Thread: Five on Freesat

Thanks

Five on Freesat

Hi does anyone know when Five will be joining the Freesat platform.The last I heard they it would be imminent but that was a month ago! Thanks for any information. Baddog.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 470 Posts

Icon12

This from Freesat. "Although five wasn't able to join freesat at its launch, five supports freesat and will be joining the platform later in 2008".

Thanks

Channel Five

CH5 News

I know this is not about Freesat, but I think the timing may go hand in hand with Freeview

Channel Five signs deal with BBC to extend rural reach via FreeviewComments (2) Mark Sweney guardian.co.uk, Tuesday October 21 2008 11.57 BST Article historyChannel Five has struck a deal with the BBC to extend the availability of its main network, which features programmes such as Neighbours and Home and Away, on digital terrestrial television service Freeview to rural households.

Five's main network will be broadcast on the BBC's Freeview Multiplex B when switchover begins in the Border region - covering ***bria and the Scottish borders - next month.

This means that Five shows such as CSI, House and Australian soaps Neighbours and Home and Away will be available as widely in rural areas around the country on Freeview as the other four public service broadcasting networks - BBC1, BBC2, ITV1 and Channel 4.

This deal with the BBC should allay fears about a lack of reach for Five on Freeview.

The Five network is currently broadcast on the ITV-owned SDN multiplex, which is not available in many areas and contributed to fears that rural viewers would get a limited number of channels in a "Freeview-lite" scenario.

This arrangement with the BBC is a short-term one until a wider reorganisation of Freeview ******** late next year to allow ITV, the BBC and Channel 4 to launch high definition services.
    Last edited by Grayman; 24-10-2008 at 04:12 PM.

Thanks
    Five Now" Free To Air" On Satellite

ASTRA 2D, 28.2 degrees east
    10.773 GHz H
    FEC 5/6, Symbol Rate 22000
    Service name: 6335

Not yet showing on Freesat EPG

Thanks
    yeah but working.

ive got it in my epg now.

sometimes it says, "this programme is not broadcast on freesat."

or something like that

ps when i say freesat im not talking about an official box, i mean a hd stb. (passion+)

Thanks
    Freesat have announced the forthcoming addition of Five onto the platform on Tuesday 18th November 2008.

Since launching in 1997, Five has developed a strong reputation for a wide mix of entertainment, do***entaries, features, news, sport and children’s programmes. The channel’s Autumn schedule includes Paul Merton in India, 1968 Unseen, Dangerous Adventures for Boys, Unbreakable and Axe Men.

Commenting on the addition of channel Five to the service, Freesat Managing Director Emma Scott said;

We’ve been looking forward to welcoming Five onto Freesat since we launched – and we know viewers have too. Five is a fantastic addition and we’re thrilled that the large number of homes that have already chosen Freesat will now be able to enjoy Five alongside around 140 other channels available without a subscription or contract.

Charles Constable, Channel Five’s Director of Strategy, said;

I am delighted that Five will be available to Freesat viewers. Our launch will support three of Five’s objectives: to be universally available throughout the UK, to let viewers watch our programmes on the platform of their choice, and to enable as many people as possible to watch Five free of charge.

Five (channel 105) will automatically be added to Freesat digital boxes and integrated TVs.

Update about Fiver and Five US, the official statement from Freesat is:

Due to lack of availability of appropriate satellite capacity, Fiver and Five US are unable to join freesat currently. However, we are exploring options to secure capacity to enable these channels to join freesat at some time in the future.
    Last edited by wowwow; 10-11-2008 at 08:00 PM.

Thanks
    but not in HD?!

Thanks
    Five Now" Free To Air" On Satellite

ASTRA 2D, 28.2 degrees east
    10.773 GHz H
    FEC 5/6, Symbol Rate 22000
    Service name: 6335

will these be the permanent settings for CH 5 or is there another Freq etc