Thread: Best fixed sat for footie on fixed 2.4m

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Best fixed sat for footie on fixed 2.4m

Ok lads, the wife has told me I can install a 2.4m dish for the footie coz we're fed up missing it all. What's the best satellite to lock it onto (as it's not motorised) to pick up the majority of the EPL?

Thanks
    On basis in UK I guess 2.4 mtre dish will allow you to get 7W and Showtime channels. Expensive way to get EPL!

Normal size dish will get 1W and at moment the Canal Channels (Swedish etc) are watchable with Diablo cam and underworld files.

Steve

Thanks
    Thanks my friend. I plan on getting one of them new HD Dreamboxes the end of November also so with bit of luck maybe some more channels like on my Technomate 1500+ too
    Last edited by chrispy; 05-10-2008 at 05:09 PM.

Thanks
    got a diablo cam and i'm picking up all the epl football on eutelsat using my technomate 1500.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
    Ok lads, the wife has told me I can install a 2.4m dish for the footie coz we're fed up missing it all. What's the best satellite to lock it onto (as it's not motorised) to pick up the majority of the EPL?

Whats your location ?

Don't get a fortec star 240cm dish unless you have a professional installer who put it togther for you.

Thanks
    i have a frontier 50 multi sat fixed dish not allowed by landlord to have the frontier 90 dish i would reccomend the 90 dish mate as it allows u to have upto 16 lnb,s on it and it covers 1w for scandanavian footy channels should cover from 42Eto about 45W for you so lots of choice then ...

East of Ipswich. TM9100 on 1.2m CM Spiderbox on 1.8m CM. HD linux next
    Thanks
    does she know how big that thing is?
    My wife was bad enough with a 1.8m channel master thats nearly 8' to the top. a 2.4 must stand nearly 10' to the top by the time you mount it!!
    Hope you dont get too much wind i used over 1/2 ton of concrete in the base and loads of steel cross welded to a old traffic light post sunk 8' down
    should be fun