Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BISS channels Softcam

Thanks
    So I fooled around with DCW BISS editors, and god knows what else for a week now and I couldnt come up with anything on that matter.
    I have to admit everything more than changing a simple key if way beyond me.

Maybe someone smarter than me has more luck.

angles

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by angles View Post
    I have to admit everything more than changing a simple key if way beyond me.
    Try not to feel defeated; I think this is all pretty complex for us end users to get our heads around. I think people do well if they just manually enter a BISS key with the remote control! Let alone understanding Hex (whatever that is) or guessing how the emu software works with softcams.

I think it can only really be the emu maker(s) who knows enough to fully get to grips with it all.
    ... whoever that mysterious person / people actually is /are ...

Lee

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I found out couple things since I have my box to make tests with.

Let me make a little description as to what it seemed to work for me.

I went into key edit,then selected BISS,it wasn;t the last one in the list
    I pressed "reset all keys",it did bring the BISS section to last in the list.

Now,I decided to enter biss keys manually.
    After trial and error,I found out how it works.

The first thing you need to know is the video PID,by using the info button.
    You must the Video pid value in decimal and in HEX,so,use windows calculator to find out the HEX value.
    Also get the frequency shown for this channel

To enter new keys you should do it this way

As PROVIDER you must enter the HEX value of the video pid,i.e. 00006E,003124,and so on

As TYPE you should use ODD or EVEN,seem irrelevant (maybe 8bytes option works,didn;t try)

As INDEX,you should use 00 ,if you use FF,it seem to make the list of keys to end here,as if it were the last key that the emu can read,so,best way if to use 00 for index.

As KEY,of course the biss key you have

As FREQ you must enter the frequency of the channel tuned

As VIDEO PID you must enter the DECIMAL value of the video pid.

In this way,as long as channels use different video pids between them,you can enter endless channels.

A note for the PROVIDER field:
    The provider id of the BISS sistem is generally 001FFF,with some exceptions.
    But emulators seem to understand the video pid in hex for this field,,maybe a way to make channels different from each other and find usable keys quicker.
    But surely,a provider of 001FFF will not allow the emu to read any other key after that,even when they are listed (I have seen most all key files using this keys last in the list,which support the theory)

I;m not sure as to what is really reset in keys when you press this option,but seem to locate BISS section last,and this is what is needed.
    I didn;t do it again since then,but if you guys have time to try,please give a report if any keys are removed at doing this,i didn;t notice any missing,but not sure what was there in the file before I reset it.

Thanks
    Thanks for that, Kebien.
    If I can find any channels available to me that reportedly can be opened with BISS, I'll try your manual methods and report back.
    Maybe you could also post if you successfully open any.

Lee

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I opened all channels I have keys for already using the method described.
    I assume all of them can be added the same way.
    As I said,not sure how the emu behaves when it finds two identical providers,as I have no way to test that.

Thanks
    ok, Kebien, thanks.

Where are you finding your BISS keys and for which channels?
    I tried your method by choosing one of the ***View channels on Hotbird and entering a new BISS key for it, using the key found in yesterday's Vantage softcam release from Kobenan, but the channel hasn't opened for me. I think I did it carefully as per your clear instructions.
    By the way, should the frequency be entered as follows:-?
    If the frequency is 12360 Mhz, then we enter 012360 ?

The channel I tried was *** View G ay, and my BISS entry in the Vantage is as follows :-

Provider 001019
    Type Even
    Index 00
    Keys - we can't post them here I think, but it's taken from the last softcam release, looking at it in Vantage Key Editor 1.9
    Freq 012360
    VideoPID 4121

I don't know if that should be correct or is working for you, Kebien, or anyone else?

In general, I don't know how old some of the BISS keys are in the softcam release. Also, channels don't routinely use them anyway, do they? I mean, Viaccess, Irdeto and Conax seem to be the encryptions in place on the channel I tried, according to the Vantage channel banner.

Thanks again,
    Lee

PS I did 'reset all keys' first; BISS then appeared at the bottom in the Vantage menu.
    PPS The 'reset all keys' lost/closed channels for me that the softcam previously opened, such as those that are still available on Polsat and Premiere. However these came back by themselves after tuning to one of the channels and waiting for a minute or so.
    Last edited by mynameisEarl; 04-11-2008 at 03:12 AM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Well,depends
    If the key you entered as index 00 is after any key that use index higher ( index FF or 02,03 or so),then the emu won;t see it.
    This key must be placed before all those.
    In my tests,I deleted all keys that are not available in my area,leaving only the ones I could use,only a few.
    So,all the firsts key index are 00,then only after them the 01,02 and so on to FF.
    But I only used 00 as there is only 4 or 5 biss channels in my area.

Thanks
    ok, thanks. Well done on attempting to work this out - I've no idea how you did it. (Nor would I understand it !)

It seems any new BISS key I enter has to go at the bottom of the list and cannot be moved?

I've just deleted all the BISS keys except for the one I made, and that channel still hasn't magically appeared. If I happen to find a newer key somewhere or other, I'll post back if i find that makes any difference.

Maybe if you or somebody else has your method working on a channel on either Astra1, Astra2, Hotbird or Hispasat (I can only get _some_ Hispasat transponders), you could kindly post the key details as I did above and say where you got your key from. I can see those satellites so should be able to replicate your success, if possible in my model using the same method.
    Last edited by mynameisEarl; 04-11-2008 at 07:24 AM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Well,actually I know all this because it was my suggestion to mgcamd people like 3 years ago (which they kindly added to their emulator),for using the video pids and other channel specs to identify channels differences and being able to make a key selection more feasible.
    At one point,the biss emulators available were only using one key at a time,because they were all using the same provider id,so was natural to look for more specs to find a way to select a key.

Unless you have a c band dish,you won;t see the channels i can get in my area,pointless for you to try on those if this is the case.
    If you only see less than 10 biss channels,my suggestion is to remove all biss keys,and enter them manually as detailed one by one,in this case you can test if each of them is correct.
    You might have the wrong key for the channel.

Thanks
    ok, I see, thanks.
    If I have a change of success, maybe with a different BISS key, I'll post back. It would also be nice to hear from anybody else who has it working with your method on the same model as me. I suppose it may make a difference.

Lee

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123