Thread: No problems ??

Thanks

No problems ??

Has no one got any problems or questions about their Darkbox SD receiver?
    If you need help with anything just give a shout.

Thanks
    thanks jimi, have a problem entering the no,2381, menu, no , nothing,.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drahcirk View Post
    thanks jimi, have a problem entering the no,2381, menu, no , nothing,.
    You are correct 2381 was the master code for the receiver but with software updates this code no longer works (I'll see if there is a new one).
    Out of interest which patch are you using, I am using the 11th January patch as this opens BBC Prime on Hotbird which later patches don't.

Here is a link to the software, I've just uploaded it for you.

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...524#post559524
    Last edited by jimihendrix; 29-09-2008 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Linked to software

Thanks
    Can you explain what do i do first to a new box i mean to update it Thanks wynne

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnejones View Post
    Can you explain what do i do first to a new box i mean to update it Thanks wynne
    Step one download this file, unzip it and copy to your memory stick. Put the memory stick into the USB socket on the receiver and wait for about 10 seconds and you should see "USB detected".
    If you don't see this message then switch off at the back of the receiver then on again, this time you will. Press the USB key on the remote locate the file and press OK.
    Wait for the receiver to reboot and you have patched your receiver.
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=93287

The softkey is done in exactly the same way.
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=93540

After a softkey update press "menu, 8888, exit exit to turn the emulator on.

To transfer the channel list you will need to download the Cedit software and use a null modem lead or you can scan the satellites for your self.
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=77407

Channel list
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=93158

Using the Darkbox Loader
    For those having problems with the Darkbox Loader programme here is a simple guide to it's use. You do not need to use the loader for either key or main rom updates you use a memory stick as this method is very fast. You use the loader to keep a copy of your channel and favourite settings as when you do a main rom update it erases these settings.
    Step 1: Run the loader software and connect the Darkbox using a Null Modem cable.
    Step 2: Click the "Read Default Data" tab, you are now asked to give the file a name. Whatever you call your file don't forget to end it with .bin
    Step 3: Click open and wait for your settings to download.
    Step 4: Now click the "File" tab and select the "Save" option if you now point to the name that you saved and double click on it the file will be saved.

If installing one of my channel lists ignore the above and start here, use my channel list as the file you load.
    To re-install your settings after a main rom update run the loader, click "File" then "Load" double click on your file name then click on the "Write Default data" tab and wait until the Darkbox reboots.
    Thats it all done, N.B. this is only needed after a rom update you do not have to do this after key updates.

Note for the Darkbox SD receivers only.

Last edited by jimihendrix; 03-10-2008 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Loader instructions added.

Thanks
    Thank you for that you are a very nice man cool??????????

Thanks
    I can record to a 2 gig USB but I have tried a 500gb removable hard drive and comes up recording failed any ideas or what is the biggest size that can be used. Thanks wynne

Thanks
    I'm using a 320gb Seagate Freeagent drive and it works well. I will see if I can find the answer to your problem.

Thanks
    Hi how do you convert a softcam to bin for darkbox sd ?..

thanks

rkraw3