not that good anyways.. and lets face it if you buy a tv for that price and it breaks within 5years is it really worth paying that much for it i know a few people that would claim against the manufactor to get it repaired even out of warrenty as the goods werent fit for purpose and majority of the time the manufactorer would repair them free anyway.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I bought the Samsung 40" lcd last year its been absolutely superb.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    TV manufacturers should be forced to show a power rating on there sets the same as domestic appliances then most people would go for LCDs.

Sony are the most future proofed with cam usb and ethernet slots. They also have 3 tuners in the V and W ranges and they will work all over Europe unlike Pannys .

Mildly Important Nymph :D goran's Avatar
    Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by fred fickle View Post
    ...and they will work all over Europe unlike Pannys .

Could you expand a bit, please? Would mine [Panasonic 42'' PZ80B UK model] work in Sweden, would you know?

Thanx!

Thanks

Icon10

stick with sony cant go wrong.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goran View Post
    Could you expand a bit, please? Would mine [Panasonic 42'' PZ80B UK model] work in Sweden, would you know?
    Thanx!
    Panasonic TH-42PZ81E - 9999 SEK
    _http://www.pixmania.com

Thanks

Question

The Q is somewhat different, though: I have the model I mentioned...

Thanks

Question

Hmmm, they sell:

Code:
    http://www.pixmania.com/panasonic-tv-plasmaskarm/sese1_3_8_61_36_0_0_00_sg.html
    Code:
    PANASONIC Plasma skärm TH-42PX80E

42 tum (107cm) 16/9, Standardupplösning Marknätet, 100Hz, HDMI x3, SD card

PANASONIC TH 46PZ80 - 46'' VIERA plasma-TV - 100Hz - widescreen - 1080p (FullHD) - HD ready

46 tum (116cm) 16/9, Högupplösning Marknätet, 100Hz, HDMI x3, SD card

PANASONIC Plasmaskärm   TH-42PZ86FV

42 tum (107cm) 16/9, ''Full HD'' HD Marknätet, 100Hz, HDMI x2, SD card
    Upptäck Full HD G11 från Panasonic. TH-42PZ86FV ger häpnadsväckande realistiska bilder.TH-42PZ86FV fungerar 8 timmar per dag i 34...

PANASONIC Plasma skärm TH-42PZ8

42 tum (107cm) 16/9, Högupplösning Marknätet, 100Hz, HDMI x2

Nu kan du släppa in filmens värld i ditt vardagsrum tack vare denna plasma skärm TH-42PZ8 från Panasonic !Denna Full HD plasma...

PANASONIC Plasmaskärm TH-42PZ81E

42 tum (107cm) 16/9, ''Full HD'' HD Marknätet, 100Hz, HDMI x3, USB
    Panasonic plasmaskärm TH-42PZ81E erbjuder Full HD 1080p för härligt flyt och ljus i tv-tittandet.TH-42PZ81E bygger på teknologin...
    One of those ought to be veeeeeeery similar... at least...

Uhhhhhhhhh, hope it does work there...

Thanks

Best Buy TVs

Don't forget that well known Partnership called J*** L**** that always offers a 5 year warranty, and from personal experience it really works (Sony Wega replaced by Panasonic Viera after 4years).
    They still price match shops local to any of their branches; and then of course to your local branch.
    Best buys are probably Sony V4000 series and Panasonic for plasmas. No reason at all to buy 100Hz, but worth having 24p for HD films.

Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by fred fickle View Post
    Sony are the most future proofed with cam usb and ethernet slots. They also have 3 tuners in the V and W ranges and they will work all over Europe unlike Pannys .
    Yo, Fred, m8, can you please make it clearer - will the UK Z80B model work in Sweden, would you know or....???

Cheers!

Thanks
    It makes me laugh at people going on about power consumption, i have a samsung lcd and a panasonic plasma and to be honest the picture on the plasma is much better.

I think it all depends on size, my mom and dad have got a sony lcd 40 inch, its nice but yet again my panasonic plasma the picture is much clearer, they may get hot but is that a bad thing its getting cold outside now.

Ive had mine about 3 years and if i had to buy now i would definately get a plasma, lcd's maybe cheap to run, but remember its not a car, its something you look at, and if the picture looks better, surely its worth paying that extra money to run it.

Oh back onto the subject heres the tv me mom and dad have got good price with a three years warranty.

_http://www.digitaldirect.co.uk/sony/kdl40v4000.html?P36=BGSTX5

chelseaboy

Thanks

Icon12

Dig Deep says that any telly from the EU will work in Sweden, so it seems it's sorted, hehe...

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chelseaboy View Post
    It makes me laugh at people going on about power consumption, i have a samsung lcd and a panasonic plasma and to be honest the picture on the plasma is much better.
    There's no doubt that the Panasonic plasmas are better than LCDs, particularly on SD material. On HD material, it's a much closer run thing - although plasma still has the edge IMHO, some actually prefer the colour rendition on LCD sets.

From the sets I've seen, Sony is the best all round LCD. The latest motionflow sets are supposed to be superb, but expensive...

Power consumption is becoming a significant issue for many people these days. I was on the verge of buing a 40-42" panel a while ago, I looked at a Panny plasma, and a Sony LCD, the Panasonic used around 500W extra... over, for example, a five year life of the set, that adds up. If the set was used for 4 hours a day (less than our average), that's an extra 2 KWh per day, or 730 KWh per year, or 3650 KWh over the life of the set. At current electricity prices, that's heading towards £500 of extra electricity consumption. Certainly not insignificant.

Thanks

sony kdl v4000

sony kdl40v4000 1080p
    argos 548 3yr warranty
    richer sounds 499 +10/% 5 yer warranty
    best for price
    Last edited by sifayg; 27-12-2008 at 06:58 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sifayg View Post
    sony kdl40v4000 1080p
    argos 548 3yr warranty
    richer sounds 499 +10/% 5 yer warranty
    best for price
    Richer Sounds had only 10 per store at that price, the price is now £649.

Argos also now out of stock.

HiSpek were also pushing this TV for £500 with 5 year warranty, but are now out of stock and cancelling orders.

John Lewis were actually price matching this at £499 and including their free 5 year warranty for a very short while on Boxing Day, and the next morning, until £499 stock at RS ran out - making it £50 cheaper than RS with the warranty.

Best to keep a close eye on the situation if you want this excellent TV.
    Last edited by sparky_dog; 29-12-2008 at 12:00 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12