Thread: The Birds Destroyed Lnb.

Thanks

The Birds Destroyed Lnb.

Hi M8's,

I need to buy a new Lnb...after buying a Technomate 6900 super last week...I thought I would tweak the dish a bit, but before I did, I noticed that the plastic on my 5 year old Incom had been opened to the weather for some time, looks like it had been pecked away.

Replacing it with my old Grundig Lnb as increased signal quality by about 10% across the arch...so I need some advice on the best Lnb to buy please.

Also if anyone is using the above Receiver with a Traix 110 dish in the North West could they check their signal quality against mine, mine is 85% on Thor watching BBC World on a clear sunny day...if theirs is about the same I may leave the dish alone.

Thanks in advance, James.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    the invacom is one of the best water has probably damaged your lnbf resulting in signal loss you can buy lnbs with a sturdier cap the invacom only has a thin plastic coating thus easily damaged

Thanks
    The Invacom are a good lnb m8, but if your looking for something a bit sturdier you could try the MTI, they are also a very good lnb too.
    The MTI Supreme Line 0.2db at around 15 quid is a good buy in my opinion.

regards bill.

Thanks
    the same thing happened to my invacom some years ago (birds pecked the fogged plastic inner cover away). while I was pleased with the performance up til then it did put me off replacing it with the same lnb, by the time i noticed the lnb was full of earwigs too

Thanks
    Thanks for the replies...I am thinking of getting the "MTI SUPER HIGH GAIN HIGHLINE UNIVERSAL SINGLE LNB" which will cost about £20.

If it lasts as long as the Invacom, then I will be more than happy to pay the extra...anyone got one to comment on?
    James.