Thread: How to use Darkbox loader (Cedit)

Thanks

How to use Darkbox loader (Cedit)

Note for Darkbox SD receivers only not for the HD receivers.

Using the Darkbox Loader
    For those having problems with the Darkbox Loader programme here is a simple guide to it's use. You do not need to use the loader for either key or main rom updates you use a memory stick as this method is very fast. You use the loader to keep a copy of your channel and favourite settings as when you do a main rom update it erases these settings.
    Step 1: Run the loader software and connect the Darkbox using a Null Modem cable.
    Step 2: Click the "Read Default Data" tab, you are now asked to give the file a name. Whatever you call your file don't forget to end it with .bin
    Step 3: Click open and wait for your settings to download.
    Step 4: Now click the "File" tab and select the "Save" option if you now point to the name that you saved and double click on it the file will be saved.

If installing one of my channel lists ignore the above and start here, use my channel list as the file you load.

Note for the Darkbox SD receivers only.

To re-install your settings after a main rom update run the loader, click "File" then "Load" double click on your file name then click on the "Write Default data" tab and wait until the Darkbox reboots.
    Thats it all done, N.B. this is only needed after a rom update you do not have to do this after key updates.
    Last edited by jimihendrix; 03-10-2008 at 10:17 AM.