Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Andromeda 1.0

Thanks

Andromeda 1.0

Exclusive from Allsats
    Andromeda for the TM9100 series of receivers.

This is possibly the fastest 3rd party image ever on this hardware.
    This is an image that sticks its fingers up at the usual convention of packing the image as full as possible with toys and gimmicks the majority of which you will never use.
    The Allsats developers have taken great pain to remove all unneeded code out of the image and to rid it of all unnecessary gimmicks so leaving an image that is super fast at channel surfing and stable.
    Where they couldn't lose certain tools they have instead replaced them with scripts that do the same job but at far less cost to the system.
    The image does not even have an emu manager as this is considered to be one of the major causes of instability, instead cams are initiated and run via scripts.

As said before this image is super fast at surfing and will clear encrypted channels that are available via the use of keys almost instantly, certainly in less than a second.
    Cccam works faster than on anything else no matter how you use it

If you just want to watch TV with an image that is super fast and stable then this is the one for you
    Get it from here
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=91131

Thanks to traveller for posting the files up for us

Thanks
    Thanked 6,192 Times in 1,181 Posts
    Very good news !
    Last edited by catseye; 24-08-2008 at 07:41 PM. Reason: incorrect info posted!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    very good news , must give it a whirl

Thanks
    Just keep an open mind about it guys until you have put it through it's paces and see the difference.
    Echelon mate I know you like to run images from multiboot but you really will not see the best of this one unless it is in flash.

I have been running it for a month or so now and I have to admit I couldn't use anything else now because nothing comes close speed wise.

Thanks
    excellent i shall get back out my 9100 as i was waiting for a really stable image and shall give this ago

is there a pvr recording in this image ?

Thanks
    Had a play and yes a nice image, and its quick, but from the box i had a bit of playing around.
    Where as edg 4.2 worked for me from the box no playing.
    Yes a lovely image but it's back to edg4.2 for me at the moment.

Its also great the 9100 has come of age there is now a choice of good images it has turned out to be a great buy as it was a very good price compared to other machines, and the high level of teams supporting has now got it sorted now in my mind.

Andromeda will be one to watch if this is the first shot from them.

thanks

tr8

Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,241 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tr8. View Post
    Had a play and yes a nice image, and its quick, but from the box i had a bit of playing around.
    Where as edg 4.2 worked for me from the box no playing.
    Yes a lovely image but it's back to edg4.2 for me at the moment.

tr8
    Hi m8, For me it worked straight away and both of the card slots working for the first time ( have used all the images so far being able to only see one of my cards, one of the cards had go in my Trex 4.6 cam ) .

Thanks
    for me it was that it has cccam built in and its not my prefered cam, and i could only get 1 slot to read. this may be as i have a original 9100 not a super?
    Also it took me ages to mount the sd card, had to do it the long way could not find a auto mount but may have missed it.
    But it is fast, and seemed stable.
    A great start, its just probably me stuck with the way some images work.

Thanks
    what image is this based upon? or is it a whole new system?

i know runing it in flash would be the best option but how does multibooting come into it? can you still use iboot with a mmc card?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...413#post550413 has the details you asked about , so I have no idea how you missed them

and it also tells you to run it in the flash , so although it appears you can install iboot I know there were some problems with the onscreen pointer not moving or something like that

do yes you can install and use iboot although there may be some future tweaks to get it all sorted out

its not recommended for use on an mmc card though , although I have tried it and it does work , albeit maybe not 100%

Thanks
    cheers bud..... must be going blind lol

Thanks
    On another site ( not allsats ) they have removed the files saying that they want their beta testers to test, but I think it's sour grapes. There are a couple of small problems ( SD card difficult to mount and jiboot screen not showing the selection ) but the speed more than makes up for this.

PS I got the SD card to mount using manager 2.0 after a reboot.

Thanks
    This is by far the best image so far for the 9100, works a treat for me.

As for *****s removing it, they need to grow up a little over there.

Thanks
    Once you have the card mounted go into the webif hxxp://your-box-addy and the click on config then mount manager then click on the little notepad

Then tick auto mount and save it, now when you reboot the card will mount everytime.

Can you see the pictures?
    Last edited by mytoza; 26-08-2008 at 09:36 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by traveller View Post
    On another site ( not allsats ) they have removed the files saying that they want their beta testers to test, but I think it's sour grapes.

Don't think the files were ever posted on that site mate just had a thread running that was removed. Still the files are available on other sites so no worries.

Thanks
    I'd say its more a case that they don't want to give credit where credit is due as its against their forum rules ... heck even posting is against their forum rules ..

Anyway, the image can be totally user configurable to use it how you want ..don't want to be too specific, but it can be quite easily configured to run the EMU of your choice, then leave it running and it will run and run ...

All worthless items have been removed to keep the speed good and one of the most buggy aspects of the images are the EMU managers ... they are the cause of a lot of random reboots etc ..this has been removed and basic scripts are used instead ... If you switch between alot of EMU's then it may not be for you, but if you stick to the one EMU for most of your activities ..then it will do the job extremely well ...

Thanks

andromena

Thinking of putting this in the flash what is the password,is it still technomate,any help much appreciated.

Thanks
    yes, password is technomate

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by onecard View Post
    Don't think the files were ever posted on that site mate just had a thread running that was removed. Still the files are available on other sites so no worries.
    They did but only for a short time, It was there and then it wasn't.

Thanks
    They are supposedly beta testing it but it will never see the light of day there cos they are too wrapped up in themselves to give some credit to anyone ....

makes me laugh

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast