Thread: 1 west wierd problem

Thanks

1 west wierd problem

hi, i have just setup a motorized system, but could not find 1west. As it was getting dark we settled for at least astra and hotbird. While moving through the channels i sent it to1west, we get about 3secs of picture then its goes again. it seemed fairly clear that we had simply driven the motor to far. Nowever if i send the dish slowly back i get nothing. thx.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    clearly you are not tracking the arc correctly and you havent started by setting the motor up correctly on 1 west
    ( or due south which is what you are actually trying to do )

put the receiver on 1 west using usals with your longitude and your latitude and this will drive the motor to the correct place , now leave it like that and adjust the dish and motor until you get 1 west , then test the other satellites , fine tuning as you go

the full installation details are in this section , which is where I moved your thread into from the tm6000 section

Thanks
    thx, it is clear we have not got the arc right, however the signal is good and we get a picture as we move from say astra to 1 west. so why can i not get the same signal with manuel moving of the dish. we tried and tried and cannot get above 2 procent on 1 west. i thought it was maybe because we have a tree sort of in the way. i hoped to experiment more today but the weather is terrible.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    if it is due to a tree , and if you are in the uk then try aligning to 5 west using usals , but stick as close to 1 west as possible , and start with due south and not hotbird or astra

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zac View Post
    thx, it is clear we have not got the arc right, however the signal is good and we get a picture as we move from say astra to 1 west. so why can i not get the same signal with manuel moving of the dish. we tried and tried and cannot get above 2 procent on 1 west. i thought it was maybe because we have a tree sort of in the way. i hoped to experiment more today but the weather is terrible.
    the tree is going to be there if you move the dish manually or by motor so it seems problem lies elsewhere get a good meter that should help

Thanks
    it took me about 2 weeks of going up and down a ladder for an hour a night, trying to get 1w.

i thought a tree was blocking it - i thought i'd never get it - then suddenly one weekend (one frosty Saturday morning) i finally pulled in 1w! I WAS SOOOOOO HAPPY!

i even remember the song on the radio that was playing at the time - Robbie Williams, and Angels.

part of my success that saturday was i used a cheap £10 sat beeper - before that, i was trying without one - its just not possible in my view.

get a sat beeper, set your motor to 0 make sure the dish is centered on the motor mount - make sure your pole is dead vertical - and make sure you're tuner is set to a strong TP on 1w when aligning.

LOL!!!!!!

V.I.P.
    Thanks
    Your dish will be in a totally different position as its moving and you briefly clear 1 West compared to when the motor is actually on 1 West and correctly aligned and in a vertical position as it is on the sat

Afraid its probably just a case of human error and your just missing the sat its easily done

TNT